g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Reports & Pictures Post your reviews, pictures, video & set lists here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep-08-2002, 9:01 PM

Hell of a concert

What a night in Hell! Hughes, Turner and Dio at the same stage, though not at the same time as someone was hoping. As all of you, I claim to be the hugest Hughes-fan walking on earth. This was my first time seeing him live, and he didn't disappoint me. There were only one "surprise" at the gig: Seventh Star.

The setlist: Devil's Road, I Surrender, Can't Stop Rock'n'roll, Death Alley Driver, Stormbringer, Dark Days, Seventh Star, Mistreated, Can't Stop the Flood, King of Dreams, Better Man, Ride the Storm, Spotlight Kid + Highway Star.

Hughes was in good shape, and it was obvious that he and the band was having a good time in Hell. Hughes even kissed Turner on his mouth. The guys are really in love!

As this was the opener of the Europe tour, I am sure the band will be even tighter. I don't know if it was my position on the floor, but the sound was terrible. The bass and drums were to loud, and some times it was difficult to hear the hammond and also Joakim's solos. On top of that the vocals often came out as screaming throug the loudspeakers. Because of the sound quality it was a big advantage to know the songs. I knew them, so I had a great time.

The Hughes-sequence with Seventh Star, Mistreated and Can't Stop the Flood was great. The Iommi-song was very tight, and I hope it will be recorded and put on disc. Better Man, Spotlight Kid and Highway Star were also highlights of the concert. If it had not been for the one hour delay, and the fact that Dio was waiting backstage, I am sure HTP would have played one more song for the Norwegians. The audience was ecstatic and would not stop crying 'we want more'.

But they got more! Dio. Ronnie, Jimmy and the band was also great. They had much better sound than HTP, but of course they could not match our guys.
Old Sep-08-2002, 10:12 PM

Finland

Seventh STAR?????

Oh!!!! my GOD - hope they keep that song in setlist till they arrive Finland.

can't wait.

palaillaan,

T [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Share Thread

Tags
bass, drums, HTP, tour