g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs Schedule details & Transcripts from Fan CHAT sessions.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar-23-2005, 6:38 PM

USA

Icon20 CHAT transcript - March 23rd, 2005

There's also an ASCII text file version attached to this message (see below), if you want to save it to disk or if you'd like to Print the transcript, be sure and use Thread Tools/Show Printable Version from the Toolbar above.

CHAT transcript - March 23rd, 2005

David: Hello everyone!

Pete S.: Hi David

David: Hi Pete, how are you?

Pete S.: not too bad tanx...and you?

David: Good. Still getting over those gigs - blinders, eh!!

Pete S.: oh man...fantastic...i see Glenn's got a day off today

Pete S.: i don't know how he protects his voice!

David: Yeah, sounds like he needs one - a bout of food poisioning saw the Austria gig cancelled !!

Pete S.: dam...bet that was frustrating....prob. wasn't 100% after that

Pete S.: took a few days eh?

David: yeah - last few gigs are in Cyprus, Greece and Turkey - now there I could see getting a dicky tummy

Pete S.: lol

David: Hi Gabi

Gabi: hey guys it's Gabi.

Pete S.: hi Gabi

David: Hi

Gabi: Glenn is really sick. He has food poisoning

Pete S.: Gabi...how are you?

Pete S.: thats a downer

Gabi: He went to a hospital yesterday and they wanted to give him an IV of electrolytes and when he saw the needle he said "NO WAY". So they gave him something to take without any needles.

Gabi: So he is sleeping - or at least trying to. I hope he gets better soon. 3 other guys are sick too - I don't know if it is band or crew members.

Pete S.: how long will it likely last Gabi

Gabi: I have no idea.

David: jesus! I was just saying I could understand if it happened in Cyprus, Greece or Turkey, but not Italy of all places!! I've had a few bad kebabs in my lifetime!!

Pete S.: yep they've strong stomachs there

Gabi: I know. But hey - maybe someone didn't wash the caprese.

Gabi: the "crap-prese"

Pete S.: Before the illness...how was Glenn's voice Gabi?

Pete S.: it's a long tour

Gabi: GREAT. Just great. He felt great. He said the shows in Germany were fantastic as the shows in Italy. I think it may have been Austria that actually gave him some bad food, but quite frankly, I dont know.

Gabi: The show I saw in Helsinki was fab. I am so bummed that I'm not seeing more because these new songs are SO GOOD LIVE!

Pete S.: hope he gets better quick....if you can pass that on please

Pete S.: fantastic in the UK

Gabi: I certainly will

Pete S.: Thanks

David: Yes, indeed - they're all winners live, it's so cool that everyone is singing along to them too, like they've been around for ever - hopefully we'll get more new ones added from now on

Pete S.: the new stuff was amazing and well recieved by the crowd...he was rocking!

Gabi: Glenn wrote these songs so that he could perform them live.

Gabi: I guess that would be the key to the whole thing now!

David: Everyone's got fingers and toes crossed for just that

Pete S.: Yeah and to open the show with the new one was excellent

David: It's so cool to walk into Circuit City and see the album on the rack!

Gabi: FINALLY!

Pete S.: Hey the press (esp.classic rock) have been positive which is what Glenn deserves

David: Sorry Pete, that's an American "super store" type thing - its' a very big deal for us over here!

Pete S.: oh i see...cheers...thats great!

Gabi: Yes, he got a good review in Classic Rock I see. That made me happy. Glenn too, of course.

Pete S.: I bet

Gabi: It looks like the version of "Nights In White Satin" that Glenn, Chad & John did is going to be in the movie "Stealth", starring Jamie Fox and also on the soundtrack. Coming out in july.

Pete S.: hey that's cool.....things are rollin'

David: Yeah, found the trailer to that the other day, but no background music playing, probably will have to wait near the time. Also great timing with Jamie Foxx just getting an Oscar the other week!! Should be a bigger audience than might otherwise have gone to see the movie!

Pete S.: will there be a release?

Pete S.: soundtrack

David: The Zep tune is for "Lords Of Dogtown" now, right? Or not?

Gabi: Usually when they do trailers they just hire a music co. to do that music for ads only.

Gabi: I don't know what is going on with the Zep tune. Haven't heard any feedback.

David: By the way, Gabi - next time you talk to Chad, please thank him for us for spending so much time on the site, answering questions and throwing some tidbits out there - he's a real character

Gabi: For me personally, this one is more exciting. Glenn's spin on this song gives me a giant goosebump.

David: Look forward to hearing it!

Gabi: Chad and his wife are off to the doctor right now. I think she is having her baby. I mean, SHE doesn't think she is, BUT I told her she is! (What do I know)!

Pete S.: panic!!!

David: Wow, so it'll be awhile before we hear from him again

Gabi: I spoke to our buddy Kevin DuBrow yesterday. He just got back from Bogota. He misses Big Daddy too.

