g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs Schedule details & Transcripts from Fan CHAT sessions.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan-09-2007, 9:45 PM

USA

Icon20 CHAT Live with MEL GALLEY - January 21st

Former Trapeze/Whitesnake/MGM and Phenomena guitarist, MEL GALLEY, has graciously agreed to join us for a LIVE CHAT on SUNDAY, JANUARY 21ST between 7:00PM - 9:00PM GMT (2:00-4:00PM EST / 11:00-1:00PM PST / 8:00-10:00PM CET).

http://www.ghpg.net/chat/

We're sure you'll have plenty to ask him about, especially as it's been quite some time since he's been on the music scene and it's certainly a great opportunity for YOU to ask YOUR questions, as he hasn't done much press over the past few years. With his long musical career in bands such as Trapeze and Whitesnake to name just a couple, we're sure you'll have plenty of questions!

We can only accomodate 25 people at any one time...if you connect and see there's less than that online, feel free to hang out, but if we're near the limit, we request you say "Hi", ask your question(s) and then bid farewell, so the next person has an opportunity.

If you know you can't make it or on the day you're unable to connect...you can email us your questions ahead of time to melchat@GHPG.net, so we can pass them on for MEL to answer.

A transcript will be made available for later viewing should you be unable to make it.

Many thanks to Paul "wolfy" Smith in arranging for Mel to join us and of course, to Mel, for agreeing to what will be another very enjoyable couple of hours.

On the day, simply click the CHAT link from any page on the site, then once you launch the CHAT window, select the CHAT with MEL room!
Old Jan-10-2007, 4:20 AM

USA

Very cool. I know Roger will be excited!!!
Old Jan-10-2007, 10:48 AM

UK

And just to let you know, it was Mel who suggested it - not me telling him that Grace has a large axe and knows how to use it

It's Mel's way of thanking all of you on here for your support and also those who have visited his Myspace site. 500 plays a week since it started December 3rd

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Jan-14-2007, 1:58 PM

USA

Icon49

Originally Posted by wolfysmith View Post
And just to let you know, it was Mel who suggested it -
not me telling him that Grace has a large axe and knows how to use it.

Yeah, right, Paul.
I'm Grace.
And I don't even believe you.

Old Jan-15-2007, 1:59 PM

UK

Actually Grace, after he did those Q&A's for us that Hackney and i got together i suggested it - and a few more times! - but he wasnt keen on doing something "live".

But now with the Myspace stuff he knows there are still fans out there, both old and new. He asked when the next one was and said he would do it as a thankyou to GHPG Crazy People and others.

The person you need to wave the axe at is Merve Spence!

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Jan-16-2007, 8:18 AM

USA

Lightbulb

..................and this Merve Spence is who?

As you usually do in cases like this, Paul -
send me a description, a clear photograph,
his address, the usual daily routine schedule,
and when you would like the body to disappear.
Thank you.
Old Jan-16-2007, 3:08 PM

USA

I have been spending quite a bit of time at Mel's MYSPACE page, and just love listening to his cuts multiple times on a nightly basis. But, being the nit-wit that I am, I apologized to him for not being able to make the chat on Sunday...and the chat is not until THIS Sunday

Now that I know when the chat actually is, I still need to apologize for not making it. New Orleans v. Chicago and New England V. Indianapolis beckon with our Sunday crowd at a local Sports Bar. I do look forward to reading the transcript of the session, and am sure that all you GHCPs will have a battery of great questions for Mel.

One of these days I will make a chat session, but until then I just want to say Thanks to Mel, Wolfy, Glenn and everyone (especially David and Shirean) who organize all this great stuff. And Grace, I know you are lurking with the axe so I will get there one day so I do not end up in your sites!!!
Old Jan-16-2007, 4:03 PM

USA

i have a tv next to the computer for this purpose doesnt chris loeb always jump in and out of the chat watching soccer?
Old Jan-16-2007, 8:57 PM

USA

Originally Posted by tony g View Post
i have a tv next to the computer for this purpose doesnt chris loeb always jump in and out of the chat watching soccer?

I have the setup at home too Tony, but the bar full of people will probably not want to cram into my office to watch the game while I chat
There is nothing like watching football with 150 of your closest friends
Old Jan-17-2007, 3:58 PM

Austria

Originally Posted by tony g View Post
i have a tv next to the computer for this purpose doesnt chrisloeb always jump in and out of the chat watching soccer?

Good one, Tony. That only happened once, maybe twice

These days 24 Season 5 is playing on Sundays though, so I might pop in during the commercial breaks.

See you then!

chrisloeb's Sig:
MEDUSA

Old Jan-18-2007, 10:43 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Everyone - please look at this post ahead of the CHAT this weekend. Just so you're not surprised on Sunday

Thanks.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Share Thread

Tags
1st, bands, David, GHCP, GHPG.net, glenn, Mel Galley, MySpace, press, Shirean, Trapeze