g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun-02-2015, 12:06 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,692 Times in 2,651 Posts
Icon32 GLENN HUGHES announces DOUG ALDRICH as guitarist for European Tour

Following on from his recent announcement of a 2015 Solo Tour in Europe, GLENN HUGHES is excited to announce that DOUG ALDRICH (Revolution Saints & formerly Whitesnake, Dio) will join his Solo band as guitar player. Alongside Aldrich will be powerhouse Swedish drummer, PONTUS ENGBORG, with Hughes on bass & vocals, completing the Trio.

Commenting on the addition of DOUG ALDRICH to his Solo band, Hughes says:

Quote:
My friendship with Doug started when he was playing with my dear friend, Ronnie Dio. Ronnie would always introduce me to his bandmates who were always family.

Glenn Hughes
So, on a fateful night in May 2010, I was playing at a festival in Bologna, Italy. I asked Doug if he would like to join me to play a couple of Deep Purple songs. We went into my dressing room and went over the arrangements of the songs, and we were good to go. I introduced Doug to the stage, and we performed for the audience. It felt natural & full of energy. Doug is a world class guitar player and bona fide Rock Star.

I was impressed with Doug's demeanor, both on and off the stage, hard-working, kind and loving, all the qualities that one needs to fulfill a fruitful life.

Our friendship continued as Doug joined Whitesnake, and I was happy knowing that my brother David Coverdale, would nurture Doug's talent, and give him the love to share with ROCK fans globally.

Hughes continues:

Quote:
On the fifth anniversary of Ronnie's passing, I connected with Doug again, and we chose to talk and remember how much we loved and missed him. We both asked what we were doing musically, and then out of the blue I asked him if he would like to come and play with me and do some Shows.
The answer was... I'm in!

We are both very excited to bring the love to ROCK fans, and carry the message that ROCK is alive. For me, it's time to get back onstage, it's where I belong... see you soon!

Excited at joining Hughes' Solo band for the 2015 Tour, guitarist DOUG ALDRICH added:

Quote:
Glenn and I have been friends for years. I met him through the Dio camp as we were both very close to Ronnie.

Doug Aldrich

We had played live together several times, first in Bologna, Italy for the Ultimate Guitar Festival, and most recently at the Jim Marshall 50 Year Memorial Concert at Wembley Arena in London.

I've had a huge respect for what he has accomplished, but to play with him was astonishingly cool.

So cut to a few days ago.

I was remembering Ronnie James Dio on the anniversary of his passing and posted on my Facebook Page about that night 5 years earlier in Bologna. I remember Glenn dedicating "Long Live Rock 'n' Roll", to Ronnie. It was right out of the blue and little did we know RJD would pass the next day.

Glenn and I were both pallbearers at the funeral.

Glenn heard about the Facebook post and gave me a call, also asking if I was up for a little jamming... I said YES for sure I was!!

We both agreed, it was long overdue to do a run of dates together.

Glenn had dates and I signed on!

I'm very excited about it all. If you hear of Glenn in town... GO see him cause I'll be there too!!

Swedish drummer PONTUS ENGBORG has been in the Glenn Hughes band since 2010.

Engborg on touring again with GLENN HUGHES adds:

Quote:
This is exciting times. I am so pumped and happy to start this Glenn Hughes journey again.

The GH band is ready to hit the road. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Get ready people! We're coming for YOU!

The Following 9 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Jun-02-2015, 12:18 PM

France

So happy...

G, D & Pontus

Crystal Karma's Sig:LOVE U ALL from France

http://ghfrance.blogspot.com/
Old Jun-02-2015, 1:51 PM

USA

Aldrich

Haaaaa, Master stroke!
Didn't Tichy play drums with Glenn, before he joined Whitesnake?
Old Jun-02-2015, 1:56 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,692 Times in 2,651 Posts
Originally Posted by Ad View Post
Didn't Tichy play drums with Glenn, before he joined Whitesnake?

USA shows in 2001.
Old Jun-02-2015, 3:03 PM

Netherlands

Smile

Doug: the best player for this job. Superb!
Old Jun-03-2015, 1:54 AM

UK

It'll be interesting how Doug handles the Hughes/Thrall tunes and the funkier moments in the set list.
Old Jun-03-2015, 2:17 AM

Sweden

Nice But no keys??
Old Jun-03-2015, 3:22 AM

USA

Another situation where Glenn goes out and recruits a great name who already has a day job and is not willing to give it up
Old Jun-03-2015, 5:31 AM

Germany

Icon30

Doug Aldrich as the new member of the Glenn Hughes Solo band is nothing else but perfect!

And Pontus Engborg is a beast at drums, and he's got that groove Glenn's music needs.

See ya
Sigurd
Old Jun-03-2015, 2:02 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,308 Times in 745 Posts
Originally Posted by glazosifo View Post
It'll be interesting how Doug handles the Hughes/Thrall tunes and the funkier moments in the set list.

I'm thrilled to pieces by the news!!! This fits like ass on bucket, as we say here

Apart from Moody and Marsden of course, Doug has always been my fav Snake guitarist. Now I get the chance to see him live with Glenn in a cosy club atmosphere.

Thank you, Glenn!

Doug playing "Stratus". This funky enough for you?
You Tube

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Jun-23-2015, 7:05 AM

France

this is a really good news for my Rock the Night evening 14th of october.. I'm really proud to receive this two amazing musicians !
Old Aug-06-2015, 7:47 AM

USA

Aldrich recently announced he dropped out of his Vegas gig, does this mean he will put in with Glenn 100% now??????

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
2001, 2010, 2015, bass, Doug Aldrich, drums, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, guitar, jason bonham, jim marshall, journey, keys, memorial, solo, tour