g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun-18-2005, 9:28 AM

USA

Icon33 Purple/Montrose in five days

Just had to say I had the chance to see DP and Montrose within five days of one another. rarely does one get such a greaqt chance to see two of the top performers of our genre in such a short time.

Purple played at "Rib America" in Pittsburgh, PA to a raucus crowd of about 12,000 on Saturday (6/11). Unfortunately, the set did not include Burn which thoroughly disappointed me, but the band was in fine form and rocked with endless energy. Ian Gillan still has some great 'pipes', and Ian Paice was his usual, brilliant self.

Then on Thursday, Montrose played in St. Pete, FL. There were maybe 200 people in attendance, which was a shame, since Ronnie was at his best. The intimate gathering allowed me right to the front and hearing the guitar direct from his amps with no echo or loss from the sound system in the theater. Afterwards, Ronnie came out and talked with anyone who hung around and signed anything you had. Very personable man who really appreciates his fans. An absolutely magnificent night of music.

After seeing two great bands give big time performances, I can only hope that Glenn will do some US shows in the near future and give me and my wife an excuse to take some time to see a few shows. SInce it looks like he will not be doing the WMMO (Orlando) benefit as in the past, I just keep hoping one day I'll jump here and see a new set of dates listed.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
bands, glenn, guitar