g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs Schedule details & Transcripts from Fan CHAT sessions.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul-26-2009, 11:10 PM

USA

Icon20 CHAT transcript - July 26th, 2009

There's also an ASCII text file version attached to this message (see below), if you want to save it to disk or if you'd like to Print the transcript, be sure and use Thread Tools/Show Printable Version from the Toolbar above.

CHAT transcript - July 26th, 2009

David: Hello everyone, today's Monthly CHAT is now in session

Chip: Hi David

David: How you doin' Chip?

tony g: hi david i think i figured it out

Chip: Pretty good. Trying to stay cool.

Chip: Hi Tony

tony g: thanks for the alive drive -love it

tony g: hi chip

David: Hi Tony

tony g: u still in arizona chip?

purplemusic: hello

David: Pleased to hear it arrived with you ok Tony.

Chip: Yeah Tony, still in AZ.

tony g: hi purple

David: Hi Bart

purplemusic: i'm so glad that i finally remembered one of these

purplemusic: hey David

Chip: Hey Bart

purplemusic: hey tony

purplemusic: hi chip

tony g: love it -liked the usps tracking email too-watched it come to me

purplemusic: so, i had a house fire last monday (thanks to my lovely wife and some candels) my alive drive got wet from the fire hoses and a lot of smoke but it still works, so i guess you could say that it's still alive and well )

tony g: concert is great -cant wait for some more

purplemusic: looking forward to the new show when we can finally download it

Chip: Damn candles.

trapezoid: Hi Folks

purplemusic: 1 too many

David: Yeah, sounds like it'll be early next month, according to Glenn's tweet earlier today! Bummer it got delayed so long, but at least it's coming soon.

tony g: sorry to hear about that bart-can u still live in the house?

purplemusic: so every one is well, i hope

Chip: Hi Kevin

tony g: hi trapezoid

trapezoid: Howdy Chip, staying cool I hope.

tony g:

Chip: Yeah, staying in the a/c.

tony g: figuring this thing out

purplemusic: yes, fortunantly the house is ok. unfortunantly my room is the one that caught on fire. i still don't know the damage to all of my stuff. some resoration people came, through the insurence company and packed up my stuff so they could clean, fix or repl

trapezoid: Hi tony, passed through your town Friday eve.

tony g: ur the one from pekin right?

tony g: peoria?

purplemusic: i enjoyed the clips of Glenn w/ Jon Lord from the recent show

trapezoid: In the 100's there chip

purplemusic: another good choice for the alive drive

trapezoid: Very close Tony, Pekin

Chip: 108 today... 112 tomorrow

tony g: cool

purplemusic: so what's up in the Glenn Hughes world David. anything new that we don't know? have you heard any samples of G.'s new stuff?

tony g: u beat me to it bart

trapezoid: One advantage Chip is not 2 much yard work.

Chip:

David: Things don't heat up until around November, but you can expect it to continue in the same vein as F U N K, maybe less balladary this time around...but it's way too early for predictions

purplemusic: i saw in the latest posted interview that he said the new release would be coming out around April (I think is what he said)

purplemusic: a little less balladary is good w/ me. put in a couple more heavier, funkier ones instead.

trapezoid: Aren't the Alive Drives cool or what. Diggin' mine.

purplemusic: hey Bill

David: Hi Bill

trapezoid: Howdy Capt.

captmidnite1962: OK... there you are...

Chip: Hi Capt.

captmidnite1962: OK... I scroll up not down... got it

trapezoid: Hello also to David and Purplemusic

purplemusic: the scrolling up thing caught me off gaurd too

captmidnite1962: I was at a local watering hole... the satelelite juke box had Soul Mover on it... way cool!

captmidnite1962: I have also seen Hughes Thrall as well

purplemusic: another step in the right direction there, huh Bill?

purplemusic: i wonder if anyone ever played it ?

captmidnite1962: Oh yeah... they have Medusa and You Are The Music... but only 5 tracks