Gabi: and I spoke to our buddy Lou Carrier today. Waiting to see what fab thing he is going to do next.

David: Yeah, they did all the far and away South American cities, right? Bet they're playing stadiums down there too. Sounds familiar, eh!

Gabi: Anyone else you need an update on before my boss walks in? haha

David:

Gabi: Quiet Riot is doing great right now. i am glad for them. it looks like they will be playing LA on June 18th.

Pete S.: how big are their crowds now?

Gabi: Kevin said they had a stadium with 10,000 people in bogota

Pete S.: that's big!!!

David: Did Lou need some downtime?

Gabi: Lou has some other offers in the hotel industry and a possible relocation that he wants to do. He wanted some down time cuz he has been workin' his ass off there for 8 years

David: Yeah, figured as much, he sounded frazzled last time we spoke!

Gabi: Yeah, he wants to go to France and Switzerland and visit some friends and then get back to work. He is a great guy. i will miss him there, but i look forward to seeing him wherever his next place is.

David: Back to Glenn!! So Glenn finishes things out in Turkey. Sounds like there might be a second leg later in the Summer in Europe? Any news on the USA end?

Gabi: Glenn comes home April 4th. Then he SAYS he isn't doing anything all month.

Pete S.: i'm not surprised!!1

Gabi: I think he has some things lined up in May, June July - like weekend festival things in Europe - I don't know all the countries and as far as I know nothing is confirmed

David: oki-doke

Gabi: and then he wants to try and do America in the Summer but the thing is, he really needs to open for someone and it has to be the right band.

Pete S.: Gabi - will you be in the UK next time Glenn is?

Pete S.: touring

Gabi: There is talk of stuff booking through October but nothing confirmed.

David: Everyone's afraid to have him on the bill !! The result will be obvious!

Gabi: I'm dyin' for a UK fix, I have a serious jones for Harrods right now but i dont' know when i will be there next.

David:

Gabi: The band he opens for has to be more modern and confident in what they do and see Glenn as a good fit for them - I mean, I can't have him open for Dokken, if you know what i mean.

Gabi: am i allowed to say that?

Pete S.: ok here

Gabi: no reflection on Dokken, I am just talkin' marketing here.

David: Oh yes, we hear 'ya!

David: How about Audioslave - they're about to go out on a long trek - perfect I would think.

Gabi: All the audiences in this tour have been having a LOT of younger fans which is really good. It means new people are listening.

Gabi: I agree totally.

David: If only it was that easy, eh!!

Pete S.: and made me feel old...lol

Gabi: right.

Gabi: If it was up to me it would be no problem!

David:

David: How does the Iommi/Hughes thing fit into the mix?

David: It sounds huge, do u think it's 2006 project?

Gabi: That would have to happen when Tony is done with Sabbath.

Gabi: It can all happen - there is enough time. It is just getting it all coordinated and organized and shows booked and people committed etc.

Gabi: Crikey my head hurts just thinking about the logistics. Glad I don't have to be in charge of that one.

David: Yeah, that makes sense - i haven't heard it, but Glenn's description of it, really bodes well and for sure dedicating time just for that alone.

Gabi: It is really cool stuff. It is great. Glenn, Tony & Kenny are fantastic together. Kenny is a great drummer too.

Gabi: He and Chad are the best.

Gabi: I have known Kenny longer than i have known Glenn!

Gabi: I have been trying to get them to play together for years and finally it happens.

David: Credit, duly noted

Gabi: Where the hell are all those crazy chicks like Kat and Ann? Do these people all have jobs?

Gabi: Gotta go, back to work!

David: Bye Gabi!!!

Pete S.: ...yep, bye!

Pete S.: hey the screen saver is great

David: looks like you'll have plenty of chances to see GH again this year

David: thanks

Pete S.: yep...we're getting the cake...coming over?

Pete S.: ah we talked about that at Rio's

David: doubt it

David: maybe nearer the end of the year, playing it by ear.

David: did you visit Germany yet?

Pete S.: ok...hey what was the Northampton venue like.....Germany not yet...

Pete S.: more like summer

David: ah, ok - keep us in the loop look forward to hearing you stuff.

David: As for Northampton - a great venue

Pete S.: cheers mate...will do

Pete S.: new?

David: nicely air-conditioned - bar area separate from the show floor - very comfortable and the best sound out of all the gigs we attended.

David: the inside looks new - think someone said less than 1 year - but the building is older.

Pete S.: excellent....a guy i work with used to live there

David: and within walking distance to the hotel bar!!!

Pete S.: ha ha slurp!

Pete S.: so the best sound...loudest too?

David: there was a weddning party that night, so the bar was open until everyone was done! I hit the sack about 3am, JJ and Kjell were still at it after that!!!

