g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Reports & Pictures Post your reviews, pictures, video & set lists here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun-21-2011, 8:30 AM

USA

Icon33 BCC live in NJ & DC!!

I'm just getting back into the groove here and will be posting a proper review when I get a moment.

I was at both of these shows and it was everything I could have hoped for and more. The band is simply spectacular!! This is NOT to be missed people. I can't imagine a band playing this type of music out there that can touch these guys. It was that friggin good!! What a show!!

Before this weekend I had seen Glenn live 4 times and of course he was awesome. This crushed those shows and I'm not kidding! I can say it right here and now, he is the single greatest performer I've ever seen and I can't even think of who comes somewhat close at the moment. He has it ALL going on right now! There are no words to describe what I witnessed on those stages. There is a not a better front man on the planet right now. The bass playing, stage presence, the voice. Every move, every note he played and sang were as they should be and not one of them less. He has never exuded such confidence and command. To see how blown away so many were was just awesome too! Hell I was blown away and I've seen him before. The energy he has is off the hook! I told him Sunday that he is the true forever young.

What is so remarkable is that the rest of the band is smoking hot! The chemistry between them is unbeleivable. It doesn't seem possible that they've only played I think 11 shows now? They were maybe the tightest band I've ever seen. Ther sound was crystal clear both nights too.

Anyway, thanks Glenn, Joe, Jason and Derek for what was perhaps the best 2 shows I've ever seen. Can't think of what was better and I've seen hundreds. Oh and it was surreal how every song was classic! Like you'd known them deep in your soul for years. Just amazing!!!
The Following 6 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Forever Young For This Useful Post:
Old Jun-21-2011, 9:30 AM

UK

Icon34

I saw them at John Henrys rehersal studios in London for the press gig and then again in London during Christmas last year. It's really great seeing the responses to the US gigs as it matches my experince exactly.They are simply stunning live and nothing compares from the past at all. I never saw Purple MK3 but somehow BCC make up for that, I really never thought I would see a band of this kind again and it such joy to see them now. It's makes me feel like 16 again and thats fantastic. They are all great as individuals but as a band somehow it transends even Glenn and Joe's solo performances.

Anything less than a BCC gig and I know Iam going to be left slighly dissapointed that's how far the bar has been raised. Somehow Glenn has raised his game and that has to be because of the calibre of people around him from Kevin Shirley to all the band. Long may they continue to produce the finest rock music I have ever heard or witnessed live
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Mark3 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun-23-2011, 10:31 AM

USA

I know what you mean about anything else being somewhat disappointing. I was just talking to a friend and he mentioned going to see some band and honestly they are a really good band, but I said I don't know about seeing anyone for a while. It'll never be the same!!!

Another thing is that almost always after a good show I get real into playing my guitar. It inspires me to play more than normal which is a lot anyway. I had to force myself to pick the thing up this week and get back at it. You watch most bands and you can see yourself playing their stuff. This band, not so much. It really had that effect on me. But as my GF said, these are 4 geniuses.

Think she was trying to tell me something there!!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Share Thread

Tags
bands, bass, glenn, guitar, press, solo