g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Competitions

Competitions Every once in a while you'll have the chance to win prizes by entering competitions, sweepstakes or contests!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb-03-2003, 10:00 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Icon32 CTC Celebrations Competition

To celebrate the recent 50th issue and 8th Birthday of CTC, we're happy to be able to offer you a chance to win a FREE 3-night Deluxe Accommodation stay at The HARD ROCK Hotel which includes 2 FREE tickets and more, to see GLENN and his band perform live in Orlando, Florida at the end of March. Thanks to The HARD ROCK Hotel, Orlando and specifically the Manager, Lou Carrier (a fellow GH fan) and his organization, we are able to make this offer as part of the Hard Rock's monthly VELVET SESSIONS event.

Even if you don't win, you can still come to the show and use the specially arranged 50% discount hotel offer which includes 2 FREE tickets per room to the show!

You'll see GLENN and his band as you never have before! GLENN will be doing some old classics with a new spin, as well as some things you've never heard him perform before!

(Please read thoroughly the details below)

GRAND PRIZE:
3 NIGHTS FREE DELUXE ACCOMODATION
2 FREE Tickets to see GLENN LIVE
1 FREE Hard Rock Hotel LEATHER JACKET
-------------------------------------------------
WHEN: March 26th, March 27th and March 28th, 2003
WHERE: The HARD ROCK Hotel, Orlando, Florida, USA
-------------------------------------------------

The GRAND PRIZE is for the Winner and a Guest. The Winner will have the choice of a Man or Woman's Hard Rock Hotel Leather Jacket (to be presented to the Winner during Hotel stay).

Here's the COMPETITION QUESTION:
What Song and Album do these lyrics come from?

THERE'S NOWHERE THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN
I'VE EVEN BEEN TO SEE MY QUEEN

Email your answer with a subject line of CTC CELEBRATIONS to ctc@ghpg.net

We will be performing a random drawing from all the winning entries on February 15th and the winner will be notified the following day.

Even if you don't win or just want to make a booking regardless, we have managed to attain a block of 30 rooms dedicated for use by Glenn Hughes Fans, which also include TICKETS to see GLENN live!

You'll be getting a special 50% discount for each of your 3-night's stay plus your 2 FREE tickets to the show. All you have to do is tell Reservations you are part of the GLENN HUGHES FANS GROUP! You have until FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH, 2003 to make your Reservations with this discounted pricing.

This still gives you 2 weeks after the Competition is over to make your reservation...so if you don't win, get on the phone or email the Hotel straight away - remember there are only 30 rooms available...it's first come,
first serve
- so don't miss out on this great opportunity to see GLENN LIVE!

If you're still not decided...for all who come, Lou also hopes to have arranged for us, either a private Breakfast or Lunch with GLENN on the day before or after the show!

So now all you have to do, is book your flights to Orlando! Read on for all the fine details and small print...

++

(Please read thoroughly the details below)

RESERVATION CONTACT DETAILS:
Call 1-800-BE-A-STAR or alternatively (and the only method for International travellers), e-mail reservation requests to hrh2003@loewshotels.com - include your Name, Arrival Date, Departure Date and Credit Card Details.

Once the reservation request has been received by e-mail, you will receive a confirmation number from the Hotel that will confirm your reservation has been made - IMPORTANT - the e-mail reservation request DOES NOT GUARANTEE your room, you MUST receive a Confirmation Number to guarantee your reservation has been made with the Hotel. As stated above, this will be emailed to you once the Hotel receive and confirm your details.

FREE TICKETS will be given to the Guests at Check-in and are limited to 2 per room only. If there are additional people in the room, then they will need to purchase additional tickets at the door of Velvet Sessions. Also, the tickets are not for numbered seating, this is a standing event and there are no reserved seating areas.

RESERVATION NAME:
You will need to identify yourself as being part of the GLENN HUGHES FANS Group.

GROUP RATE:
$149 per room per night plus 11.5% applicable taxes - this rate includes 2 TICKETS to the March Velvet Sessions featuring GLENN HUGHES.

