g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov-01-2016, 9:17 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Icon32 GLENN HUGHES Forced To Cancel UK/European Tour

Due to fallout from Living Colour pulling off the UK and European dates...

Quote:
GLENN HUGHES FORCED TO CANCEL UK/EUROPEAN TOUR AFTER CO-HEADLINER LIVING COLOUR PULLS OUT AND BOOKS A CONFLICTING RUN FOR THE SAME DATES

Promoters Left With No Choice But To Refund All Tickets For Previously Announced Dates

Hughes’ New Solo Album Resonate Scheduled For Release On November 4th Via Frontiers Music SRL

Glenn Hughes is forced to cancel his UK/European tour today after the co-headliner Living Colour booked a conflicting support slot on Alter Bridge's European tour. New management for Living Colour knowingly booked them onto the Alter Bridge tour although they were already confirmed for the Glenn Hughes co-headline tour, which had been on sale since April. Alter Bridge and Glenn Hughes have been long-time friends and neither Alter Bridge, their management and agents or even Living Colour's agent TKO were aware that this was taking place.

Glenn Hughes was planning on touring Europe in support of his upcoming solo album, Resonate. When word got to promoters that Living Colour were no longer planning to perform on the co-headline dates, they were forced to refund all tickets. All ticket holders of Glenn Hughes' UK/European tour will be offered refunds at the point of purchase and can call the venues for more information.

"I am saddened and disappointed that I will not be able to perform for my UK and European fans as I had originally intended. When I partnered with Living Colour to do this tour, I thought we would be able to make something special happen at these shows. Unfortunately, an undermining manager got involved and in turn ruined what would have been an amazing tour. I can’t wait to get back to the UK and Europe to bring the new songs of Resonate to my fans overseas," explains Glenn Hughes.

Glenn Hughes' new solo album, Resonate, has been receiving critical acclaim from media and fans alike. The album will be available in two configurations: regular cd and deluxe edition including one bonus track and DVD. The Deluxe Edition includes the bonus track "Nothing's The Same", plus a bonus DVD disc featuring the "Making of" the album documentary – "Heavy" (song video), and "Long Time Gone" (song video). A vinyl release will be made available via the Frontiers' label partners Soulfood Music. The album is available for pre-order via Amazon (http://radi.al/ResonateAmazon), iTunes (http://radi.al/ResonateiTunes) and Google Play (http://radi.al/ResonateGooglePlay). The single "Heavy" is also available on Spotify at http://radi.al/ResonateSpotify with the full album streaming on release date. Resonate was produced by Glenn Hughes & Soren Andersen.

Glenn Hughes, the legendary "Voice Of Rock," has been a fixture in the music industry for over 35 years. In that time, he has become one of the most-respected and influential performers through his work in Trapeze, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Black Country Communion as well as his solo career.

For more artist information, visit:

GLENN HUGHES
http://www.glennhughes.com
https://www.facebook.com/glennhughesonline
https://twitter.com/glenn_hughes

If you purchased VIP Upgrades and have not already been contacted directly, you can email On The List Presents at vip@otlpresents.com to receive refund information.
Old Nov-01-2016, 10:43 AM

UK

UK Tour cancelled 2016 Ticket Refunds?

Hope Glenn reschedules the dates before the BCC comeback begins.
Old Nov-01-2016, 11:07 AM

UK

Glenn Hughes cancelling UK 2016 TOUR update

Just got off the line from Ticketmaster and the Cancellation was still being finalized.The Wulfren Hall via Ents 24 was still selling tickets for the show. as I write.
Old Nov-01-2016, 11:21 AM

UK

David, is Glenn still appearing at HRH in Wales?

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Nov-01-2016, 11:33 AM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by wolfysmith View Post
David, is Glenn still appearing at HRH in Wales?

