g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Tour Dates & Appearances Official appearances and 100% officially confirmed live dates happening around the world can be found here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep-20-2012, 9:49 AM

UK

Its a disaster really, the day after tickets went on sale, and claiming unforeseen circumstances. I dont think so.
Old Sep-20-2012, 9:50 AM

Germany

I just got the news from "Classic Rock" and left a comment there, trying to controll my frustration about the "politics" of BCC. I was going to visit that concert from Berlin and I'm glad now I waited a bit with the booking (especially the flight from Berlin to Birmingham and back). Now I'm gonna save a lot of money and hope there will be a clear decision about BCC in the near future.

If Joe can't commit any touring time anymore he should call it quits or the band should do so and look for another guitar player. No more "maybe" and "this must not be the end" etc. and all the fans keep hoping and getting even more disappointed in the end. If this side project has become so less important to JB, then please let him go his way and look for another great guitar player who would burn for this band! I'm sure there is one out there who would be pleased, available, enthusiastic and a good mate as well. Get him in and hit the road again under a new (but similar) name. I would try to see as many concerts as possible...

www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/black-country-communion-cancel-one-off-show/comment-page-1/?mtc=comment-320494#comment-320494

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to geosoulberlin For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-20-2012, 11:06 AM

Germany

I love this guy, he's got real class:

www.facebook.com/CavemanProductions/posts/10151174163817108

And I will never forget that he wasn't too busy to answer my fan question via mail last year about the future of BCC. Now that is caring for fans!

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
Old Sep-20-2012, 11:16 AM

USA

Originally Posted by geosoulberlin View Post
I love this guy, he's got real class:

www.facebook.com/CavemanProductions/posts/10151174163817108

And I will never forget that he wasn't too busy to answer my fan question via mail last year about the future of BCC. Now that is caring for fans!

Uh... read between those lines. He is clearly laying all of this on Glenn!! No doubt about it.
Old Sep-20-2012, 1:00 PM

Germany

Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Uh... read between those lines. He is clearly laying all of this on Glenn!! No doubt about it.

Hmm...after reading them lines twice I had similar thoughts (especially about the tweets) but I just can't imagine him writing cryptic messages on fb to Glenn. There might be others involved who blew it, maybe we will hear more about it shortly. This has been said on the JB forum:

Street Team Andy wrote:
I just found out about the cancellation this morning. Obviously no one involved, from the artists to the management, wanted it to come to having to cancel the show. I know how passionate you guys are about the music and the situation just flat out sucks. I agree that you all, especially those of you who had already purchased tickets and booked accommodations, deserve a better explanation than "unforseen circumstances", but that's all we can officially say at this time. More details to come and again, everyone involved is extremely sorry to have let down the fans. More details to come...

Old Sep-20-2012, 1:10 PM

USA

Originally Posted by geosoulberlin View Post
Hmm...after reading them lines twice I had similar thoughts (especially about the tweets) but I just can't imagine him writing cryptic messages on fb to Glenn. There might be others involved who blew it, maybe we will hear more about it shortly. This has been said on the JB forum:

Street Team Andy wrote:
I just found out about the cancellation this morning. Obviously no one involved, from the artists to the management, wanted it to come to having to cancel the show. I know how passionate you guys are about the music and the situation just flat out sucks. I agree that you all, especially those of you who had already purchased tickets and booked accommodations, deserve a better explanation than "unforseen circumstances", but that's all we can officially say at this time. More details to come and again, everyone involved is extremely sorry to have let down the fans. More details to come...

Yes he does do the cryptic thing. Make no mistake, he is family when it comes to JB. His message was pointed directly at Glenn. That quote you pasted is a direct response to my post saying that we as fans deserve a better explanation than "unforeseen circumstances". There has been tension brewing for some time now and its come to a head. Of course we the fans get screwed in the end. I think this thing is done and over with. Sad to say it, but I think it is.
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Forever Young For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-21-2012, 1:57 AM

France

Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post

I'm agree...
Old Sep-21-2012, 9:21 AM

UK

You can uderstand Glenn being hacked off after putting so much effort into BCC, writing the songs, doing the promotion etc.
Shame, but let's see if/when something more positive develops!
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to damo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-21-2012, 10:10 AM

USA

Great job J&R build the brand into something very successful then tear it down. In this day and age it's not an easy task, and yet the band seems set to be ended. Really ticking me off.
Old Sep-21-2012, 11:08 AM

Finland

Read Joe's recent comments about the cancelled gig here.

Arnito's Sig:"It's not what you say, it's the feeling that's the song"
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Arnito For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-21-2012, 11:19 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,852 Times in 2,722 Posts
Originally Posted by Arnito View Post
Read Joe's recent comments about the cancelled gig here.

