g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures > Video

Video Got movie clips? Place them here, along with your gig Report!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb-12-2005, 8:27 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Icon34 Bradford Pix, Clip & Review

Here are a couple of pictures from the gig at Bradford Rio last night, plus a short bonus attached for you Setlist was as at Dudley the night before. The sound from a venue perspective was a lot better this evening. The crowd was just as enthusiastic as at JB's and practically everyone was singing along with the new songs. Glenn even had his first stage jumper and a little later the first pair of underwear appeared on the stage!! Papa "Joe" took it in his stride
Attached Files
File Type: mov bradford021205.mov (5.61 MB, 179 views)
Old Feb-12-2005, 10:30 PM

UK

Thanks David - fantastic pictures!!

Weissheim's Sig:cheers
John
Old Feb-13-2005, 12:07 AM

UK

Hi David
Great to get these pics so soon after the event!! Thanks!
Can you confirm when Glenn got on stage last night? Was concerned that it was 10:30pm at Dudley - if its going to be a 'regular thing' means I will get a max of 30 mins in London before having to catch my train.
Cheers
Ben
Old Feb-13-2005, 1:33 AM

UK

Unfortunately Glenn didn't hit the stage until 10.30pm again! It seemed to take forever for the Lizards's equipment to be set up then there were a few problems with the drumkit being picked up through the microphones before Glenn got to the stage. I got the feeling that the road crew were as frustrated as some of the crowd at the delay. When Glenn did hit the stage it was well worth the wait as he was on blistering form!!!! He spent time between songs explaining where his career was going and hinting there were lots of exciting things on the horizon. He seemed very humbled that his fans had taken the journey with him!
Old Feb-13-2005, 2:03 AM

USA

Icon34 Awesome Pics!!!

Thanks For Sending Them Out.....wish I Was There !!!!

ENGLAND KICKS ASS !!! AND SO DOES GLENN...HOPE YOU AND SHIREAN HAVE A FUN TRIP....................
Old Feb-13-2005, 3:29 AM

UK

Icon34 Bradford Rios 12.02.05 Review And Pix

Sheer class my friend said to me and he was right what a great performance and good to hear the new SOUL MOVER songs, Glenn was on fine form ,yes he got his first stage diver too Highes for me After the flood, Where ever you go ,Burn and dont let me bleed ,Medusa and too many more to mention .

I had problems with my camera but here goes until the next time .

SILVERFOX........... oh and I got to shake Glenns hand
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
GLENN HUGHES BRADFORD RIO 12.02.2005 001.jpg   GLENN HUGHES BRADFORD RIO 12.02.2005 010.jpg   GLENN HUGHES BRADFORD RIO 12.02.2005 014.jpg   GLENN HUGHES BRADFORD RIO 12.02.2005 018.jpg   GLENN HUGHES BRADFORD RIO 12.02.2005 020.jpg  
Old Feb-13-2005, 3:53 AM

UK

Icon34 Bradford Rios 12.02.05 Review And Pix

David your pix and video footage are great I was there last night what a gig some kind person let me get nearer the stage to take some photos I turned and said thanks to the left of the stage was it you ? anyway everyone was there united the atmosphere was very warm I,m sure this tour will be a great success only wish I could go to more shows .

Phil ( SILVERFOX )
Old Feb-13-2005, 4:46 AM

UK

I have seen Glenn many times including all his shows at the Rio and last night was one of the best. After a long wait the band and crowd really got into the music including the new songs. I wasnt sure about Orion but woke up this morning with it going through my head so it is definitely growing on me!

I wasnt too bothered about hearing Mistreated once again but Glenn did an excellent job with a vocal climax at the end which was just amazing and one only Glenn could ever achieve.

JJ used his "new toy" quite a bit and I was a bit unsure about it, as I think Glenn was at one stage! However, the whole band gave their all and it makes such a difference when you can see how much they enjoy it.

Looking forward to Sheffield when I was told by the Merch lady that they will have taken delivery of the FFF cds (initially in time for London).

See you there!
Old Feb-13-2005, 5:03 AM

UK

Thumbs up

David great attachment!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb-13-2005, 6:26 AM

UK

Thanks for the pics David, Nice to meet you both last night. Last night totally eclipsed Dudley for both sound and performance.
Very powerful and tight gig. Cant wait for Sheffield.
Old Feb-13-2005, 9:52 AM

Finland

Icon37 Set...

...Hi...how long is the set? 60-70 mins? I mean how long versions of songs Glenn is playing this time around...any jamming? Dance to Rock'n'roll anywhere?

T
Old Feb-13-2005, 11:40 AM

zUKUSA

Thumbs up Gigs

Nice to meet everyone last night - both old and new friends - also thanks for the additional pictures, they all look great.

Silverfox - yes, I believe that was me

Tero - the set runs around 90 minutes give or take a few. Some songs run 12+ mins others 5 or 6. No, on the Dance To Rock'n'Roll, but it's made up for with High Road, which really makes you move live

The only reason the shows have run late into the evening is due to having 3 bands on the bill plus the venues opening their doors at 8:00PM vs. 7:00PM. Lunarmile bid farewell to the tour after the London gig and it'll just be The Lizards and GLENN after that.

