g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs Schedule details & Transcripts from Fan CHAT sessions.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov-23-2008, 4:18 PM

USA

Icon20 CHAT transcript - November 23rd, 2008

There's also an ASCII text file version attached to this message (see below), if you want to save it to disk or if you'd like to Print the transcript, be sure and use Thread Tools/Show Printable Version from the Toolbar above.

CHAT transcript - November 23rd, 2008

David: Afternoon one and all

trapezoid: Hi David

David: Hi there

David: Another slow start I see, but that's nothing unusual these days!

trapezoid: Quite a show the other night

David: Oh yeah, was just taking another listen.

David: It was great to have it more or less dedicated to the live performance with minimal chit-chat...Rockline were very generous

trapezoid: Funk numbers really powerful

David: Yeah, I love the one two punch of the first two - it's even better at a real show - the first 4 are delivered with no breaks, non-stop - blows you away everytime!

trapezoid: show started here about 10:38

David: It was a late one for us, although Nathalie from France got up at 5:00am, just to tune-in....there's some dedication!

trapezoid: cut in during calls and interveiws

David: yeah, you can never know with the webstreams, if the local station is going to throw-in there own commercials overiding the programme itself!! So you're 'kinda at their mercy. But luckily, at our end, it was all clear throughout this time.

David: There are no local stations around here that carry the actual radio programme, so we had to rely on the web!

trapezoid: Yeah, east coast and all late nite. I got about 4 1/2 hours sleep

trapezoid: Worth it though

David: Hopefully it'll help the cause in getting a thorough list of US dates put together for next year.

trapezoid: if the reaction is any thing like the hosts' it must have peaked alot of interest

David: Yeah, had to laugh...it was great to hear him blown away like that....so it's not just us being the crazy one's

trapezoid: No, picked up on that right away. Nothing like a gut reaction

David: Only negative thing was the mix I think, the bass was a bit low down, although it made Coast To Coast shine when it came time for Glenn to strap on the Les Paul.

trapezoid: been practicing bass this weekend

trapezoid: since seeing glenn perform in nashville, i've added to my rig. would you like to see pic.

trapezoid: Yes, it was so cool to hear mels' black beauty

trapezoid:

David: cool. what year is that bass - a Jazz right??

trapezoid: 2008 Fender american jazz.

trapezoid: added the 4x10 cab recently. puttin' out 300 watts

David: lookin' good

David: is that your garage or the bunker downstairs

trapezoid: Thank you, traded in mex jazz and p bass for it

trapezoid: Back room of the house, hopefully not to close to the neighbors living room

David:

David: If I remember rightly, Glenn acquired a practically unused '65 Jazz about 5 years ago...you can hear/see it on the Songs In The Key Of Rock record...

trapezoid: Cool, I'll bet he's happy with it, jazz basses cover about all styles of music I've found.

David: yeah, he had a big grin on his face

trapezoid: trying to get used to a pick like Glenn plays. always played with my fingers

trapezoid: Any news on 2009 tour, David?

David: They'll be a bunch of dates coming soon...

David: As for the USA...it's being actively worked on...hopefully around Spring time, but nothing firm just quite yet.

trapezoid: Great, will be able to plan time off accordingly

David: Hopefully will know for sure in January sometime...

trapezoid: Noticed on your Twitter site some words refering to hippy in the background. Your doing? If so, COOL

David: oh yeah, bloody hippy!! Just a bit of fun 'ya know

trapezoid: A bit of the Englishman in ya comin' through. lol

David: yeah, when I was about 14/15 I discovered Trapeze and that got me started on this ride and a few of my friends who were into "disco", "punk" and the like, were always calling me the bloody hippy, so it's a label that stuck. Hey, there's plenty worse I could of been called

trapezoid: I heard that for sure! Was a long-hair myself in younger days

David:

David: Well, don't know where all the others are today. Maybe Xmas shopping? Although no doubt a few will show up 5 minutes before the end!

trapezoid: Some how Leisure suits and Zepplin don't mix

David:

trapezoid: I was gonna rake leaves, but I'll hang out for a while

David: Just listening to CTC from Rockline...I'd forgotten what an accomplished guitarist Glenn is...

trapezoid: Lookin' forward to hearing more 6 string work from Glenn. With that much soul, it'll be awesome

trapezoid: Wonder when Glenn plans 4 next album, and if he will continue in current musical stream?

