g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs Schedule details & Transcripts from Fan CHAT sessions.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug-30-2009, 5:57 PM

USA

Icon20 CHAT transcript - August 30th, 2009

There's also an ASCII text file version attached to this message (see below), if you want to save it to disk or if you'd like to Print the transcript, be sure and use Thread Tools/Show Printable Version from the Toolbar above.

CHAT transcript - August 30th, 2009

David: Afternoon/evening all, this month's CHAT is now in progress...

captmidnite1962: Hmm..are we the only ones here thus far?

captmidnite1962: I got the Internet sorted out at the new house...so the Alive drive is on my shopping list

David: Hey Bill, yep just the 2 of us so far, although Shirean is lurking

captmidnite1962: I see... lots of things going on Glenn-wise... i have been out of the loop a bit... but that will change...

David: Yeah, you'll need the internet connection for the streams of The Robin audio/video...

David: He's about to take some vacation time for a month, with just a couple of gigs left for the year, then some studio time in November...

captmidnite1962: I saw Paul McCartney a few weeks back..the purple Tommy Bolin shirt worked its usual magic... 3 different people stopped me and went; "Oh man...Tommy Bolin!!"

captmidnite1962: I have cable here..and it is far faster than the other apartment was..

David: Cool, especially at a Macca gig

David: There should be another GH interview coming up that Keith Thompson did in the UK, t'other day. Hope to have it on the site shortly.

captmidnite1962: Sure..it was a fabulous night...and Tommy worked his magic....i got into a lengthy chat with one of the security people at the King Crimson show about Tommy....people do remember him!

captmidnite1962: Oh, and Sir Paul was none too shabby either!

captmidnite1962: A lot of Glenn's stuff is becoming available on I-tunes...I am getting set up for an I-pod so I have downloaded a few things I didn't have here with me

David: Be sure and watch that Oz TV show. I was thinking of Grace going on about singing the phone book, not quite that, but next best thing!

David: Yeah, his recent albums and a couple of others are on there...just enough not to feel guilty about splurging

Shirean: Hi Bill

captmidnite1962: I am here in NY and most of my collection is in VA...so yes, I have doubled up on things...but I don't mind. I also brought my bass guitar back to NY with me....have been playing again....

captmidnite1962: Hi Shirean! How are the bugs down there?

Shirean: No bugs since we moved to our new house a while ago

Shirean: How have you been?

captmidnite1962: I moved as well. I am sharing a house with 4 guys from work, no more bunk beds!! I am fine. Still keeping one eye out on other opportunities...

Shirean: Sounds better than your last place. How are you liking your job?

captmidnite1962: The job is alright..but working nights and living in NY is not..so, nothing desparate..but I am looking...

captmidnite1962: But..concerts coming up..Robin Trower next month and UFO in October....

wolfysmith: good evening

captmidnite1962: Hello Wolfy!

wolfysmith: Hi Bill, i completely forgot about the chat (as usual) and was just logging in to check for any interesting new posts!

wolfysmith: where is everyone?

David: Hi Paul

wolfysmith: Hi David, good result for Villa today

captmidnite1962: I am off on Sunday afternoon so I don't have an excuse anymore!

David: Yeah, off to slow start like here but result in the end

captmidnite1962: I did pick the remastered "Stormbringer" recently..great work especially the remixes!

wolfysmith: Wolves needed 3 points yesterday. they will only stay up if they can take points off the other strugglers

captmidnite1962: And I hope David Coverdale hasn't done any permanent damage to his throat....man, it must have been hell for him to have to stop the show like that..

wolfysmith: Bill, i wish GH had remixed the whole thing rather than just a few bonuses. They jump out the speakers at you.

David: Just hope he's given the opportunity to do CTTB at some point...

chutsler: David, hello....hey, do you have a release date for the Robin dvd?

captmidnite1962: That would have been cool..i guess time and the budget scuppered that idea... Hey, what was the beef that David Coverdale had regarding the other versions of "Soldier Of Fortune" and the backwards intro to the title track?

captmidnite1962: I am waiting on CTTB... hopefully they will find all the tapes!

David: Hey Chuck

David: No, re: release date - soon-ish though

chutsler: Hey David...and Bill, and Paul and Shirean

wolfysmith: Hi Chuck

captmidnite1962: Hey Chuck...how is life in Baltimore?

wolfysmith: David, do you know what the "historical" gig is? how far back is historical?

chutsler: It's okay....humid as hell but I hear cooler air is coming!

