g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures > Video

Video Got movie clips? Place them here, along with your gig Report!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb-19-2005, 8:20 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Icon34 Northampton Pix, Clip & Review

Just a very brief review....it's late A great venue in all regards....sound was perfect again as it has been throughout the entire UK leg of the tour and the band was on fire with even Kjell hitting the high notes on some of the songs

No FFF CD.....seems you lucky folks in Europe will be blessed with the first editions of both the GH and JJ Marsh CD's! No worries, they'll both be made available here and elsewhere soon enough....look out for some soundbytes from JJ's new one in a couple of days.

It was great to meet up with so many GHCP's this evening....Wolfysmith, Steve H, Top Cat plus Mike from New Jersey....despite the incident with the bus

Here are a couple of pix from The Roadmender gig in Northampton this evening, plus a final bonus snippet from the UK leg of the Soul Mover tour - enjoy

Attached Files
File Type: mov nhampton021905.mov (8.97 MB, 114 views)
Old Feb-19-2005, 11:22 PM

Canada

Okay, so what exactly is the deal with Glenn's Manne bass guitars? Still not fixed?? Those things looked incredible, it's a shame he's not playing them right now.
Old Feb-19-2005, 11:27 PM

UK

Hi David
Wow.......I'll have to try & get up even earlier to catch you out when you haven't posted a gig review yet ! Thanks for the early pics & review (again!!).
I forgot about the pics of Charles & HRH,the Queen on Tomas' drum kit - is he a staunch Royalist, do you think ?
Cheers
Ben
Old Feb-20-2005, 1:48 AM

Sweden

the deal is that Big Daddy is more pleased with a good old fender jazzbass.
You can´t blame him, can you

Manne sounds great in the studio but Fender makes it better on stage
Old Feb-20-2005, 8:12 AM

zUKUSA

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ben:
Wow.......I'll have to try & get up even earlier to catch you out when you haven't posted a gig review yet !

Yeah, was up late enjoying the Northampton nightlife, but managed to get them on the site before catching some shut-eye
Old Feb-20-2005, 11:43 AM

UK

Well then?As previously mentioned,this was my first ever Glenn gig and I can say that it was such a fantastic experience.My daughter and I were right at the front(my daughter had a few smiles from the man himself).superb set,great sound and overall a quality show.What really stood out for me was that Glenn and the band really enjoyed themselves and,as pointed out several times elsewhere,seems very humble and down to earth

This show was much more than I could have hoped for and all in all a brilliant experience for us both.

I have attached a few pics from last night.Ihope they are OK.I shall treasure them for ever.

John.
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
P1010018.jpg   P1010011.jpg   P1010013.jpg   P1010014.jpg   P1010032.jpg   P1010016.jpg  

Old Feb-20-2005, 11:44 AM

UK

Even better than Dudley!

What a great show. As David said, the venue and sound were excellent. I could actually hear the keyboards during the songs and not just the quiet bits or intros.

For me this was a better all round performance than JB's, mainly because Thomas, JJ and Glenn were more relaxed but more confident of the songs. Thomas really gave it some power (as always ) but also a lot more fills and whizzes round the kit.
Chad is really gonna have to be good to impress me if he ever makes it over here with Glenn. No disrespect Soulmover, i love your sound and tight snare "snap" but Thomas is THE man live on the heavy songs. JJ also cut out his new electronic box of tricks from almost the whole show. The intro to Misreated was the standard Blackmore one rather than the "wierd noises " one at JB's. Again, he was putting in more little runs and fills here and there. And GH - well what else but

Medusa was AWESOME Longer than ive heard it before. A bit more in the middle and a lot more at the end.
Orion got a big cheer after just the first Der Der DUM. This song just gets better with every listen. And as for High Road, this could make No1 if a "big" artist did it. Dont let me Bleed was another great song.
They were all great In fact this is the best album & best setlist Glenn has EVER done. The setlist could have even more from SM if he wanted.
If only they also had room for Written All Over Your Face.
I could rant on all day about how great it was but i dont want to get you guys and gals over the pond in the USA too jealous. Grace, just ask Chip if it was worth it

It was great to meet Heavyload and SteveH and his lovely wife Sharon.
The only downer was being kicked out by security at 11.15pm straight after the show. I tried to find you David but you vanished into the night!