GROUP DATES:
The Group is able to get the Group Rate only for the nights of Wednesday, March 26th, Thursday, March 27 and Friday, March 28. Any fans looking for dates outside this Group Block will be given the appropriate seasonal rate.

The cut-off date for the Group Block is Friday, February 28th. Any reservation requests after that date will be given rates as determined by the Hotel.

++

For general details on the hotel and surrounding area...you can visit the following web site:

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/hotels/orlando/

So, there you have it....if your enter the Competition - Good Luck! - and if you decide to come regardless, we'll see you there

Old Feb-12-2003, 11:25 PM

zUKUSA

Just a reminder...the Competition ends this Saturday, February 15th. We'll be performing a random drawing from all the entries and the winner will be announced on the 16th.

Good luck
Old Feb-15-2003, 6:48 AM
chuck

David or Shirean or anybody else

Has anybody tried to make reservations for the hard rock show? I called the number and they (the reservations desk) can't find any record of it. I called the hotel directly and they didn't have any information either. They said they would call back when they found out anything. If anybody knows about this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chuck
Old Feb-15-2003, 10:04 AM

zUKUSA

Hi Chuck...the Reservations desk isn't going to know about the show as far as just buying tickets for it.

The 50% discount offer that is on offer does require you reserve a room at The Hard Rock in order to acquire your 2 FREE tickets per room.

So Reservations are only going to know about the Group Reservation block of rooms and the associated package that is included with it.

Hope that makes sense!

But to double-check....I just called the number myself and they are aware of the group reservation name (GLENN HUGHES FANS) and the associated Velvet Sessions package

Also, by the way...the Velvet Sessions shows aren't even announced locally in Orlando until a few days beforehand...so the locals won't hear anything about it until mid-March at the earliest...unless they come here or are CTC subscribers
Old Feb-15-2003, 11:45 AM
chuck

David,

thanks for the response. I am also trying to book a room for the 3 days as well. The girl on the phone told me she heard about it but she couldn't find the group deal in the computer. Is there anybody special to talk to? I'll give them another try.

Thanks again,

Chuck
Old Feb-15-2003, 11:55 AM
chuck

David,

I wanted to let you know I called them back again and the girl said that she remembering booking it before, but doesn't know what is going on now. She said it may be sold out or something. She also said they were checking on it and would let me know tomorrow. Just a thought, in case its sold out, maybe people from out of town could at least get tickets ahead of time before making the trip down.

thanks again,

Chuck
Old Feb-15-2003, 12:25 PM

zUKUSA

Chuck...sorry you're having so much trouble with this! I got the impression the gals they have on the phones this weekend....must be new to the job, if you know what I mean

Each time I've called during a week day they're seem more on the ball! So if for some reason you have no joy with them today or tomorrow, try again on Monday...meanwhile I'll find out whether the block of rooms are sold out...that could well be why they're having trouble locating the info!!

Also, it's not too late, as of today's date (15th)...to enter the Competition, it ends at Midnight tonight....with the Winner announced tomorrow

Shoot me an email if you're not getting anywhere with Reservations!

To answer your other point...it's not possible to purchase tickets separately prior to the show. These Velvet Sessions shows are generally not open to the general public and are only announced locally a couple of days beforehand...even then, you have to call a special number to get on a list to confirm you can purchase tickets! So we're very lucky to be given this exclusive deal!
Old Feb-15-2003, 9:34 PM

zUKUSA

CONGRATULATIONS
CHRIS MAZZEO

Well done Chris....you're the GRAND PRIZE Winner! We've also sent you a notification email.

To everyone who entered the Competition, thanks for participating. We were swamped with potential winning entries, but after the random drawing, Chris was the lucky winning contestant!

The answer by the way.....the song lyrics came from WINGS from the debut and self-titled album, TRAPEZE.

Remember, now the Competition is over, you still have a chance of joining us by taking advantage of the 50% group reservation discount at The HARD ROCK Hotel in Orlando. It's valid until February 28th, so get on the phone now!

If the 30 rooms that make up the group block are no longer available due to being sold-out, we'll be sure and let you know here.

