g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan-29-2004, 11:54 PM

USA

JOE LYNN TURNER TO GUEST VJ ON VH1

Joe will "guest VJ" on VH1 Classic!
JLT will be sharing compelling anecdotes and introducing classic pop and rock videos on VH1 Classic, starting at 6am January 31. His guest VJ shift will appear in (3) 4 hour blocks: 6am-10am, 2pm-6pm and 10pm-2am. He'll be joined by veteran VH1 personality, Amy Scott. Joe and Amy will reveal never-before-aired stories about his work with Ritchie Blackmore, Billy Joel, Cher, Lita Ford and Leslie West (Mountain) among others. He'll also give viewers insight into the making of some of the videos he was in. Check out VH1 Classic's official web site for information on how you can request a video!
Old Jan-30-2004, 7:23 AM

USA

Thanks for post, Larry! I was at the taping and I did hear many "plugs" for HTP and GH's name mentioned. Not sure what will be edited out but I know that I had to provide quite a bit of material for the graphics to be shown. That material included HTP stuff!! So...we'll see. Let's hope JLT and GH get some good play off this. Take Care, Lisa
Old Jan-30-2004, 3:59 PM

USA

excellent ...just what i was hoping for !!!
Old Jan-31-2004, 9:13 AM

USA

Have had VH1 Classic on all day, with the vcr rolling of course. Joe did an excellent job. Our boy Glenn received several mentions, the HTP 2 album was shown a bunch of times, about the only thing you could have asked for was a couple GH videos and more talk of HTP. Hats off to Lisa Walker for putting it together. Hopefully something like this will happen for Glenn someday.

Chip
Old Jan-31-2004, 11:10 PM

USA

Too right, Chip. It was cool to see the HTP 2 CD cover scrolling across the screen and hearing Glenn's name on TV

But thank goodness for "fast forward" - couldn't of stood sitting through some of the videos they decided to show

For those that missed it or unable to tune-in, you can listen to the audio of the segments over at the HTP Supporters Club - you'll find it in the Swag! page of the Media section!
Old Feb-02-2004, 11:09 AM

USA

Chip writes:

>>>Have had VH1 Classic on all day, with the vcr rolling of course.>>>

I got it all on tape also.

>>>> Joe did an excellent job.>>>

On behalf of Joe we thank you ;-) I agree. I am pretty sure most of you do not know but I was a TV and radio personality for over 15 years. Joe is what people in the media call "a dream" to work with and that is not just because I work for Joe. He had that reputation in the business from the 80s in Rainbow right through to the DP years.

>>> Our boy Glenn received several mentions, the HTP 2 album was shown a bunch of times, about the only thing you could have asked for was a couple GH videos and more talk of HTP. >>>>

Now that it is over ;-) I will admit I agree. But, a big reason they agreed to having Joe on for such a long shift is because he can talk about SO MANY diverse artists he has worked with that fit their format. So...from a programming standpoint (I used to program radio stations as well) I would agree with what they did. Joe is not as much a "household name" as Billy Joel for example. Neither is Glenn Hughes. So, believe it or not as a media relations person whenever I can see GH or JLT in a situation that might introduce them to a more diverse fan group I am all for it :-). In otherwords, I would RATHER see GH or JLT put in a situation where people who normally would not know who they are get a chance to get to know them. Does this make sense?

>>>Hats off to Lisa Walker for putting it together. >>>>

Thanks for your kind words, Chip.It is fans like you who recognize that this is no easy task that help make me plug along.

>>>Hopefully something like this will happen for Glenn someday.>>>

I hope so also! :-) We are working on it. It could not hurt at all for ALL Glenn fans....even if you do not get VH1C to go to the web site and request GH videos. Every little bit counts.

Take Care,
Lisa

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
album, cover, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, HTP, Video