Even though both bands were staying at the same hotel as me i never saw them apart from having a quick chat with Bobby R. in the afternoon when i bumped into him at reception. When we came down for breakfast i was told they had already left

I didnt get many decent photos as i wasnt in too good a position but i did get a nice one of SteveH's hand
DSCN0601.JPG   DSCN0603a.JPG   DSCN0605a.JPG   DSCN0623a.JPG   DSCN0626a.JPG  

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Feb-20-2005, 1:19 PM

UK

What i forgot to say was that the band were all tired as the night before the show the fire alarm had gone off and they all had to hang around outside for over an hour in the middle of the night. A woman in the sauna told my wife if was cos someone had broken into one of the roadies rooms and started a fire Apparently they were with "some guy who used to be in Deep Purple"

Dont know just how near the actual truth that is tho

Also was told this morning that Glenn's room was double booked and he ended up staying at the Hilton instead.

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Feb-20-2005, 2:06 PM

UK

Another great show.... in Northampton

Big Daddy definitely made Northampton a better place to be on Saturday night. great meeting Wolfysmith, David and everybody else at the Roadmender The sound quality was amazing, its not very often you hear keyboards so clearly with a rock band. Both band and crowd were clearly enjoying themselves. Nice little venue. I think the new songs have gone down really well during the UK leg of the tour, only once did I hear someone shout out "Getting Tighter" on Saturday, I think if anybody came down to the gig on Saturday just to hear Deep Purple songs, they would have been more than happy to hear songs from Soul Mover whether they've got the CD or not. Soul Mover is a great opener, Orion seems to implant that riff so deeply as to wake me up as an alarm call the morning after hearing it! Land of the Living is one of the highlights of the current set for me. JJ's guitar and Glenn's bass churning out that riff together - really powerful stuff.

"Don't Let Me Bleed" really sounded good on Saturday. I don't think the band wanted "Burn" to end!! Continental Europe's got a great show coming their way Enjoy it as much as we in Blighty have HeavyLoad Rob & Hippy Karen.
Old Feb-20-2005, 3:28 PM

USA

Cool Thanks for sharing!!

It has been really cool to read all the reviews and see all the pictures that all of you have supplied for the last 10 days....I wasn't up there front of stage like many of you..but I sure felt like it sometimes!!

All you folks on the Continent better get ready...sounds like this band is primed and fully stoked to blow you away!! And hopefully the Freak Flag Flying CD and JJ's solo album will soon be available too!

Here's hoping that us Yanks will get to experience Glenn and the guys this summer!!

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Feb-21-2005, 10:52 AM

UK

Really good gig - not quite the best I've seen Glenn do, but pretty much up there in the top 3 or 4 - and that's a compliment btw!!!! Woulda liked to hear some real Glenn funk...but, hey, can't have everything!!!

Originally Posted by bc
the deal is that Big Daddy is more pleased with a good old fender jazzbass.
You can´t blame him, can you

Manne sounds great in the studio but Fender makes it better on stage

Although a similar shape to a JB, it wasn't actually a Fender he played in Nhampton....

Was good to (briefly) see you again David - nice vid - you can see the back of Jane's head a few times towards the end! (And nice pix all!) Jane (first time at a Glenn gig) enjoyed it but only wants to see him again if he does a lot more funk!!!

Here's a cuppla my pix....

love

TC

PS Sorry Tarq - as David said, no CD....
Roadmender19.02.05 020.jpg   Roadmender19.02.05 027.jpg   Roadmender19.02.05 038.jpg   Roadmender19.02.05 046.jpg   Roadmender19.02.05 062.jpg   Roadmender19.02.05 087.jpg  

Old Feb-21-2005, 11:31 AM

UK

This was our 5th GH gig and definitely the most exhilerating. Loved the venue and would recommend Roadmender to anybody. It was a tiny little den of rock and roll mayhem. Fantastic to meet David and Wolfysmith (Sharon says hi) and really enjoyed talking to people that understand what i'm burbling on about!.

Can't really add to whats already been said except I agree Wolfy, Medusa was the best yet. Look forward to the next gig maybe with Mr. Iommi.

PS Sorry about getting my hand in the way of your photos, wolfy. I think I got a little too excited, helped along by Kronenburg and Carlsberg Export
Old Feb-21-2005, 7:15 PM

zUKUSA

Talking

Quote:
steveh:
I think I got a little too excited, helped along by Kronenburg and Carlsberg Export

At least you kept your knickers on, unlike the person at the Bradford gig

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures > Video

Share Thread

Tags
album, bands, bass, David, Deep Purple, freak flag flying, GHCP, GHPG.net, glenn, guitar, JJ Marsh, Pix, solo, solo album, soul mover, tour