g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May-13-2014, 4:34 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Icon49 Rock Against Trafficking Benefit Album

Top Grammy-Award-winning stars and Rock And Roll Hall Of Famers are joining forces in the recording studio to create an all-star music compilation album in support of Rock Against Trafficking (R.A.T.), a nonprofit organization committed to the awareness and prevention of child slavery. Musicians involved in the project include Glenn Hughes, Steven Tyler, Slash, Julian Lennon, Neal Schon, Joe Bonamassa, Andy Fraser and HEART.

The first project R.A.T. is producing is "Set Them Free", a compilation album of the music industry's top stars performing the music of Sting and THE POLICE. Various other legendary artists are currently scheduling to record songs for the album.

"The day I had the opportunity to meet Gary Miller, I had the chance to hear about this humanitarian cause," says John Schayer, director of public relations at Rock Against Trafficking. "Working with him has given me a feeling of purpose that is renewed each day. It is our goal to unite people around the world to join us in this heartfelt effort to stop child trafficking and send the children home."

"27 million people are slaves today," says Gary Miller, founder of Rock Against Trafficking. "80% of trafficking victims are women and girls. 50% are minors and every year 2 million children are exploited in the global sex trade. We are joining together in a solid commitment through music to make a difference."

Rock Against Trafficking is a nonprofit organization established to fight for the end of child slavery worldwide. The mission of the nonprofit is to create awareness of this crisis and provide resources for the rescue and restoration o victims through the power of music. The nonprofit is using the power of music through partnering with top stars in the entertainment industry to create global awareness of the epidemic of child labor and sex trafficking.

For more information, visit www.rockagainsttrafficking.org
The Following 4 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-12-2014, 1:42 PM

zUKUSA

Glenn featured @ 1:40 in this PSA for "Rock Against Trafficking"
Rock Against Trafficking - YouTube
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-29-2014, 10:50 AM

zUKUSA

...scroll to end of this article, to hear Glenn's cover of the The Police classic, "Roxanne"

www.billboard.com/articles/news/6236459/rock-against-trafficking-gary-miller-grammys

Quote:
Glenn Hughes went in studio recently with popular record producer, Gary Miller, to record the track to add his voice to the all star celebrity roster. When asked about his contribution to the project, Hughes shared, "Gary called me and told me about the project and asked if I would sing a song. He asked me about doing 'Roxanne.' There is so much love involved in bringing this special project to the world. It is indeed my pleasure."

The Following 7 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-31-2014, 1:01 AM

Sweden

When was this recorded? Glenn sounds great here.
Old Aug-31-2014, 3:15 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by danielb View Post
When was this recorded? Glenn sounds great here.

...recently!

Old Aug-31-2014, 5:59 PM

Uruguay

This is a wonderful rendition. Glenn's voice is just perfect. I love it.
Old Sep-01-2014, 3:12 AM

Sweden

Icon38

THIS IS GLENN HUGHES,JUST SAY... MISS THAT.
Old Sep-01-2014, 10:22 AM

Sweden

Yep gribban, this is the way I want him to sound as well His vocals are more buried in the mix with Cali Breed by comparison.
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to danielb For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-02-2014, 1:24 PM

Sweden

When is this album coming out?
Old Sep-02-2014, 1:42 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by danielb View Post
When is this album coming out?

...maybe late this year or early next, as it's still a work in progress, and some of the Artists have yet to begin their sessions.
Old Sep-03-2014, 11:39 PM

Sweden

Can't get over how great Glenn sounds on this version of Roxanne. It's curious he sounds more like himself here than with Cali Breed. I just wish his voice was given the same room to shine in CB, where it often has to fight for space with all the distorted guitars etc.

Maybe it's the mix on Cali Breed that is the problem. More separation between instruments and Glenn and his bass clearer in the mix would probably have made it easier on the ears.
Old Sep-10-2014, 5:20 PM

USA

I kind of agree; California Breed hit me like a ton of bricks when I first heard it. I was literally stunned by how overwhelmingly dense it seemed.

I have always loved the power and range of Glenn's voice but, with everything turned up to 11, and the near 100% "turbo vocal" approach he took to most of these songs, it was all almost more than I could absorb at first listen, and I've been a fan of Glenn's for almost three decades now!

Having listened to it several times, I've gotten used to the album's sound, and it's awesome that he still has the pipes, but I can't help but feel that on some level California Breed is an album that I have to steel myself to listen to; it's not something I can just casually put on and take in...

Welcome to the era of "The Loudness Wars" I guess...

In any case, his version of "Roxanne" here is beautiful - a crystalline reminder of just why I fell in love with Glenn's vocal work all those years ago; such a delivery as this can be achieved by very, very few others if any...
Old Jan-28-2017, 6:28 PM

zUKUSA

...looks like "Set Them Free" is set for release next month and in celebration of the release, Rock Against Trafficking, have issued Glenn's contribution, The Police classic, "Roxanne", as a FREE download

You can get it now via http://bit.ly/2kfb9iu
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
2014, album, bass, cover, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, joe bonamassa, R.A.T., rock, Rock Against Trafficking, Sting, The Police, win