g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Album Reviews

Album Reviews Share your review or opinion on Glenn's past & current releases.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan-30-2002, 11:35 AM

USA

Icon33 Voices For America CD

Well,

I wish I had alot of good things to say, but I dont. I will start of by saying that I'm glad the cd was for a good cause. Other than that it is a once through listen. Glenn is only there briefly. I thought his participation would be more than a few lines.

Overall, there are 3 songs on the disc. My fault for not doing the research, I thought it was a full album. There is an allstar cast of singers and thank God they tell you the band they are from otherwise I wouldn't know half of them by name(Peter Rivera of Rare Earth, Larry Hoppen of Orleans??.....who would know these people.) I guess I dont know as much about music as I thought I did. I admit, I am an 80's guy so some 70's stuff escapes me but I felt they really dug deep to fill the vocalist shoes on this one.

One song is almost completely sung by Larry Hoppen of Orleans. Are there that many Orleans fans out there?

Finally, the shipping time is almost a month. I think they sent it pony express....for real.

My advice, if you want to spend 15 bucks, go buy a few scratch tickets. You might feel it was more worth it.

Maz

One more thing....If this was an Orleans fanpage, I would love this disc and reccommend everyone shoot over to VOCR web page and buy this immediately!!

Later......
Old Jan-30-2002, 12:46 PM

USA

Thanks for taking the time to give it a spin and for the review.

I was looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it, but I'm sorry to hear it's a disappointment, I too didn't realize it was only 3 songs, although looking at the web site they do have the tracks listed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

I will say one thing though, don't take this CD as to what VCR are all about. Both David and I were pleasantly surprised when we saw their show recently. They're all top notch musicians and certainly give 100% to a live performance. In addition, and certainly in our case, it's great to see Glenn and the others perform on each other's songs. Even if you don't know a particular tune, you end up liking it 'coz of the different spin that's given it by someone you wouldn't expect to see or hear playing it!

Anyway, the VH-1 Classic special that's supposed to be coming in a couple of months should make up for this!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Album Reviews

Share Thread

Tags
album, David, glenn