g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul-06-2001, 10:19 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Icon33 Glenn in your backyard

If some Dave Meniketti (Y&T) fans can get him to come play a show in their back garden, then I'm sure a lot of us could persuade Glenn to make a trip for us, eh?!?!

As long as we all chip in the $$ to make it worth his while! So the question is - who has a BIG back yard and where is it? How about July 4th next year?

It would be cool, don't you think

Aside from Dave in the picture below, you should also recognize Myron Dove on bass - he played with Glenn and Ronnie Montrose in Anaheim earlier this year at NAMM.

Old Jul-07-2001, 1:09 PM

USA

Glenn in my back yard ..any day..how much?

David,
Great stuff,man! Where did find out about this one? Also, any more info..Is that Glenn playing guitar? Never seen that in a live situation..Set list? Equipment( any gear hounds out there? )
Again, Thanks from all of us Glenn-freaks in Dallas!
billy
Old Jul-07-2001, 11:23 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
The guitar player is Dave Meniketti formerly of Y&T (Yesterday And Today), they hit big in the '80s metal explosion, but were also well known in the SF Bay Area in the mid-to-late '70s. He's currently a solo artist, with his current album in the Blues vein, but he still throws in some Y&T favourites to the set list!

Dave uses various equipment but some of his current favourites include a Mesa Rectifier and Boss Super Chorus pedals.

This is some of the set list Dave played at the July 4th garden party:

Angel On My Shoulder
Loan Me A Dime
Take It Like A Man
Dirty Girl
MeanStreak
Parchman Farm
Baby Blues
Say GoodBye
Rescue Me
Forever
Old Jul-27-2001, 4:10 AM

"Glenn in the Backyard" ...Atten :Shirean

Shirean....GREAT CONCEPT...an from what I can see...great set up! Let me know what happens.
Hey Glenn...I sure hope your reading this!
Love, Joe Bolin
Old Jul-27-2001, 10:20 AM

USA

The Back Yard Tour

Hey- I know my back yard's big enough for Blackmore's Night maybe, but I don't think it's big enough for a Glenn Hughes show! So let me know soon, so I can schedule some vacation!

Mark

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
album, bass, David, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, guitar, Pix, Shirean, solo, tour