g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Tour Dates & Appearances Official appearances and 100% officially confirmed live dates happening around the world can be found here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul-04-2011, 1:40 PM

Netherlands

Originally Posted by danielb View Post
It seems tomorrow night's Munich gig has been moved from the 6,000 capacity Zenith to the 500 capacity Theaterfabrik:

www.theaterfabrik-muenchen.de

Have tickets to the German shows generally been selling poorly? The Offenbach venue was changed 2 times as well, I believe.

It's a bit strange BCC plays so many German dates,and only 1 fest in Holland.
I'm sure they would sell out venue's like Paradiso Amsterdam and 013 Tilburg in no time.
Old Jul-05-2011, 12:24 PM

France

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
Well, remember that it was the first concert after Glenn's stomach virus. Obviously he didn't prance around as much as during the other gigs. And he didn't show up after the concert, autographs were being given by Joe and Jason.

Can tell you more after my gig. Only two more days...

have fun ! can't wait Bonn...
Old Jul-05-2011, 2:44 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,217 Times in 692 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfysmith View Post
Yvonne, what size crowd does Joe get in Germany for his solo shows?

Wolfy, talked to my friend who saw Joe twice. First 2009 in Mannheim at a similar smaller venue like BCC played now in Offenbach. About the same fan crowd, maybe a little less. Last year in Winterbach, it was a mini festival with Joe as headliner. The crowd was a bit bigger then coz some fans from the UK came over.

Joe is not yet a household name here. But when you mention the name Glenn Hughes, you get the answer "oh, Deep Purple, right"...
Old Jul-05-2011, 11:40 PM

UK

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
Wolfy, talked to my friend who saw Joe twice. First 2009 in Mannheim at a similar smaller venue like BCC played now in Offenbach. About the same fan crowd, maybe a little less. Last year in Winterbach, it was a mini festival with Joe as headliner. The crowd was a bit bigger then coz some fans from the UK came over.

Joe is not yet a household name here. But when you mention the name Glenn Hughes, you get the answer "oh, Deep Purple, right"...

thanks for the info. i guess i was expecting the crowds and venues to be bigger for JB and BCC. Didnt realise he was relatively unknown in Germany.

Joe sold out the Royal Albert Hall in 24 hours for a solo show here!

Counting the days till Manchester

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Jul-06-2011, 4:02 AM

Germany

Originally Posted by werner View Post
It's a bit strange BCC plays so many German dates,and only 1 fest in Holland.
I'm sure they would sell out venue's like Paradiso Amsterdam and 013 Tilburg in no time.

Bought the latest German "ROCKS" yesterday, four page interview with Glenn A bit more personal, Glenn talking about friends, his life in California and being an old hippie.

GH: "With Ritchie Blackmore and Deep Purple we were extremely successful in Germany. I hope we will be able to repeat this. Germany has always been important to me, not only from the musical aspect: My wife was born there."

You will be 60 soon...

GH: "Yes, this year."

www.rocks-magazin.de/neu/meldungen/artikel/jetzt_im_handel_rocks_heft_nr._23_04_2011
Old Jul-06-2011, 4:14 AM

Germany

Originally Posted by wolfysmith View Post
Counting the days till Manchester

Counting the hours till tonight !

Preview of the gig in "HAMBURGER ABENDBLATT"

www.abendblatt.de/kultur-live/article1947857/Eine-Supergroup-die-eigentlich-keine-sein-will.html

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Share Thread

Tags
013, 1st, 2009, 2011, album, albums, Black Country Communion, Germany, glenn, search, solo, tour, win