To reiterate......The Freak Flag Flyin' CD should be ready for purchase from London onwards. JJ's debut solo CD should be available once they reach Sweden. As for being able to purchase these off the tour, details will be made available soon. The focus was to have them available on the tour first. As we hear more, you'll hear it too
Old Feb-13-2005, 11:41 AM

UK

Great pictures David. I saw you snapping away there with a decent camera so I thought I'd complement them with some of these from behind the stage which I have now sent down the line. Here are my impressions of the first two gigs:-

I just returned home from Bradford. I am pleased to report that Glenn is in good voice, chosen a really well balanced set and the band are performing tremendously well. It all sounds like PR speak doesn't it it? Well the fact is that it's all true. It was great to meet David, Shirean, Wolfy and Chip at Dudley.

Set list:-

Soul Mover -what an opener
Orion - nice contrast
Land Of The Livin' - wasn't my fave on Soul Mover but does the biz live
Mistreated - Glenn's vocal is nothing short of miraculous
Can't Stop The Flood - now watch out for this one. It moves withg passion
Let It Go - my favourite from Soul Mover which translates brilliantly live. An emotional tour de force.
High Road - Da funk and da rock movin and groovin
Medusa - these Trapeze songs stand up so well still
Don't Let Me Bleed - a spiritual high wonderfully excuted by the band
Wherever You Go - a surprising choice but again springs to life under the lights

Encore:
Seventh Star - I went to bed with this one ringing in my ears - stands up live with all time classics such as Kashmir,Stargazer and Perfect Strangers IMHO
Burn - what can I say? More energy,feeling and fun than the original and a great gift for the audience.

I have to say it's very difficult to separate emotion from objectivity so I won't try. I think the reception of the audience said it all. Mistreated and Let it Go were for me the highlights of the set and I'd have paid the twelve quid just to see these. The new Soul Mover songs transfer well live and the title track has established itself as the set opener for a long time to come. High Road sends shivers down the spine because here you have the funk and rock blended in a groove from heaven. It's a fun song which contrasts well with the autobiographical intensity of the new modern classic Let it Go. The encores Seventh Star and Burn are hugely enjoyable versions and a nice combo of ancient Sabbath and Purple.

Glenn is talking more between songs and inviting the audience to share his journey and have fun doing it. That's what spring to mind. He doesn't want success for its own sake. he's done all that. he sincerely wants everyone to share it with him.

The consequence of this is that he puts in a top quality performance from the heart. The band respond in spades. JJ Marsh we know about from the albums and his guitar is contextual, his solos thoughtful. Tom Broman is dynamite on that kit and Kjell Haraldson creates the mood for Glenn to reach those soulful high spots. It's a truly beautiful experience and I mean that wholeheartedly. I hope people will echo my thoughts here. I will post up my pics on both sites later today.

The message is if you live in the UK get your arse down to Edinburgh, London, Norwich Sheffield or Northampton. You are in for a treat. There is no one in classic rock this standard live at the moment.
Old Feb-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Peter

Great news! Thank You all!
Old Feb-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Tony

Icon34

My first GH gig, what can I say, vocally he was amazing and a master of the bass. I left the gig buzzing. Glenn was not the only 1st class musician on stage, JJ's playing was so clean (and made to look easy) with a very impressive drummer and keyboardist completing the band.

Now know why he's referred to as the "Voice of Rock".

AMAZING.
Old Feb-13-2005, 1:31 PM

USA

Originally Posted by Tony
My first GH gig,
Now know why he's referred to as the "Voice of Rock".

Welcome to the club, Tony.............
Old Feb-13-2005, 2:18 PM

zUKUSA

Thumbs up More Bradford Pix

Thanks to Keith Thompson for more great pictures from Bradford on Saturday night

GLENN

JJ and GLENN

Tomas Broman

The Bradford GHCP's - I spy Shirean - who else is in there

JJ and Tomas joking around

Old Feb-14-2005, 1:57 AM
richandy

Some really good shots up here, nice one guys. This was my 7th Hughes show, he just gets better each time. JJ always impresses me. Reallly pleased with the set list, great that he has the confidence in the album to do 6 numbers.

Was able to meet up was loads of DPAS members, now thinking about going to Sheffield for another dose of Glenn on Thursday
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
DSC00353.JPG   DSC00362.JPG   DSC00420.JPG  
Old Feb-14-2005, 2:26 AM
richandy

David,

Some ace shots here, a bit embarrasing to see my son and I in the audience, but what the hell
Old Feb-18-2005, 7:31 AM

UK

Gret pix all & great vid David - thanx!!!! Hopefully see you in Northampton!

love

TC
Old Feb-19-2005, 2:44 PM
Rushy

Bradford Rio's

Hi everyone !

I'm a long time Glenn Fan but new to this forum site so be gentle with me!!

Superb show at Rio's on the 12th, Glenns best yet, no doubt because of the quality of the new material. Glenn mentioned after opening with three new songs he thought it was time to leave some of the classics behind and forge on with the new stuff. And why not when the new material is this good!

Glenn also said that we'd be seeing a lot more of him on T.V. and he'd be a lot busier this year!!.....??? He hasn't got the vacant bassist slot with Queen and Paul Rodgers has he .....? ( hope so....Blackmores wish come true at last!!)

Also spoke at length to JJ after the show!! What a really nice fella.....invited us to pull up a chair, share a drink and listened to our drunken ramblings!! Great ending to a memorable evening.

Also got some pics which I will post when the're developed (old fart system).

Cheers me dears

Rushy

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures > Video

Share Thread

Tags
1st, album, albums, bands, bass, classic rock, David, debut, GHCP, GHPG.net, glenn, guitar, JJ Marsh, journey, London, Pix, Shirean, solo, soul mover, tour, track, Trapeze, Video