g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > SITE CONTACT > Feedback & Suggestions

Feedback & Suggestions Have feedback or ideas about the Website & Fan Forum? Post here to let us know!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep-16-2010, 3:57 AM

UK

Arrow Confusing

I need help....im trying to access a peice of material and i cant get it!!
Old Sep-16-2010, 4:20 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 3,905 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by charlchasepost View Post
I need help....im trying to access a peice of material and i cant get it!!

It shouldn't be confusing at all, as we clearly state when signing-up here, both on your screen and resulting email and PM notifications, that you can't access attachments (which I assume is what you're after), until you post 10 messages. However, if you post messages over and over just to reach the 10 requirement, they will be removed. We attempt to be a community of fans here, so it's not a free for all.
Old Sep-16-2010, 3:17 PM

Germany

Originally Posted by David View Post
It shouldn't be confusing at all, as we clearly state when signing-up here, both on your screen and resulting email and PM notifications, that you can't access attachments (which I assume is what you're after), until you post 10 messages. However, if you post messages over and over just to reach the 10 requirement, they will be removed. We attempt to be a community of fans here, so it's not a free for all.

Best answer I've ever read on a fan forum, David !
Old Sep-17-2010, 2:42 AM

France

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
Best answer I've ever read on a fan forum, David !

Old Aug-01-2013, 10:27 AM

USA

Confusing and misleading

As a fan who has seen Glenn and paid for tickets, bought his records, etc., I find it completely absurd that I have to post 10 comments in order to open a link. This is absolutely crazy. I have not idea why you are pulling this.

I can go to Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc...to see everything that Glenn posts, but you guys block me on this. I guess this is post #1. I won't get to Posts 2 through 10 until I cool down. I wish I just bought the Classic Rock May issue in the first place instead of relying on the forums for my music news.
Old Aug-01-2013, 10:29 AM

USA

Weird

I will go on to say that I know of no other board with this requirement. Plus I can't use Yahoo, AOL, etc...why is that?
Old Aug-01-2013, 3:16 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by seventhwarlord View Post
Confusing and misleading ~ Wierd

We live in age where everything is expected to be 'FREE', well not here. You either like it or not... it is the way it is

Confusing and Misleading it most definitely ain't, as mentioned above, it's quite clearly stated when you sign-up here, how things will be when you decide to join.

Meantime... welcome aboard
Old Aug-01-2013, 4:20 PM

USA

nice

"We live in age where everything is expected to be 'FREE', well not here. You either like it or not... it is the way it is"

What about Glenn's Facebook and Twitter? I can download pics, etc...just seems pretty weird that I get the goalie block here. The whole reason I came here for news in the first place was so I was supporting Glenn...and what's the deal with me not being able to use my yahoo account to sign up? No comprende
Old Aug-01-2013, 4:26 PM

zUKUSA

The whole reason I came here for news in the first place was so I was supporting Glenn...and what's the deal with me not being able to use my yahoo account to sign up? No comprende

There is news here you can read, which don't require you to post the 10 minimum posts etc. As for 'yahoo' and others; spam, botnets, trolls and the like are the culprits... over the years, many attempts at malicious behavior have been attempted from email addresses belonging to those effected domains! The rules here are what they are; you either accept them or you go on your way. Sorry, but to keep things safe here, that's the way it is!!
Old Mar-28-2014, 8:29 PM

Argentina

As a fan who has seen Glenn and paid for tickets, bought his records, etc., I find it completely absurd that I have to post 10 comments in order to open a link. This is absolutely crazy. I have not idea why you are pulling this.

I can go to Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc...to see everything that Glenn posts, but you guys block me on this. I guess this is post #1. I won't get to Posts 2 through 10 until I cool down. I wish I just bought the Classic Rock May issue in the first place instead of relying on the forums for my music news.

It's not only in here, and It's not only "those guys". Every fan forum works like David said. I used to run a GN'R forum, and a few years ago, the requirement for the downloads section was 50 messages!!
It's pretty easy: do you want something? Earn it.

ps: I can't find my flag on the icons section haha

Chery's Sig:"My lack of FAITH has no SHAME"

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > SITE CONTACT > Feedback & Suggestions

Share Thread

Tags
2013, autobiography, bass, classic rock, glenn, glenn_hughes