David: pre-Purple Paul - that's all I can say for now

captmidnite1962: Oh sure..keep us in suspense...

chutsler: David, that sounds EXCITING!!!

David: Yeah, the Alive Drive offers a way to get things out there that don't warrant a separate release on their own...bits'N'pieces etc, so an Alive Archive if you will

captmidnite1962: Very cool....I need to get one...

David: I know it sucks for some that it's primarily streamed only, but unfortunately there are those who are quite happy to copy and put it out there, so going forward, don't be surprised if the download piece is disabled on most new items.

wolfysmith: Bill, i see you are going to see Robin Trower. So jealous! the festival he was due to play near to me with Jack Bruce was cancelled when the promoter couldnt pay the bands.

captmidnite1962: The Trapeze set from The Boat Club is available on I-tunes... I downloaded that and enjoy it. It is a radio concert with the technical glitches intact but the guys were certainly tight onstage... I give Mel a lot of credit for standing up and taking on all the vocals

captmidnite1962: Yes... it will be cool... I also see that Robin and Jack did some shows in Europe which have been recorded for a CD and DVD

David: For those reading the transcript and who are in Australia The Spicks & Specks show will be repeated over the coming weeks, so be sure and check your TV guide

David: ...oh and for you folks in Sweden, be sure and watch TV4 on Tuesday night, Sept. 1st at 20:00. Glenn and Rhapsody in Rock will be featured

captmidnite1962: Should be very cool... you lucky devils!

captmidnite1962: Spicks And Specks was the last Australian hit for the Bee Gees before they moved back to the UK in 1967

David: I didn't know that Bill...

David: Glenn is now taking some well earned rest. Only a couple of gigs left the rest of the year. He hits the studio in November. Restarts on the road first thing in the New Year. Then in the Spring time the new album and book will both be ready

captmidnite1962: Can't wait on the book... I want to get Bill Bruford's autobiography as well... and the Tommy Bolin Bio... and the list goes on and on!

wolfysmith: i cant believe how much travelling and shows he's done in the last 3 years. he certainly deserves some rest!

captmidnite1962: he probably finds it hard to just do nothing...

chutsler: I guess he feels he has something to prove to the 'non-believers (those who have not heard)... we already know and believe...

chutsler: ...or he's just doing it for his fans!!!

David: making up for "lost" time no doubt, but have to agree his schedule over the past 18 months, has been a bit too aggressive. Having said that, I suspect next year will look just about the same

wolfysmith: the great thing is, he is enjoying every minute and he isnt on the "greatest hits" treadmill of so many others just to make a buck.

David: ...very true Paul

chutsler: ...but doesn't all this 'away' business put a strain on the homelife?

wolfysmith: Gabi came to the UK shows Chuck.

David: ...the nature of the beast Chuck. Hasn't been any different since day one, it's definitely a "lifestyle" for all those involved. But he's got more or less 4 months at home now, so again, will make up for lost time

wolfysmith: I know i'd rather be touring the world as a rock star then working in an office!

David:

chutsler: Well... my 'fur' is looking up at me while I sit at the computer with that look that says...'I'm ready for our daily walk now...' so with that... I'll be bidding adieu to you fine people... see you on the forum! cheers, everyone!!!

David: Thanks for stopping by Chuck. Keep an eye on the site for further updates...

wolfysmith: yeah, i was thinking the same. its bedtime here. got a busy day tomorrow as its a bank holiday and things planned. hope to catch up again next month

captmidnite1962: And you know... the next CD will be different from its predecessor... they always have been... if not in production style than in the musical content...

David: See you next time Paul, enjoy your day off.

wolfysmith: good night both

David: Yes Bill most definitely, each one flows naturally from one to the next, I can only imagine what follows on from F U N K, that's what makes the anticipation so exciting

David: Well it's time to wrap up for this month. The next Monthly CHAT will be on Sunday, September 27th at the usual time. Hope to have a few more in attendence here then

David: Talk to 'ya later
Attached Files
File Type: txt chat083009.txt (9.1 KB, 1 views)

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Share Thread

Tags
1st, 2009, albums, August, autobiography, bands, bass, book, glenn, guitar, tommy bolin, track