g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct-11-2006, 4:22 PM

UK

Achim, Im sure people going to shows will say JK isnt as good as JJ. But others may think the other way round and that he adds something different.

Even now, Steve Morse is still "no Blackmore" for most people - me included if truth be told. But people still go to see DP. im going next year.

i will still continue to support Glenn no matter who he plays with.
Even it is a new unknown player like JJ was 10 years ago.
Both of them have blossomed and grown as people, writers and performers together. There was always going to be a point where they were going to split. Yes, its a shame just before the tour and it would have been nice to be JJ's "farewell tour". but that could have distracted things and actually caused more harm than good, especially with Planet Marsh out there too. A clean break now is probably better.

We now have a new solo artist - JJ Marsh - to support.

And I wouldnt mind Higher Places reappearing in the set list seeing as Jeff wrote the riff.

Achim, after the JB's show we can discuss it over a beer with Pete
Hopefully he got and can understand my directions!

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Oct-11-2006, 5:25 PM
schreinermusic

Paul, we surely will, my friend. Really looking forward to meet you and of course Pete again in a couple of days. It will be great. Save a cold pint for me until then!!!!

see ya, Achim
Old Oct-11-2006, 6:22 PM

UK

That's quite a shame that JJ's left the fold. Frankly I would have taken it better if he'd done the tour and it was announced they were parting ways for Glenn's next solo album... It almost feels like he left half-way through doing his job. Oh well, I hope Jeff's good.

Actually I was wondering if Glenn and JJ were planning to part company as Glenn had mentioned that he and Frusciante had been working on a few songs for his next album. I'd love to see John play on an entire Glenn album, they could probably make half-a-dozan between now and the release of the next Chilis album!
Old Oct-11-2006, 6:47 PM

USA

Fasten your seatbelts people, Jeff Kollman will bring his intense style of playing into the next chapter of Glenn Hughes music.

I cannot wait for what is coming!
Old Oct-12-2006, 12:35 AM

Belgium

Good luck to you j.j.

I'm not very sad. I have seen Glenn and J.J. more than 20 times in concert.J.J. is a very good guitarist but for me jeff is an excellent guitarist. And it's great to see new musicians with Glenn.

manu's Sig:hello
Old Oct-12-2006, 1:39 AM

UK

Icon34

First off, JJ i wish you well, but I have to say I thinks its time for a fresh approach and applaud Glenn on taking this decsion. In fact I was not so enthused about seeing the old band again and felt that the band needed to move to a higher level.

The calibre of the new band members is very high and Iam now definatley going to go to the shows as there will be a new edge to the performance.

If there are lines to be read between then maybe the musical direction Glenn is taking is not so favored by JJ. Anyway I think this is reall positive news a new hungry band.
Old Oct-12-2006, 2:26 AM

UK

Icon34

I agree Wolfy, M4TD ia not really a JJ album its more about the songs and less about the solos. I think JJ is great at all the retro rock stuff and his comparrsions to the "man in black" are well founded.

Jeff Kolman I think has a more modern approach to his songwriiting and playing and I think this differnce will help inspire Glenn further. The Shape 68 songs were just fab. Would be great if they play a couple of these songs on TOUR.

Anyway everyone here is getting hooked up about the guitar player but iam most looking forward to the new drummer who i think will drive the whole band including Glenn. On previous shows Glenn seems to have to drive (inspire ) the band. I think this new band will be cooking on Gas Mark 6
Old Oct-12-2006, 4:22 AM

Netherlands

I've seen Glenn and JJ several times, twice this year. And in 3 weeks I'm going to see Glenn again.
I think it's a shame JJ's gone, but I know Glenn comes up with a great new band.
I always wondered why JJ had to make room for Navarro and Frusciante. When they made the video for Soulmover, JJ could easily be in it.
Soulmover was their peak. M4TD, was great but not as Soulmover, I thought JJ's part was much smaller.
I've got the feeling that this band is temporarely. Because after the tour Glenn will hook up with Pat Thrall.
So maybe JJ left because Glenn had some other things lined-up that didn't include him.

What ever the reason(s), I look confident in the future.
Old Oct-12-2006, 4:57 AM

UK

Nice one Wolfy, made alot of sense there! Maybe I have been a little too hasty, just a huge JJ fan thats all!

I guess part of me is still excited by the new line up!!!!
Old Oct-12-2006, 6:00 AM

USA

Originally Posted by Grace View Post
PS......equinox91 ~ Birch Hill, you too?

Yes! One of the greatest live performances I've ever witnessed.

Brian
Old Oct-12-2006, 8:01 AM

UK

Icon34

On further reflection I just hope they I play a Shape 68 song, I love that stuff. The drummer and keyboard player are incredible and Glenn will have to be at his best which I am sure is the reason they are there in the first place.

This tour is going to be something special for sure
Old Oct-12-2006, 9:15 AM

USA

Icon49

Originally Posted by equinox91 View Post
One of the greatest live performances I've ever witnessed.

That it most certainly was..........

Plus, it was probably the only Glenn Hughes performance

IN HISTORY

where you could also watch a basketball game on several TVs

AT THE SAME TIME THAT GLENN WAS SINGING!

For me, the highlight was......

Glenn's a cappella ending to "YKOM"

( I cried like a weenie.)
Old Oct-12-2006, 6:16 PM

USA

This is a shame and I was surprised and I had the same intial reactions as everyone else. But waited a day to think about this and post my feelings. If you look at Glenn's record, most guys he's worked with, it's been a miracle that Glenn did more than some brief one album outings with any individual musician. The fact that we've enjoyed JJ with Glenn for so long is really a bloody miracle! That is an amazing run in any type of endeavor. Nothing but fond memories of all these great shows I've gotten to see with JJ and Glenn and incredible work together. Jeff was great on SITKOR and this not the end of the world and I'm a huge JJ fan. Can't wait to get Planet Marsh.

John

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
013, 1996, 2001, album, albums, Anders Olinder, book, classic rock, David, Deep Purple, drums, GHCP, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, guitar, history, HTP, Hughes/Thrall, Jeff Kollman, JJ Marsh, keys, Pat Thrall, press, solo, solo album, soul mover, steve morse, styles, tour, Trapeze, Video