g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep-21-2006, 12:40 AM
evenbar

Icon33 1994 Tour Setlist

Hi everyone:
I saw Trapeze in St. Louis, MO on 15 Apr 1994 and what a terrific performance! The band said they'd be back in the fall, but that didn't happen

Anyway, I am hoping someone will have a Setlist from that show but any from that tour would be most appreciated.

best regards,
evenbar
Old Sep-21-2006, 5:28 AM

UK

Hi

I seem to remember there is a bootleg from this show doing the rounds........Wolfy or Chip (the custodians of the Spencer Archive) can you help??????

Chris
Old Sep-21-2006, 6:12 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,491 Posts
evenbar,

Welcome aboard and thanks for your first post - looking forward to your further
contributions here on the Fan Forum

Meantime, here's the 1994 St. Louis setlist:

Way Back To The Bone
Touch My Life
Midnight Flyer
Jury
You Are The Music...
Seafull
Feel It Inside
Coast To Coast
Keepin' Time
Medusa
Black Cloud
Your Love Is Alright
Old Sep-21-2006, 2:02 PM

Netherlands

hmmm pretty cool setlist but my fave Trapeze song is ommitted. Im talking about Whats A Womans Role

Does anyone knows if this song ever was played live the last 35 years
Old Sep-21-2006, 2:23 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,491 Posts
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
hmmm pretty cool setlist but my fave Trapeze song is ommitted. Im talking about Whats A Womans Role

Does anyone knows if this song ever was played live the last 35 years

Well of course they played it during their live appearance at the BBC in 1973.....so 33 years ago now
Old Sep-21-2006, 3:41 PM

USA

Icon32

Originally Posted by evenbar View Post
Hi everyone:
I saw Trapeze in St. Louis, MO on 15 Apr 1994 and what a terrific performance! The band said they'd be back in the fall, but that didn't happen

Anyway, I am hoping someone will have a Setlist from that show but any from that tour would be most appreciated.

best regards,
evenbar

Hi evenbar,

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find plenty of info here to keep you busy for a while.

I was also at the Trapeze show in St. Louis. We were practically neighbors back then I lived to the west of you, in Wright City.

I worked for an engineering firm in St. Charles. Our home office was in Maryland Heights. Small world, huh?

I remember like it was yesterday, Glenn saying they would be back in September. Over the years, I've jokingly said, "I'm still waiting for Trapeze to came back in the fall."

I only have one thing to add to David's setlist. Just before "Coast to Coast", Glenn performed what was later to become "Still In Love With You". As you might know, that track appeared on Glenn's "Burning Japan Live" album that came out later that same year.

Chip
Old Sep-22-2006, 11:39 AM

Netherlands

Ow my god this is just amazing! Hopefully some day a better version of this recording will surface. 30 seconds into the song my wife was already saying this music gave her a headache. She probably was reffering to the heavy bass sound instead of this amazing song

Thank you for the notice David, its really appreciated.
Old Oct-08-2006, 2:41 PM
evenbar

Thanks David & Chip for your help with the St. Louis show's setlist. Sorry it took me this long to respond (I was expecting a notice in my mailbox for any replies). By the way, the opening act was Foxx.

Chip it certainly is a small world, I also worked for an engineering firm in St. Louis!

I'm currently trying to track down setlists from all the shows I've attended. That's 337 Concerts, 432 Acts and 652 Performances as of today's date. Starting way back in Feb 1972 with Canned Heat/The Grass Roots/Batdorf & Rodney in Las Vegas.
I saw Deep Purple in May 1987 with Bad Company here in St. Louis.

I've been busy over the past 6 months entering all the data into a program originally designed for cataloging recordings. I was able to modify the entries as concerts instead of albums and used the tracklist for each act instead. I then was able to enter data as Concert#/Date/Performers/Ticket Price/Seating/Venue/album or Tour Promo/Attendees/Merchandise as well as Band Members/Touring Musicians/Instruments and now Setlits. The only things I'm leaving out are Tour Managers & Crew. That's because that info is rather hard to find. I can also scan my ticket stubs and tee shirts into the database as jpg's.

Thanks again everyone for your help and comments,
evenbar
Old Oct-08-2006, 4:21 PM

USA

Icon34 C'mon..he still had nine good fingers!

Hey Evenbar,

I was supposed to see Deep Purple and Bad Company in 1987 but maybe ten days before the show got to San Antonio where I lived, Ritchie Blackmore broke a finger onstage..I seem to recall he was flipping the guitar around and..*snap*

I had to turn the tickets in for a refund....should have saved them!

Sounds like quite a task you have before you with all that data to collate......I am most impressed!

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Oct-11-2006, 5:08 PM
evenbar

Deep Purple/Bad Co. 1987

captmidnite1962,
Here's the setlists for the show in St. Louis for that tour, it was my 1st time seeing both bands are they were equally impressive.

DEEP PURPLE - SETLIST: 04 May 1987
SET 1:
01. Highway Star
02. Strange Kind Of Woman
03. Jesus Christ Superstar
04. The Unwritten Law
05. Drum Solo
06. Dead Or Alive
07. Perfect Strangers
08. Hard Lovin' Woman
09. Bad Attitude
10. Child In Time
11. Difficult To Cure
12. Knocking At Your Backdoor
13. Lazy
14. Space Truckin'
15. Hush
ENCORE:
01. Woman From Tokyo
02. Black Night
03. Knees Up Mother Brown
04. Running Bear
05. Smoke On The Water
---------------------------------------------------
BAD COMPANY - SETLIST: 04 May 1987
SET 1:
01.Intro
02.Excited
03.Shake It Up
04.Rock & Roll Fantasy
05.Tell It Like It Is/Drum Solo
06.Rock Of America
07.Can't Get Enough
08.Keyboard Solo
09.Bad Company
ENCORE:
01.Shooting Star
02. Feel Like Makin' Love

Without the advent of forums such as these and other online sources, tracking down all that data would haave been nearly impossible for me. My memory is pretty good but it can jubble things up, especially after some time. Besides, I was too busy enjoying the shows to bother with writing down setlists and remembering who any extra touring musicians were. ha-ha

Incidentally, I went to a show last night by the Norwegian singer Sissel (I took my mother), and although I'm familar with a number of her songs, she didn't do a good job of announcing any song titles and when she introduced the musicians she only gave their first names. It's fine if she wants to go by her first name only but I"m going to have a hard time tracking down the musicians and setlist for this show.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
1972, 1973, 1987, 1994, 1st, album, albums, bands, bass, Coast to Coast, David, Deep Purple, GHPG.net, glenn, guitar, tour, track, Trapeze