David: 2010 most likely. He's going to continue to tour the F U N K all next year...

trapezoid: Screen locked on me, are ya there David?

David: yeah, still here.

trapezoid: scrolled up the screen and couldn't get back, sceery

David: it's all good now

trapezoid: Anything new in the world of computers?

David: Not yet....January is usually the month for new tech toys...

David: Have you tried out glennhughes.mobi ?

trapezoid: No I haven't, need to check into it though. I'm hangin' on to analog till they pull it from me

David: ahh, ok. It's useful when you're on the move and want to check-in to see what Glenn is up to!

trapezoid: After Thanksgiving there should be some great deals on electronics. Might check out phone with web access

David: Good point, you'll definitely find a bargain then.

David: Well...this month's CHAT was a bit of a blow-out, eh! Hopefully someothers will make an appearance for next month's, as it'll be the last one of the year!

trapezoid: It was good to touch bases with ya David. Wishing a great new year to you, glenn and all the GHCP's

David: December 14th, will be the next CHAT.

David: Same here, hopefully we'll catch up before then, but definitely on the site at least

trapezoid: Cool will try to be there. Bye!

David: Bye 4 now...
Attached Files
File Type: txt chat112308.txt (5.8 KB, 2 views)
Old Nov-23-2008, 4:36 PM

USA

Oh man..I missed the bus again!

Working nights sucks...I didn't even get up tonight till 1800..Great shot of Trapezoid's bass rig! It makes me miss my stuff that much more! Until I figure out where my permanent digs will be it stays in storage.

And cool things to look forward to in the coming year....can't wait! Where we start? Glenn's autobiography, the million mile tune up on "Stormbringer", shows in the US, Now, if I could only win the bloody lottery...

Someday when I grow up, I will get a job with humane hours and not have to miss all the fun....

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Nov-25-2008, 4:41 AM

USA

What an interesting chat indeed!
Old Nov-25-2008, 1:27 PM

UK

missed another one!

I was visiting my new niece who was born on friday night, so a reasonable excuse i think

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Nov-26-2008, 11:04 AM

France

Sorry, we missed this one too...Jerome and I were at the Status Quo gig in Nice. Been jumping and headbanging for nearly two hours...My legs and neck hurt now, I'm too old for that

Harry le chat's Sig:
Old Nov-27-2008, 8:52 PM

USA

Hey Bill, do you play bass or guitar? Thanks on the photo
Old Dec-02-2008, 3:25 AM

USA

Sad/UnHappy Oh man..where's my stuff??

I do play the bass a bit...it kills me that I am in NYC and all my stuff is in Virginia still. I need to get into my own place so I can feel like I am LIVING somewhere..crashpad living sucks!

I have a Fender American Jazz Bass, 3-color sunburst and rosewood neck. The pickguard was white but I eventually put a new pickguard on it....I call the color "Mother Of Toilet Seat"; it looks like white pearl or marble....

Someday soon....

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Dec-02-2008, 9:23 PM

USA

Originally Posted by captmidnite1962 View Post
The pickguard was white but I eventually put a new pickguard on it....I call the color "Mother Of Toilet Seat"; it looks like white pearl or marble....

Bet that looks cool though. Hope you're reunited with it and your stuff soon

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Share Thread

Tags
2008, 2009, 2010, album, autobiography, bass, Coast to Coast, cover, David, GHCP, glenn, guitar, rig, styles, tour, Trapeze, Twitter, win