g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Media Centre Interviews & the Press; pictures, video & soundbytes.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar-11-2005, 6:50 AM

USA

Icon33 Glenn added to XM Radio's Deep Tracks

Perhaps coincidence.........perhaps not. I've been listening to XM-40 Deep Tracks for nearly a year and had never heard a GH solo recording played, so I sent the following e-mail to their web site:

What a cool radio station! I am a truck driver, and am either listening to Deep Tracks or Music Lab 90% of my waking hours. I am also an old road dog with many years invested in the rock music world. My first comment is that I think you are missing the boat in a big way with no Glenn Hughes in your "Essential 5002" Playlist. He is there as the lead singer of Trapeze, and one of the singers in Deep Purple (Burn, Stormbringer, and Come Taste the Band albums), but the man is a global superstar and one of the greatest voices of rock music (coincidentally, he is introduced at his sold out concerts in Asia, Europe, and South America as "THE Voice of Rock"). Glenn has a tremendous catalog of solo releases since he began his solo career in earnest around 1992. Please do try to listen for yourselves and include Glenn's work in your playlist. I beleive he might even be persuaded to perform live for you - KILLER LIVE SHOW!!!!! Just check him out - I can assure you that if you do, you will agree.
Edgar "Big Ed from Buckhead" Brimer

I received an e-mail reply within 30 minutes (amazing enough!) assuring me that they would check out Glenn's solo work. exactly 6 days later, to my amazement I turned my XM radio on and "Blue Jade" was being played! In the ensuing week, I have heard that two other songs were played (I missed the actual songs, but heard credit given to Glenn and in one case a brief orientation on the man for the unaware!!). I beleive that they actually did listen and found that I had steered them in the right direction!!! I would encourage you to e-mail them and compliment their good taste!! C-YA! Big Ed

Big Ed's Sig:** * *** * * ***** *** ** *********** ** ******* ***
Old Mar-11-2005, 7:15 AM

USA

Thumbs up

Success! Good job Big Ed! This is exactly what we all need to be doing for Glenn. The momentum is there right now- we all need to help ride Soul Mover to the max! Your instance is an even more valuable score in my opinion- because they have hit on his back catalogue. I have been working on a friend who is a promoter currently working under a national contract with Budwieser. Record companies will only do so much... and unless it's a big one like Sony- that's not too much at all! We, the people who spend the money must speak up!
Old Mar-11-2005, 9:03 AM

UK

I couldn't agree more. I did a similar trick to Virgin Rock radio over here in the UK. The simple fact is that if these staions don't get feedback from the fans, then they will carry on playing the same old tracks. It only takes one presenter or producer to get wind of a track and it's sold. Nice one!
Old Mar-11-2005, 9:09 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,852 Times in 2,722 Posts
Thumbs up Xm

Thanks Big Ed for your dedication, that's great they listened and delivered

XM have actually been quite helpful in promoting Glenn's works in the past but not on that particular show. He's been featured on their XM 41 - Boneyard channel, when Songs In The Key Of Rock was released Stateside, also both HTP records were featured.

What's really cool about your efforts and as Mark mentioned, they've taken the time to checkout his back catalogue. Now with Soul Mover days away from being released on this side of the pond, you will hopefully also hear a few tracks played from it too

Great job and please let us know what else you manage to hear played over the coming days and weeks.
Old Mar-11-2005, 10:15 AM

USA

Icon49

Looks like "Big Ed" is gonna get my GH base guitar prize, huh David?
Well, that's OK by me, because he deserves it.

GREAT JOB, ED!!!!!!!

(Us GH Crazy People aren't just good-looking, we're smart, too.)

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Share Thread

Tags
1992, albums, David, Deep Purple, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, guitar, HTP, solo, soul mover, track, Trapeze