So because he's being called out about not touring BCC, he's throwing a hissy fit and cancelling the one and only planned 2013 BCC gig Jeez, grow up will 'ya... otherwise, he'll end up with more than just one self inflicted black eye! Like I said in another thread... obviously what Joe wants, Joe gets

Anyway, BCC as we knew it, is obviously done now... still... looking forward to 'Afterglow'... and await what's next from Glenn
The Following 5 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-21-2012, 1:36 PM

UK

Thanks Joe

Given that Glenn has spent months writing and recording Afterglow and then spent weeks doing the media promotional work.
It is appalling that the man of great principle cannot be bothered to do even one gig to support his band mates and reward the fans who put their hard cash into his pocket.
I hope his high principles mean he will turn down the income from a project which is now beneath him.
Glenn move on you are worth so much more than this spoilt brat
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to IAIN For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-21-2012, 1:55 PM

USA

Thumbs down

***Deleted*** you Joe!
Old Sep-21-2012, 2:31 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,383 Times in 790 Posts
Somehow I have a film before my eyes. About the Purple trouble back in the old days. Who had said what to whom and why, who called somebody names, who contributed to songs and who hadn't, and what have you not. Only then it all became known through the press much much later.

Now we have the internet and get all info within hours. Is that an advantage? Definitely yes as far as the cancellation is concerned before more fans bought tickets and made hasty travel arrangements. But otherwise? I'm not so sure.

First the sudden death of Lordy, now BCC goes up in smoke. What a sad year for us fans!

As far as Joe is concerned: I am very suspicious about people who need 'street teams' to promote themselves. Either you make it on your own or you don't.

@ Heidi and Stormy: Chin up. At least we have the Purple tour in November to look forward to. THEY won't let us down.

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
Old Sep-21-2012, 3:02 PM

France

yes I know Lioness... but I'm really really sad since 2 days... and I can't think about something else for the moment...
Old Sep-21-2012, 3:38 PM

UK

What a sad day clearly they did not find a way forward.
Also did I miss something has Glenn said anymore that has prompted the response from Joe ?
Old Sep-21-2012, 3:50 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,852 Times in 2,722 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark3 View Post
Also did I miss something has Glenn said anymore that has prompted the response from Joe ?

No; just angry, upset, frustrated fans venting!
Old Sep-21-2012, 4:07 PM

USA

Bottom line...... J&R (Joe and Roy) have no allegiance to anyone but JOE AND ROY.........
Old Sep-21-2012, 5:19 PM

USA

Icon32

Hell hath no fury like a Glenn Hughes fan scorned.

(Hey...no one steal that, I might put that on a t-shirt and sell it )

The news of the last few days are a real shame. Looking forward to what Glenn has up his sleeve for the future.

Chip's Sig:Chip
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-21-2012, 6:30 PM

USA

damm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive been holding this back but im gonna say it now - something i think i noticed in Indy - SOME PEOPLE JUST CANT SHARE THE SPOTLITE - someone like that is better off alone - so be it
Old Sep-21-2012, 8:40 PM

USA

Icon33

Disappointing, but not surprising. Glenn was the driving force behind BCC, I think, because he had the most to gain from it. And so he was willing to put his solo career on the back burner for Black Country Communion, whereas Joe wasn't.

I think if the band had released 'Afterglow', done press together and maybe a couple well publicized promo performances (including Leno, Conan, Letterman, Eddie Trunk's show or something similar in the States?), given each other breathing room to do their own thing and then committed to tour after a fourth record, BCC might have continued. As it stands, it's back to business as usual for Bonamassa and Shirley.

I think it's time for Glenn to kick our asses with another solo album again!
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to toadsterama For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-21-2012, 10:41 PM

USA

Let's be real here! The only reason BCC's music was good was because

of Glenn & his vision I was never that happy that Joe was in the

band! I always thought a real rocker should've been the choice!

Glenn will be fine as I said before & I look forward not backwards!

Let Joe (Laverne) & Shirley go off on their own way & make boring music

again! I love being a fan of Glenn's because every album is like Xmas!

You never know what it's going to be, but you know you will love it!

galleyfan's Sig:SCOTT
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to galleyfan For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-21-2012, 11:51 PM

USA

Buy Joe out get another guitarist and carry on!
Old Sep-22-2012, 12:59 AM

UK

Icon23

A real disappointment for the fans and 3 members of the band. Joe announces a USA tour for March and April next year but cant find time for a few BCC shows!

BCC was an opportunity for Glenn's songwriting to be put in the spotlight and that's the one big plus about it for me Joe hardly writes anything on his own albums never mind in BCC.

The biggest disappointment is that we wont hear the Afterglow songs live now or the older songs I think Glenn should at least do a small UK tour as "Songs from the Black Country" with a pure BCC setlist. He doesn't need a "supergroup" set of musicians to play with him as the songs stand up for themselves.

If only Chickenfoot hadn't formed, imagine Satriani, Hughes & Smith as a live 3 piece playing in the style of Trapeze! Let's try Vai, Hughes & Bonham instead.

I'll be consoling myself with a trip to see Rival Sons next saturday in Wolverhampton instead

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to wolfysmith For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-22-2012, 1:10 AM

UK

Originally Posted by tony g View Post
ive been holding this back but im gonna say it now - something i think i noticed in Indy - SOME PEOPLE JUST CANT SHARE THE SPOTLITE - someone like that is better off alone - so be it

Well now, I have had the same thoughts after seeing BCC watch the body language of Joe on the DVD, I don't see someone who is really into it.

