g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct-06-2009, 1:44 PM

Belgium

Lightbulb Glenn's songwriting?

I was wondering how Glenn writes songs. Some songs are credited solely to him while others have co-writers. Glenn said he has written all the songs for the upcoming album. Does he write everything himself first and then give the other band members a credit based on the input they bring after Glenn has written the songs or does he really sit down with the guitarists and write together?

The songs for the Hughes/Thrall II album were supposed to be written already. Satellite was one of these songs. Pat was not credited though while all previous Hughes/Thrall songs were co-written. This led me to believe Glenn writes everything himself before getting together with the other guys in the band and then gives them a credit if their contribution is significant enough.
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to CrazyW For This Useful Post:
Old Oct-07-2009, 6:22 AM

Kosovo

Originally Posted by CrazyW View Post
I was wondering how Glenn writes songs. Some songs are credited solely to him while others have co-writers. Glenn said he has written all the songs for the upcoming album. Does he write everything himself first and then give the other band members a credit based on the input they bring after Glenn has written the songs or does he really sit down with the guitarists and write together?

The songs for the Hughes/Thrall II album were supposed to be written already. Satellite was one of these songs. Pat was not credited though while all previous Hughes/Thrall songs were co-written. This led me to believe Glenn writes everything himself before getting together with the other guys in the band and then gives them a credit if their contribution is significant enough.

Very good post. Must admit that I've never thought of this the way you have nicely elaborated. I tend to take the credits as their are writen (exept for Burn where Glenn is uncredited ) but now after agreeing with what you say, (that Glenn writes most of the stuff and credits the others for their contribution) I do look at this differently.

Thanks

Labi's Sig:Live and let live
Old Oct-07-2009, 4:09 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by CrazyW View Post
Glenn's songwriting?

Good question...

I am @ a point now in my life where I want to show all of me as a person, and as a Songwriter. A good friend of mine, in the early '90's, said that in order to make a real GH album, it would be appropriate for me to write all the material. I now understand what he meant... songwriting is my life blood, more now than, let's say, 20yrs ago.

I wrote with other guys as a pact of camaraderie, and it was fun...

Now I am in a different spiritual place in my life...

Surely if I could write Coast to Coast alone, in 1971, surely I could write a Soul Mover or a Satellite etc...?

This is a new chapter for me...to walk thru the fear...here, right now...

To feel..
To be worthy...
To be capable...
And to love...

G
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Glenn Hughes For This Useful Post:
Old Oct-07-2009, 5:51 PM

USA

keep writing them glenn -dont never stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
1971, album, glenn, soul mover