David: no, wouldn't say loudest, but clearest, no distortion/feedback - just right. But all the gigs were far better than I've seen him before - they have a new sound engineer, he really made a difference, which is saying alot, especially if you've ever been to JB's and you know about the Rio!

Pete S.: hey sorry about not sending gig photo's...pics were crap.....your camera looks a fine piece of excellence

David: place was packed

Pete S.: good

David: no problem re pix.

David: We got a new camera about a year ago, still getting used to all the settings for gig pix!!

Pete S.: hey you did a great job

David: wouldn't have to worry about all that if we saw him at an outdoor day-time festival !!!

David: lights, camera, action

Pete S.: oh yes....that would be fantastic...lol

Pete S.: ok mate better go...say 'ello to Shirean and take care to you both

David: ok, will do - thanks for stopping by, looks like everyone else is working hard

Pete S.: yeah.....well it's about time i came back ....see you buddy

David: yeah, where's Grace and James G !?!?!

David: see u next time.

Pete S.: cheers mate...will do

David: The next CHAT is on Wednesday, April 20th, 2005 at the usual time, 1:00PM PST.

David: Bye for now.
Attached Files
File Type: txt chat032305.txt (11.4 KB, 9 views)
Old Mar-24-2005, 8:12 AM

UK

Sickness

The others who are sick were Thomas and JJ who were starting with heavy colds/flu when I left them.
Old Mar-24-2005, 1:42 PM

USA

Dang, sorry I missed saying Hi to Gabi! Let her know I said hello back. I was busy putting together an interview for an up and coming R&B singer tomorrow. I have too much work to do lately, it is interfering with my chat time!
Old Mar-24-2005, 7:44 PM

USA

Post Notes from rural Charleston WV....

I got out of class and back to the motel a bit too late to get in for the chat..Usually I work evenings and am not home during the late afternoon....

And I hope all the guys get over their respective ailments soon...which reminds me, David....That crack you made about the Italian meatballs will probably result in an axe crashing through your front door fairly soon...and you better have your eyes peeled when walking through an airport!!

It is such great news to hear that so many young fans are showing up at the gigs....the message is getting out!!

What a year it is shaping up to be.....

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Mar-25-2005, 7:15 PM

USA

zeppidty do dah

i got word today david that misty mountain is not going to be on the lords movie...couldnt get a clearance answer from jimmy page in time sooo...there you go. same people at sony who love it, along with nights in tight panties...might surface somewhere else. i'll make it happen. the big daddy assualt must continue!
Old Mar-26-2005, 8:17 AM

USA

Icon49

Originally Posted by captmidnite1962
......which reminds me, David....That crack you made about the Italian meatballs will probably result in an axe crashing through your front door fairly soon...and you better have your eyes peeled when walking through an airport!!

Hey Captain,
It looks like you are not only good looking,
(a "non-ugly GHCP") but SMART, too.

The nerve of some people, insulting "THE MEATBALLS OF ITALY"

(OOPS....I better change topics, in case David has ever seen
"The Godfather" movies and starts to get really scared.)

PS.........I love the line from that movie: "If my son Michael is hit
by a bolt of lightening, I will blame the people in this room."

Grace
Old Mar-27-2005, 5:57 AM

USA

hey you guys cool out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grace im proud of those meatballs too ( my sons name is vito he is named after my wifes father who passed away when she was seven) just remember that part of that pride is being tough enough to take it p.s my favorite is the GODFATHER II when robert dinero leans over the old don and tells him " im vito andolini and this is for you!!!"
Old Mar-27-2005, 8:39 AM

USA

Careful with that axe Grace!!

Fear not Tony..

I know Grace was just playing with David..you WERE playing..weren't you Grace???
*ducking swinging axe*

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Mar-27-2005, 2:47 PM

USA

Icon49

Hey Tony,
My FAVORITE scene in "The Godfather" is when
Clemenza (I think) gives his secret recipe for gravy.
(Uhhhhh...that's spaghetti sauce to all non-Italians.)

The sad answer, Captain, is that YOU WILL NEVER KNOW,
until it's too late.........heh, heh, heh.
Old Mar-27-2005, 2:55 PM

USA

Icon49 Pretty good one........

Originally Posted by soulmover

Subject: ZEPP -idty do dah

.....couldnt get a clearance answer from jimmy page in time sooo...there you go.

EXCELLENT, soulmover.
You almost slipped this one past us.

Hey, IN THE FUTURE, if the drum kit gets lost in transit,
and Glenn's Manne bass guitar still isn't sounding right,
you two guys could do a stand up comedy routine together.
Or you could help Glenn sell ice cream after the show.

Grace
Old Mar-27-2005, 5:01 PM

USA

yes grace it almost did get by - its dissapointing news chad but at the same time im glad to see that glenn has a true friend like you in his corner ( thank you for all the info)-

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Share Thread

Tags
2005, 2006, album, bass, classic rock, David, Gabi, GHCP, glenn, guitar, Pix, press, Shirean, win