David: ...at least they have a Jukebox

captmidnite1962: I am guessing that all the songs on YATM are not available due to some sort of licensing issue

captmidnite1962: The selection on the new CD jukeboxes is amazing

purplemusic: i like the new little "thanks" thumbs up type feature that we have now. instaed of having to write a new post and say thanks for writting your post, now i can just give the quick thumbs up and move on.

tony g: those satelite jukeboxes hole alot of songs

David: pleased you find it handy!

purplemusic: having the chat here up front seems good too, although it took me a moment to realize that it was already right in front of me

captmidnite1962: I saw Sir Paul on Tues... upcoming shows include Robin Trower and UFO

tony g: cool bill

trapezoid: That must of been cool

purplemusic: i saw your pics. posted from the big Mac show

captmidnite1962: Oh it was... I did get a few pics on my Facebook page... Citi Field is pretty cool... far more companionable than the old Shea stadium was

captmidnite1962: Macca has a great band with him... just magic

trapezoid: Vocals sound close to Beatles

purplemusic: i think that they are the same band that i saw w/ him in '02 and 05 (both at the Garden)

captmidnite1962: Oh yeah... tight as hell...

captmidnite1962: It is... the same players

captmidnite1962: I have been loading up the music I have here in to the I-tunes on my laptop... when I get the I-pod I will transfer it all... I have 10 GB right now...

David: yeah, it's a pain the first time around, but worth the effort in the end...

tony g: had to reinstall itunes to see the concert

David: all you really needed was QuickTime to view the concert Tony. But there's no harm having both installed, other than the extra disk space it takes.

captmidnite1962: Oh sure... I can then plug the I-pod into my car stereo... no fumbling about with CD's

trapezoid: Hope Glenn can play Chicago soon, seen on home page they are trying to bring him there

captmidnite1962: Any inkling as to the possibility of US shows in the near future?

tony g: trying to keep alot of stuff off this new computer-got windows 7 coming in october-will have to reinstall everything again

tony g: where u see that trapeziod?

purplemusic: i keep hearing a rumour about a Charleston show

captmidnite1962: Yeah... then you woke up,right?

purplemusic: did I say "hearing" ? i meant "starting"

David: No USA shows currently planned until next year...

David: They'll be more tour dates coming soon, but for later this year; Europe, Far East...

tony g: any of u guys have a computer just shut off and not come back on ?

trapezoid: Oops, sorry Tony it's on the Tour page close to the bottom right

Chip: No Tony, if I did it would still be off as I wouldn't know how to fix it

David: ahhh, the wonder of Windows strikes again I switched to a Mac sometime ago and have been happy as a clam ever since

tony g: the computer itself david not windows-i didnt know what to do either chip

tony g: trapeziod i think thats more of an advertisement more than anything else

trapezoid: I've gotten runtime errors recently

David: i guarantee it was windoze that caused it

tony g: good one david

trapezoid: 10-4 David, it happens on alot of sites.

David: the votes are genuine, just that 'eventful' slap their logo all over the available vote buttons!

tony g: i dont know but maybe 11 years is long enough to have one

David: These are the current Top 5 most requested cities by fans...

1. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

2. London, United Kingdom

3. Buenos Aires, Argentina

4. Sao Paulo, Brazil

5. Chicago, USA

purplemusic: for glenn to play ?

David: yes

purplemusic: how are the request tracked ?

tony g: how many votes cast for chicago david?-gotta always believe!

David: by 'eventful' and their button they provide and as featured on the Tour page and his Facebook/MySpace pages...

David: I don't have that level of detail to hand, Tony...

tony g: ok

purplemusic: well, i never have been to Chicago

purplemusic: oh, i c

trapezoid: Chicago's got alot of cool venues. Tonys' town has a nice sized arena

tony g: its just cool to know that im not the only one

purplemusic: at least we'll have a host

tony g: lota cool smaller ones too

tony g: problem is they try to fill them all with terrible music

tony g: with out a doubt bart

tony g: i know ive said it before but i really feel bad for these kids growing up today with the music that is pushed at them

trapezoid: I agree

captmidnite1962: Was on the phone... Chickenfoot is playing some smaller venues... I think that is cool...

chrisloeb: Good Evening all...

trapezoid: Next time i pull up to a car blastin' that stuff i'm gonna turn up Funk!

