g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Tour Dates & Appearances Official appearances and 100% officially confirmed live dates happening around the world can be found here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec-08-2005, 12:37 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Icon46 Bulgaria - New Year's Eve

GLENN will be making a special New Year's Eve guest appearance in the historical city of Kavarna, Bulgaria, at the invitation of the Mayor of Kavarna, Mr Tsonko Tsonev.

He will perform a 40 minute set with Bulgarian rock band B.T.R - GLENN last performed with the band back in 2002.

The concert will take place in the central Dobrotitsa Square.

Mr Tsonev is a huge music fan and he recently won the award of 'Man of The Year' in Bulgaria. He is responsible for bringing some big name rock bands to Karvarna in the last few years, such as Scorpions, Deep Purple, and Dio.

He says that he and the people of Bulgaria are honoured to have GLENN see in the New Year with them.

Further info can be found at www.btrus.com and www.btr.cc
Old Dec-08-2005, 8:38 PM

USA

Bulgaria ???

We cannot get a US mini-tour, but Bulgaria gets to have Glenn on New Year's Eve. There is definately something wrong with this picture. I believe that is four Bulgarian shows since the last time Glenn played here...
Old Dec-08-2005, 8:56 PM

zUKUSA

...why not!

GLENN has a huge following in Bulgaria and other Eastern European countries, so it's not surprising at all. In fact, he literally get's treated like royalty when he visits their countries, so it's a great honour to be invited by the Mayor no less, of one of their most popular resort city's.

Frank, the bottom line with the USA, is no one is willing, financially speaking, to get behind this genre of music, especially it seems for Glenn and others. So until that day comes, we'll only get to see him here on a few occassions, as has been the case over the past few years. Shirean and I gave up waiting years ago and got our butts over to see him in Europe, granted maybe easier for us than others, but if that's the only way to hear the new music live, then that's what we have to do to get our fix Anyway, that's another thread.

It should be a rockin' New Year's over in Karvarna come the end of the month - hopefully it'll get recorded or snapped by some lucky attendees

Anyone going??
Old Dec-09-2005, 5:33 AM

USA

What I was basically saying David, is there HAS to be a way to do something here. Maybe a small series of shows based around "House of Blues" venues or something of that nature. It is unbelievable that some bands can fill US arenas, yet others who are truly musicians cannot draw flies. I remember seeing Montrose this Summer in St Pete. TREMENDOUS show, with maybe 250 people. Same venue this past Saturday, Blue Oyster Cult played the same show they have done for the past fifteen years, yet it was a turn-away crowd Three "cr*p metal" bands play and there are thousands, yet real metal bands play in front of half the crowd.

It just bugs the hell out of me that people in, what should be a fairly intelligent society, cannot make a decison for themselves and just follow the record companies like mice following the piper I saw the Billboard Awards on TV for a few minutes the other night, and was mortified to be a fan of music and that is a Music Awards show It is an embarassment and maybe, with some luck and good fortune, some of us can find a way to bring Glenn's music to the USA and spread the word.

Probably just wishful thinking, but it sure beats moving to Eastern Europe for me
Old Dec-09-2005, 5:43 AM

Netherlands

perhaps Glenn can play as supact for the rhcp on their upcoming tour?????

Hiawatha72
www.burnermusic.nl
Old Dec-09-2005, 7:09 AM

Bulgaria

It's cool!

I will be in Kavarna.
Third Glenn's concert this year!!!
Old Dec-09-2005, 5:22 PM

USA

i feel like you frank but the bottom line is bulgaria is willing to pay glenn while here in the usa the promoters would rather pay jessica simpson and other assorted novelty acts -i have given up on the whole idea -but i will say this - some day some where i will be front row center - that i will never give up on
Old Dec-09-2005, 7:48 PM

USA

Originally Posted by tony g
i feel like you frank but the bottom line is bulgaria is willing to pay glenn while here in the usa the promoters would rather pay jessica simpson and other assorted novelty acts

Could not agree more about the novelty acts. I just don't understand how a country that has so much monry (US) cannot 'compete' with the European countries for talent.
And while I am on it, why don't we try and see how much it would cost to have Glenn do Chip and Todd's Summer gig and see if we cannot pony up the cash ourselves ?
For the cost of one R/T to Europe you could put that into a kitty and maybe get an up close and personal appearance from Glenn.
Just a thought
Old Dec-13-2005, 5:52 PM

zUKUSA

Thumbs up Update!

B.T.R have revealed part of the setlist for the New Year's Eve show in Karvana featuring GLENN:

"Stormbringer", "Mistreated", "Smoke on the Water", "Burn", "Sail Away", "Keep on Moving", "Might Just Take Your Life".

Also, there is another special guest.....John Lawton, formerly of Uriah Heep, he'll be playing "Easy Living", "Lady in Black", "Look at Yourself", "Wizard", "Hanging Tree", "Stealing Sympathy" with the band.

So how does one get to Bulgaria on December 31st
Old Dec-13-2005, 6:30 PM

USA

Icon32

Originally Posted by David

I don't know David, but if you figure it out, save room for me

I sure wish I could be there...what a way to start off the new year.

Chip
Old Dec-14-2005, 7:23 PM

USA

Originally Posted by David
Also, there is another special guest.....John Lawton, formerly of Uriah Heep, he'll be playing "Easy Living", "Lady in Black", "Look at Yourself", "Wizard", "Hanging Tree", "Stealing Sympathy" with the band.

Ouch !!! Now I am jealous of Bulgarians.
Old Dec-16-2005, 2:13 PM

USA

id rather hear john lawton sing some lucifers friend songs-especially the first album
Old Dec-16-2005, 3:35 PM

USA

Icon32

I agree Tony G. One of my favorites is "Spanish Galleon" off of the Banquet lp.

Chip
Old Dec-26-2005, 2:51 PM

zUKUSA

Thumbs up Happy New Year!

Just a quick reminder to our friends in Bulgaria - be sure and post here to let us all know how the New Year's Eve show goes.

I'm sure GLENN will be on his way to you shortly, as there's only a couple of days to go

So don't get too hung over, we'll be waiting here patiently for your reviews and pix

Have fun

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Share Thread

Tags
1st, 2002, album, bands, David, Deep Purple, GHPG.net, glenn, Pix, Shirean, smoke on the water, tour, uriah heep