No, that is also a casualty
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-01-2016, 1:02 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,216 Times in 691 Posts
Well, "many thanks" to Living Colour and their management for this devastating situation

I am p*issed beyond words and I feel sorry for Glenn that he is robbed of the possibility to present his new long awaited solo album as planned.

We fans can return our tickets and will be reimbursed. But what about Glenn and the band? Will they be compensated for loss of income and everything else that comes with it?

It's funny, but right from the beginning I used to have some bad vibes about this tour which was announced as a tour with two main acts.

Sigh, what a mess!

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-01-2016, 2:02 PM

Germany

What about Stone Broken?

I don't get that. I was reading about 10 days ago in the net that Living Colour is out of the tour due to "unforeseen conflicts" and shortly after that it was announced they would tour with Alter Bridge now.
Therefor Glenn Hughes should be supported by Stone Broken, so the band is still writing on their page: http://stonebroken.com. They were also writing on twitter that they were really looking forward to support such a legend as Glenn.
And now Glenn is cancelling his tour because of Living Colour dropping out?
What about the new support Stone Broken?
Damn, what a pity...

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to geosoulberlin For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-01-2016, 2:17 PM

Germany

Okay, now I got it: "When word got to promoters that Living Colour were no longer planning to perform on the co-headline dates, they were forced to refund all tickets."

I really hope that Glenn will find a more reliable supporting act (not a second headliner) to tour Europe shortly and introduce his new album "Resonate". (So much looking forward to it!)
And I hope he has a real good lawyer to get a good compensation out of that damn management of Living Colour for the cancelled tour

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
Old Nov-01-2016, 2:33 PM

Germany

Interesting comment of a fan on "Planet Rock" 10 days ago:
"Living Colour have cancelled their last three British tours now which makes then extremely unprofessional in my view. When I met them in 1991 they were all a bunch of intense, miserable tosser's, apart from Muzz Skilling's who was subsequently sacked! I pity all you lot who bought tickets. I bet you want bother next time."
So far about the reliability of Living Colour as a live band...

Old Nov-02-2016, 12:41 PM

UK

I'll still be at Hard Rock Hell with a bunch of GH Crazies so will wear my USA tour shirt with pride - especially when Living Colour appear!!

Glenn has been replaced by Ginger Wildheart and he's doing two sets, one as Hey Hello and then as himself in Glenn's slot.

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Nov-02-2016, 1:50 PM

UK

Icon23 Can I contact him?

I came from Spain to live here for half a year just to see him in Manchester. I have a tribute band to Deep Purple (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qopG0Yo8bMI) and I was so excited to meet him. Is there any way I can contact him? Just to try if he would answer me or something... No ****ty refund will refund my excitement...
Old Nov-02-2016, 4:30 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by Alofonito View Post
Is there any way I can contact him?

Follow him on Twitter and then send him a DM - he'll no doubt get back to you
Old Nov-03-2016, 12:42 PM

Germany

Hope that Glenn will do a 2017 tour in Europe.
Old Nov-03-2016, 4:25 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by Oliver.Lucas View Post
Hope that Glenn will do a 2017 tour in Europe.

That's the plan
Old Nov-04-2016, 12:39 PM

UK

Originally Posted by David View Post
No, that is also a casualty

Nottingham? I was planning on going.
Old Nov-04-2016, 6:46 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
Nottingham? I was planning on going.

...unfortunatey, yes All UK & European dates are affected. Good news is... 2017 plans are well underway
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-06-2016, 8:19 AM

Sweden

Is the plan still for the US in March and Scandinavia/Europe in the summer?
Old Nov-07-2016, 7:18 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by danielb View Post
Is the plan still for the US in March and Scandinavia/Europe in the summer?

Originally Posted by David View Post
2017 plans are well underway

...as above ~ more soon
The Following 4 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
1991, 2016, 2017, album, Cancelled, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, glennhughesonline, glenn_hughes, Living Colour, music, rock, solo, solo album, streaming, tour, track, UK & Europe