Hope to see some of you in Orlando and again "thanks everyone" and congratulations Chris!
Old Feb-16-2003, 10:01 AM

UK

A sincere congratulations to you on winning the competition, Chris. You're the envy of a few of us on here, I'm sure.

We'll look forward to photos of the fun.

Old Feb-21-2003, 5:32 AM

USA

David,

Do you have any info for us locals on how to get tickets - I have two friends flying in from out of state and now I'm worried that we won't even get into the show. Is the show at the hotel in one of the ballrooms or at the Hard Rock Live venue?

Thanks!
Old Feb-21-2003, 6:24 AM

zUKUSA

Here's some info for local fans....please take note....don't bother emailing or calling until February 28th.

The reason why...every last Thursday of the month is when these Velvet Sessions events take place...Loverboy are up next on February 27th...so the venue isn't going to acknowledge the Glenn Hughes show until after that date.

The show is within the hotel itself, and not at Hard Rock Live. Feel free to take a drive and go check it out ahead of time!

Here's the info to be used on or after February 28th for RSVP'ing....

Phone: 407 503 2401
Email: vs@loews.com

Now...you didn't get this info from me..ok

Good luck and hope to see you there!
Old Feb-25-2003, 4:19 AM
ploeg

if I book three nights ? Does that enable me to 6 tickets ?

ploeg
Old Feb-25-2003, 8:56 AM

zUKUSA

Hi...no, your room reservation for a 3-night stay will only entitle you to 2 FREE tickets.

The tickets are per room reservation (even if you have 3 or more in a room, you still only get 2 tickets)!
Old Feb-28-2003, 10:23 PM

zUKUSA

The specially arranged 50% discount hotel offer is now over and closed for reservations.

I'm happy to be able to tell you - all 30 rooms are SOLD OUT

For local residents, who didn't need a room, you can use the following info to try and get on the Velvet Sessions RSVP list...the show probably won't be acknowledged until the week before (March 20th), so it's not worth contacting them until then....

Phone: 407 503 2401
Email: vs@loews.com

Thanks everyone and see you there

Old Mar-05-2003, 11:48 AM

USA

Orlando..here I come!

When the news broke about Glenn's show in Orlando and this whole "celebration" was planned..i didn't hesitate as to whether I was going to go...I couldn't pick up that phone fast enough! Let me get this straight...I get to stay in a totaly cool resort,get out of the frozen hell that has been Indiana for a few days..and a concert with one of my favorite artists?? This is one of those truly incredible experiences that cannot be passed by!

I also belong to both Grand Funk discussion groups;Roadkill and Cyberfunk. The one thing that I have gotten the biggest charge out of is not only meeting the artists..which is fabulous..but I have met so many incredible folks that share the same passion....I am looking forward to meeting other Glenn hughes fans from all over the world!

March 27th can't get here fast enough!

Till then....Bill Redford

I never got to see Glenn with Deep Purple or Trapeze back in the day and I WAS back in NY when he played the Voodoo Lounge in Queens..but couldn't make the show. I am not letting this chance get away!
Old Mar-17-2004, 11:40 AM

UK

We're way overdue for another competition David. Any ideas?
Old Mar-17-2004, 12:12 PM

zUKUSA

I hear ya Shirl....not to worry, I'm sure something will materialize over the next month or two
Old Mar-17-2004, 12:37 PM

USA

Wow, those California plate tectonics are something else.......

.....ghpg.net is now in San Mateo!!!!!!
Old Mar-17-2004, 5:29 PM

USA

Hi Grace,

I haven't posted in awhile. Yes, your correct - GHPG.net has some new digs

I've had a word with David and we'll now be having a new competition sooner rather than later
Old Mar-18-2004, 6:14 AM

USA

I hope that none of your GH music or memorabilia got lost,
(or temporarily mis-placed) during the move.
This is a good opportunity for me to say:
that I hope San Mateo soon "Feels Like Home"!!!!!

(Cardboard boxes are my life.)

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Competitions

Share Thread

Tags
2003, album, book, David, debut, Deep Purple, events, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, Pix, Shirean, Trapeze, win