g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug-31-2017, 10:19 AM

UK

HTP Vs BCC

'The Ledge' is one I'd return to from the HTP debut.
Off the second HTP the track,which eludes me now,
where Steve Via guested got my attention.
Regarding BCC,I liked the punch and directness of 'One Last Soul'.
'Cold' live or studio is a killer-diller.''Little Secrets' with that descending George Harrison-esque chord progression is memorable.
'Collide' had that Zep-esque stop start riffing that wears a bit thin nowdays but I may warm to it in the context of the new album.
With BCC previously Glenn's funk-soul leanings were not really represented there-in, a shame.
A proper Hughes/Thrall new album and Tour would be a dream come true and would trump HTP and BCC for me anyway.
Old Sep-01-2017, 7:31 AM

USA

I try not to compare Glenn's collaborations, but do want to mention that he definitely seems to shine when he collaborates with other artists. Case in point: Hughes/Iommi, BCC, Deep Purple, to name a few. His solo work was primarily funk driven, which I always struggled with a bit.

BCC, though, is hard rock straight in your face; and while there is no new ground broken, the music is of the highest quality, which in the rock arena we don't get a lot of these days. I thoroughly enjoy it. I still regard "Fused" as his masterpiece though (as far as collaborations are concerned).

HTP stuff, while easily likeable, it felt a bit too commercial (as almost anything that JLT does).

Hughes/Thrall -- also felt too pop-ish, if you will. But would be cool if a second album came out just to see the progression hopefully away from pop
Old Sep-08-2017, 12:36 AM

Finland

Icon37

Did someone mention new Iommi/Hughes album... YES please!

T

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
1969, 1st, 2009, album, albums, cheap trick, debut, glenn, history, joe bonamassa, music, rock, solo, solo album, steve morse, tommy bolin, tour, track, voodoo hill, wild seed of mother earth, win