g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov-23-2011, 8:06 AM

UK

Lightbulb Acoustic CD

Hi Glenn

Went to the Manchester show last night, what an awesome show.

Glad your feeling better now.

As you recorded the show do you have any plans to release it as an acoustic cd or download.

Thanks

Steve
Old Nov-23-2011, 10:57 AM

UK

Acoustic cd.

I can't see the Acoustic live cd getting a release after last night. Firstly a bust string, which was is no big deal, secondly no encore due to Glenn taking ill, again no big deal, not Glenns illness but lack of encore. What will make the disc a once only listen for me will be the constant moronic wailing of some dude in the crowd obviously wanting to get his-self heard between every song with stupid shout outs trying to make himself sound funny, which it weren't. The crowd were told prior to the show that it was to be recorded for future release and asked if we could all turn off our mobiles and to refrain from shouting and talking during the quieter moments of the set.
Old Nov-23-2011, 11:45 AM

UK

100% agree about 2 individuals (not fans) who thought that they would try to be clever with stupid, irrelevant and certainly non-amusing comments, Why do a couple of twats spoil things for everyone else? Selfish and immature!

Hope Glenn is feeling more energised now.
Old Nov-23-2011, 12:55 PM

UK

were they the same 2 who were at Nottingham i wonder? A couple of fairly young guys? They were very annoying to the point that i was ready to, and should have told them to shut up.
Old Nov-23-2011, 8:41 PM

UK

i argee with you paul j.i travelled down from glasgow to the show..you always get idiots that think they are being funny but are not!!anyways it didnt take away anything from this awesome performance that glenn gave.it was a privelage to be at the gig!!
Old Nov-23-2011, 11:54 PM

UK

Yeah music man have to agree was a truly awesome show with Glenn putting on a sensational virtuoso vocal performance. I didnt realise how heavy sounding one man and an acoustic guitar could sound!
Old Nov-26-2011, 2:51 AM

UK

There was an idiot behind us at the back near the bar at the Birmingham show who was talking away loudly at one point. despite us turning round and staring at him making it clear we werent amused he carried on. When Suzi Perry told him to be quiet and he told her to F*** Off! thankfully the big security guy came over and told him to shut it or he would be thrown out. sounds like you could have done with that sort of response at the venue in Manchester.

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Nov-29-2011, 9:09 AM

UK

Icon49

Originally Posted by musicman View Post
... i travelled down from glasgow to the show...

Now that's dedication musicman. Not quite in the Chip and Todd Roadshow league of dedication, (think trains, planes and automobiles all in one day ... sort of) but all the same. Or did you travel by jet? If so, I take it all back!

Shirl's Sig:'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '
Old Nov-30-2011, 11:49 AM

Germany

What a real pity about that annoying guy in Manchester! Hope he didn't spoil the recordings and they might be able to fill it up with other material if his shoutings were too bad. If there should have been some recordings on the gigs before as well, there could be a chance for a cd "in the UK" instead of just in Manchester(?).
Would be fantastic because the acoustic evening (in London) was awesome!

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
Old Nov-30-2011, 1:22 PM

Austria

acoustic or electric, doesn`t matter to me, as long as it matches the Acoustic Australian set i will
Old Dec-02-2011, 4:25 PM

USA

Icon32

Originally Posted by Shirl View Post
Now that's dedication musicman. Not quite in the Chip and Todd Roadshow league of dedication, (think trains, planes and automobiles all in one day ... sort of) but all the same. Or did you travel by jet? If so, I take it all back!

Thanks for the shout-out Shirl

Chip's Sig:Chip

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
glenn, guitar