g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec-19-2007, 7:40 AM

USA

Icon33 7 Ages of Rock on VH1 Classic

Has anyone been watching this programming at all ?? I struggled through the first two segments and the highlight has been a commercial showing three times each night. They have an ad running for the Rock Camp in February in LA featuring GLENN HUGHES of Deep Purple. Glenn is prominently advertised along with Nick Mason, Brian Wilson, Allen White and others. At least there is some redeeming quality about a pretty pathetic show.

Last night was "Art Rock", or should I say 48 minutes of Pink Floyd and a smattering of Lou Reed and the Velvets, Bowie and Roxy Music and a peak at Genesis. When mentioning Genesis, they also failed to mention Steve Hackett as a member, which was a little weird. They show Bowie and never even mention the names of Ronson, Bolder and Woodmansey. I am not getting it at all. I guess the metal and Punk nights should be more interesting

Just keep showing the ads and I will watch
Old Dec-19-2007, 8:02 AM

USA

art rock

yeah, I saw and noticed the very same ommisions in regard to genesis and bowie.

i'm not sure what the deal is. It's like whoever put it together didn't think anyone would notice. Why let facts get in the way of a good story?
Old Dec-19-2007, 8:36 AM

UK

This series was shown in the UK earlier in the year and i think by common consent was pretty disappointing. With each programme focusing on just one or two acts that were seen by the producer to be representative of the genre being looked at, rather than an in depth look at the type of music.

The show on rock music did give some time to Deep Purple with interview clips with Ian Gillan talking about Smoke on the Water, just for a change! But spent much more time on Black Sabbath and Judas Priest

No programmes covered Prog Rock at all, as this seems to have been wiped from the history of popular music all together.

So just enjoy some of the music but dont expect to learn anything new and try to avoid the last show which is 90 minutes dedicated to 90`s Brit pop giants Oasis, Blur and Suede.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
Deep Purple, glenn, Glenn Hughes, history, smoke on the water