captmidnite1962: Hello Chris..great to see you!

tony g: hi chris

Chip: Hi Christian

trapezoid: Hi Chris

chrisloeb: Good to see you all!

chrisloeb: What's the topic?

tony g: glenn hughes

purplemusic: i might have missed a follow -up post, but has anyone heard an update on Chad Smith's injury? I really am having a hard time getting that Chicken Foot cd out of my player. i like it a lot.

captmidnite1962: Just getting used to this new format

purplemusic: hey Bill do you know who's drumming for chickenfoot right now? is it chad?

captmidnite1962: I need to check.. .did they bring in a sub?

purplemusic: i don't know.

captmidnite1962: I thought they just cancelled a few shows so he could recover

Chip: Christian... I saw a few days ago you were listening to Pavlov's Dog. Did your neighborhood dogs start howling at the vocals?

chrisloeb: I never read of a sub - they would have posted this on facebook...

tony g: damm did he really hurt himself that bad?

purplemusic: maybe he's better now then.

captmidnite1962: David Surkamp... he sounds like a cross between Marty Balin and a vacuum cleaner... Freaky voice... i saw a clip from 2007 and he still sounds the same

Chip: He makes Geddy Lee sound like James Earl Jones.

chrisloeb: Pavlov's Dog are actually playing a show here in November, and a good friend wanted to know what they sound like... He's not gonna go!

captmidnite1962: I remember hearing Joe Anthony play "Song Dance" on his program... my jaw hit the floor...

chrisloeb: The whole first album is great! As I said, I played it the other day for the first time in ages... I love it!

purplemusic: well guys, i better run. my wife is about to light a few more candles and i have to go save the rest of my stuff (Bill and Chris, ya'll will have to scroll backwards to read the rest of that story). i hope that everyone has a FUNKy day/week/month.

purplemusic: God bless Glenn Hughes, his family and everyone of you... peace,

tony g: bye bart

Chip: Later Bart.

chrisloeb: And you too, Bart. See you!

captmidnite1962: That is the one criticism of Geddy that bugs me... Geddy really changed his style around the time of Signals... so when people make cracks about his singing.... one I remember was that he sounded like a cross between Robert Plant and Donald Duck.... they haven't listened to anything off the newer material

tony g: see u in chicago

David: Thanks for stopping by Bart

purplemusic:

trapezoid: Take it easy Purple

tony g: i liked him better when he was screaming

captmidnite1962: I got the news Bart...

chrisloeb: I really don't mind the change in Geddy Lee's style. I think he might have just started to take care of his voice, becausde he was getting older, and sing in different (=lower) pitches. The voice is still distinctive and quite unique.

David: That's a trip - Glenn twitter'd a few mins. ago - it's 11:00PM in Sweden and still day light!

Chip: No wonder he's not sleeping.

chrisloeb: Yeah, I saw that when I logged on the site...

captmidnite1962: Oh sure... I bet he was sitting at his breakfast table one morning... and thought: Hey...I am going to be doing this for awhile... better adjust my style a bit!

chrisloeb: ...and the Wolverhampton shows should be ready August 21, latest!

tony g: thats gotta be freaky

chrisloeb: I wonder what (which book) Glenn is reading!

captmidnite1962: I read once that he used the "screaming" style because when they played in clubs in the early days...he did it to be heard

Chip: Gotta go...the wife needs the pc. See everyone next month. Take care.

captmidnite1962: Look at Robert Plant...the real high end of his voice was gone by 1973

captmidnite1962: Bye Chip!

chrisloeb: See you, Chip! Bye for now

David: Talk to you later Chip, thanks for stopping by

trapezoid: Keep cool Chip, see ya

tony g: bye chip

chrisloeb: You mean 1971, Bill...

captmidnite1962: HMM...you listen to Houses Of The Holy...and he still had it..but within a year he was changing the delivery on a lot of songs

chrisloeb: If you listen to Stairway to Heaven from the live disc of the BB Sessions CD, Plant sings the last verse, the really high one in the upper register. Listen to any later recordings, he doesn't do it. Always changes the melody to a lower, more comfortable one

captmidnite1962: In that regard... I have to give Sir Paul a lot of credit... his voice was in great shape for that whole 2 1/2 hour show... and he did some of the hardest singing towards the end...

