g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul-09-2005, 2:33 PM

USA

Icon34 Dio to film DVD of entire "Holy Diver"performance

Well logistically this is right out !!!!!!!!!

DIO To Film 'Holy Diver' Live DVD In Russia - July 9, 2005
Just over 22 years after the album was released, DIO will play their classic debut, "Holy Diver", in its entirety on their U.K. tour in October. This is the first time that they will ever have attempted to play the whole record live.

"It wasn't my idea, but suggested by someone else," Ronnie James Dio told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine. "And this seemed to be a good concept at the time, although the closer we get to doing this, the more concerned I'm getting!

"I have to admit that I've not actually listened to the album for ages, and I keep putting it off. I'm actually scared of doing so. I know what I'm like. I'll hear what we did back then, and start thinking, 'You know what? This could have been done better, and that can be improved.' But I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and do it soon.

"A lot of bands have been playing one of their classic albums from beginning to end onstage recently. DEEP PURPLE did it with 'Machine Head' and SLAYER with 'Reign in Blood'. It's something people really seem to be into, and I'm sure DIO fans are going to love it. And it's not as if it'll be a massive departure for us we do a lot of the songs live anyway. The 'Holy Diver' album will just be a part of the whole live experience on the tour."

There are plans for DIO to both film and record this landmark event, but it won't happen on the British tour. Rather, they're going to do this in Russia.

"We're gonna be spending a month out there, and decided that's where the filming and recording would happen. That's not meant to be any slight to our British fans at all. But to go on tour in Russia is a special event in itself."

Old Jul-10-2005, 2:30 AM

UK

Curses! I was hoping he'd film the Nottingham show, where the Great one will be in attendance. Can't complain though - Queen and Paul Rodgers filmed Sheffiled while I was there so that was a nice surprise!

JG

James Gaden's Sig:"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"

www.solitaryvision.co.uk www.jamesgaden.co.uk www.myspace.com/jamesgaden
Old Jul-10-2005, 6:48 AM

Finland

Icon37 DVDs

Hi,
It is nice to notice that Ronnie's camp has noticed that it is good to film things...still waiting for that Live Evil video/DVD...

Hopefully Iommi/Hughes shows will be filmed and recorded too!

T

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
2005, album, albums, bands, debut, Deep Purple, tour, Video