g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Reports & Pictures Post your reviews, pictures, video & set lists here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec-16-2003, 3:30 AM

Argentina

Glenn in Rosario / Argentina

Hi guys
I'm back with more comments. Now it's concerned about last gig held at Teatro Broadway Rosario last night Dec.15th.
I met Glenn again last night at the "Hotel Presidente", we took some pictures with my family, he signed my Fender Stratocaster and some cds and after we remembered about the lunch (big barbecue "asado") he shared with some friends and I on Sunday afternoon ...
Later on when I calm down a bit I will write some lines about Glenn's kindness, always willing to speak with with his fans, no matter how tired he was. Once again thanks Glenn !
Let's talk about the last show ....
Another incredible show ... 300 km distance, one day after, a different venue ... but the same voice or even better !!! Should we say The Voice Of Rock or The Bass Of Rock ?? He did an excellent performance (as usual) and exactly same set: Stormb. Mistr. NSTLove YKOMoving Burn Also Rata Blanca was excellent.
Glenn sang some parts a bit different than the previous show, last night when he was travelling back to Buenos Aires he told me by phone that he always makes these changes from one show to the next .. and he did improvise a lot with his wonderfull voice, the version of No Stranger To Love was extended a bit at the end and Glenn screamed/sang those incredible high notes during the last 2 min., imposible to explain in words ...
Glenn is the first DP member the visits Rosario and probably the last or the only one .. so that's history !
Most of the local fans couldn't believe what they were seeing, they were gladly surprised.
I remember one guy talking behing me saying after the opening with Stormb.: " Please don't
sing so much there's still 4 more songs to go"
then I interrupted him and I said: " Don't worry he will sing like that all night, he did the same last night and he will repeat it today"
After the forth song the guy touched my shoulder and said: "Sorry brother but you were wrong, he is not singing in the same way during the whole show .. as each song passes by he is singing even better !! "
Not much more to say ... people were astonished.
That's another point, you can see the 1st show, then the 2nd, then the 3rd and you are still impressed.

I better start working before I get fired.

Thanks Glenn for your wonderfull music but I would like to specially point out that we are very thankfull for your kindness and the times you shared with us during your stay, your heart was always opened to us and I hope we have been that good and nice to you ...

Juanmanuel
Old Dec-16-2003, 6:38 AM

Finland

Morjens Juan Manuel,
excellent story and review - thank You very much for sharing!!!

your friend from North,

T
Old Dec-18-2003, 2:51 AM

Argentina

hi dear Tero
It's a pleasure to share ... I have to get my tickets, set list sheet, photos, etc etc scanned soonest so I can include them here.

we really had an incredible time, having lunch together, meeting here and there ... I can't believe all the nice things that happened this last days, and of course the shows were incredible.

Rata Blanca IMO did great shows and Glenn as usual was in top form.
It was very nice to see them happy on stage, it was easy to notice that they were enjoying and there was a lot chemistry there.

I'll write you back soon, my best regards to you and your family !
juanmanuel
Old Dec-19-2003, 9:10 AM

Argentina

Ok guys I'll try to attach some images, I'm a bit un-experienced with these matters I'll do my best.
Flyer for the Buenos Aires gigs ( Dec 13/14 ) and from LA CAPITAL newspaper of Rosario city, an interview held on the 13th, published on the 15th. Then the comments of the Rosario gig (last gig) published on 17th.

If I suceed enjoy, I hope so.

all the best
juanmanuel
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
LiveReviews_GlennInRosario-1.jpg   LiveReviews_GlennInRosario-2.jpg   LiveReviews_GlennInRosario-3.jpg  

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Share Thread

Tags
1st, bass, GHPG.net, glenn, history