For me it was during the tour last summer that any fire joe had for BCc was extinguished. Unfortunatley it is not as simply to replace Joe as the whole project is/ was funded by JR Adventures, so Joe had all the control.

It seems he could barely turn up to record Afterglow, contributed very little actuall writing, barely a word on its delivery. These are hardly the actions of a committed band member let alone the touring !!!

Action speak louder than words I'm afraid it does smell a little of spoilt kid syndrome.

Let's hope Glenn next project is based on a more stable and sustainable foundation!
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Mark3 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-22-2012, 1:48 AM

Germany

Thanks a lot for linking that comment of Joe! Unfortunately it proves the worries right that everyone had...
Glenn's actual twitter answer to that:

RT @JBONAMASSA: I am very sorry about the Black Country Communion canceled gig. But principle still stands for something in 2012. I ready to move on... me too... GH

As much as I'm sorry about the cancelled gig, I also do understand Joe. If the good feelings between him and Glenn are gone and JB is "the bad boy" now for the end of BCC it might have been a lame show trying to continue as if nothing has happened. I'm the last person to appreciate this splitup but we all saw it coming. Glenn said the truth about his (and the fan's!) expectations of BCC being more on tour but maybe the timing saying it again and again wasn't chosen too well. It might have been a mistake trying to commit Joe to tour more with BCC by blaming him in public for a possible end of the band before the last album is out and the gig in Wolverhampton was played. If you put another one at the wall to be shot you shouldn't be surprised if he disappears. Even if your criticism is right. And the tweet that he could write a book about BCC might have been the last straw.

Waiting until January to see how the album and the gig in Wolverhampton was going and speaking to all band members and the producer first before going public about the future of BCC might have been better. I mean there's also Derek and Jason in the band, did anybody think of them two? What are their opinions about touring more with BCC? We all don't really know, do we? It's all about Glenn and Joe but this band has four members and not just two. I'm also thinking now that the cryptic message of Kevin Shirley was meant for Glenn. But it's a real shame that the last gig wasn't cancelled before the first tickets were sold and a lot of fans booked expensive travels which they can't get refunded now!

I'm still very sad about the ending of BCC but it's good to know the reasons behind all this hustle and I will surely still enjoy Afterglow. And now I'm looking forward again to Glenn's future projects!

Old Sep-22-2012, 1:57 AM

Germany

Thanked 1,383 Times in 790 Posts
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Hell hath no fury like a Glenn Hughes fan scorned.

(Hey...no one steal that, I might put that on a t-shirt and sell it )

Excellent idea, Chip! Can I place an order?

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-22-2012, 2:03 AM

Germany

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
First the sudden death of Lordy, now BCC goes up in smoke. What a sad year for us fans!

As far as Joe is concerned: I am very suspicious about people who need 'street teams' to promote themselves. Either you make it on your own or you don't.

@ Heidi and Stormy: Chin up. At least we have the Purple tour in November to look forward to. THEY won't let us down.

Yes, I'm looking forward to DP a lot but this ending of BCC is still a bad one. Even though it was in the air I'm still sad about it because I love BCC 1 and 2 and I loved to see them live. Especially after the first gigs when they started to become really famous they did a great concert in London last year. I thought: that's it! They are on their way to Mars now and nobody can stop them! They were much better than the main act Dream Theater, all the critics were praising them after that show.
But Joe's reaction in October about touring in 2012 was already surprising negative and I think there might have been more going on behind the scenes that we all don't know about...

Old Sep-22-2012, 3:35 AM

Germany

I just tried to read the original statement of Joe in his forum and the reactions of his fans but the whole thread about the cancelled BCC gig is gone. As if BCC never existed and now it's just the upcoming solo spring tour of JB that's important.

Now that is really the reaction of a spoilt kid that's just crying "Me! Me! Me!" and it's making me very angry

Old Sep-22-2012, 3:51 AM

Netherlands

I understand that Joe is to busy to tour he has a full agenda as a solo artist with a growing fan base.

But on the other hand if you join a supergroup like BCC that was succesfull from the 1ste album,you know playing live is part of the job...

I think Glenn has point he was the driving force behind the band spended lots of time and energie on each album.

Joe came in to the studio did his thing and thats it,the least thing he could do for his fellow bandmates is do a tour for 2 weeks.

And imo it must be an honour for a guy like Joe to share the stage with a guy like Glenn

Glenn shared the truth with the fans and if you can't handle that you'r not even worth to share the stage with the rest of the guys...

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Share Thread

Tags
013, 2011, 2012, 2013, album, albums, bands, bass, Black Country Communion, book, Civic Hall, classic rock, drums, glenn, Glenn Hughes, guitar, jason bonham, joe bonamassa, journey, keys, press, related, solo, solo album, tickets, tour, Wolverhampton