tony g: glenn hughes got them all beat

captmidnite1962: True...who knows what manipulation was used on his voice ....I mean "Song Remains The same" always sounded a bit suspect to me...

chrisloeb: I was gonna ask about that show. Sir Paul is still on my list. Haven't seen him live in concert yet!? Can you believe it...

chrisloeb: Exactly my thoughts, Bill

trapezoid: 2 1/2 hours of singing, wow

captmidnite1962: That came up by accident... I ran into my friend Eric and he causally mentioned that he had tickets... I had class so I had the night off...lucky me!

chrisloeb: I already have quite a few concerts on my list for the rest of the year... waiting for those Tour Dates...

David: I saw him in '79 it was good then, so sounds like he still has it

captmidnite1962: And no intermission either...

chrisloeb: Was that still with Wings (Back to the Egg?), David or solo?

captmidnite1962: It must have been with Wings...the last tour for them really....before Sir Paul's encounter with Japanese customs...

tony g: uh oh

David: Yes, it was a Wings gig

chrisloeb:

David: don't remember the album it was in support of, think it was the one before the Egg!

chrisloeb: David, have you heard back yet from the Alive Drive people about the various problems?

David: Most have been addressed, not your's specifically I believe. The good news is that they're able to push system updates to the AD along with new content, so hopefully it'll get resolved at that point.

trapezoid: Signing off folks, hope to see you at a Glenn gig soon.

David: Thanks for stopping by

chrisloeb: Mine's still not working - tried it on various PCs, same result everywhere. Haven't tried it on my brother's Apple yet though.

chrisloeb: See you Trapezoid!

David: Well, if it's not working at all for you and it doesn't on the Apple when you try...then email me a replacement request and I'll see what can be done.

captmidnite1962: OK everyone..time for dinner...great to be able to attend the chats again!

David: OK Bill, thanks for stopping by

tony g: bye bill Trapezoid

chrisloeb: Talk to you later, Bill! Bye for now

chrisloeb: I'll keep on trying, but may come back for the offer when if doesn't! Thanks, David!

chrisloeb: Gotta go now too... got a few things to prepare for tomorrow. Good to talk to you again, short but sweet. See you around

David: See you next time, thanks for stopping by

chrisloeb: Bye!

tony g: hope that works for u chris bye

tony g: gotta go too woman on my back again-see all you beautiful glenn hughes peoples later bye

David: Well folks, it's that time again, time flys! The next Monthly CHAT will be on Sunday, August 30th at the ususal time.

David: Thanks for stoppng by Tony

David: Talk to you next month, bye for now!
Attached Files
File Type: txt chat072609.txt (16.2 KB, 3 views)
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Webmaster For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-08-2009, 6:33 AM

UK

Sorry I missed the chat - was just chuckling at the Eventful top 5 requested places thinking I may be responsible for a couple of the Rio requests...... so will he be there????? I'm getting desperate!!! need to figure out moving date for new house I brought and hope it doesn't clash!!!!

marieodonnelly's Sig:
Love and hugs xxx
Old Aug-08-2009, 4:41 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Originally Posted by mariewilks View Post
Sorry I missed the chat - was just chuckling at the Eventful top 5 requested places thinking I may be responsible for a couple of the Rio requests...... so will he be there????? I'm getting desperate!!! need to figure out moving date for new house I brought and hope it doesn't clash!!!!

Don't think you need worry Marie, those Brazil dates might now be in the New Year, but will know for sure soon.
Old Aug-08-2009, 6:05 PM

UK

Bless - thanks David - roll on the new year is all I can say! Will see what other dates come out of course!!! PS I only demanded Glenn in Rio once so I'm not responsible for all those demands - he really is wanted over there and not just by me! xxx

marieodonnelly's Sig:
Love and hugs xxx

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Share Thread

Tags
2009, album, brazil, glenn, Glenn Hughes, hughes thrall, July, sao paulo, solo, soul mover, tour