g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Keepin' Time

Keepin' Time Are you a songwriter or musician influenced by Glenn and his music? If you'd like to share your own musical compositions with us - you can do so here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar-02-2004, 4:55 AM

UK

Arrow Dreams gone by...

Once upon a time I used to have aspirations of being a rockstar.. But soon realised I didn't have the talent. Anyway..Today I found an old demo and thought I would share this track with you all. Don't know if there are obvious Glenn influences barring the rhythm featuring my all time favourite 'coast to coast' chord.
Recorded in the 90's. I play gtr/vox The first ever release..
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 KeepinTime_I_Sometimes_Think.mp3 (1.84 MB, 5 views)
Old Mar-02-2004, 5:15 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Thanks for sharing - very trippy, good catchy chorus
Old Mar-02-2004, 1:37 PM

USA

Hmm.....Are you sure about that????? Quitting??? You have a unique voice, I like this song....With a comment like you made I thought I would hate it....but this is very good! This solo also does some wierd stuff that is non standard. There's some cool stuff on here. I think you would be an asset to a band.

John
Old Mar-02-2004, 2:15 PM

USA

Very good, Roonaldo. I liked it alot. Like David said, very trippy feel to it. Have any more demos you'd like to share?

Chip
Old Apr-20-2004, 8:12 PM

USA

Just as the artist has his sketchpad and the painter his easel, the musician has a small home studio that is his canvas to lay down his ideas....I really enjoyed you song Roonaldo...it reminded me of the work of my good friend John Williamson. John and I used to work together for United Airlines out in San Francisco. Before he was an aircraft mechanic, John had played in numerous bands in the Pacific Northwest, one of which,Alaska, cut some demos with Tim Gorman and were courted by several major labels..but for numerous reasons...didn't get that shot at the big time. And yes..I did ask him at the time (1989) if he had known about the Bernie Marsden group of the same name..I don't think he and his bandmates were aware of the British band.

John recorded demos of his songs on a 4-track recoder he had set up in his room..he would often bring a Walkman to work with his latest work in progress for us to listen to. He went through all his tapes and made a compliation for me as a gift when I moved back to NY in 1991. It was a group of his songs that he had cut over the years...and I loved that cassette! My tape player eventually got hungry and munched it..I was not pleased. I spoke to John last summer and he told me he had archived most of his old tapes onto CD's for safekeeping.

Listening to Roonaldo's song made me flash on that time..and that tape! Thanks Roonaldo!

Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford
Old May-04-2004, 4:47 AM

UK

Err.. I thought I should reply to all your kind words. However I really don't know what to write. Glad you like the track. Usually I sit and write music, but in this case I was playing around with the tape running and when I listened back the track was there in its entirety, lyrics an all. I suppose it is trippy, but there again I may have been on the herbals at the time

Edit (I once wrote a song for Glenn called voice for the world and gave him a copy in 93- a sort of Trapeze style ode to the voice, where I was wishing him well from all the bad times. I will never know if he listened to it and it was pretty poor, but at least he came good anyway. )

Thanks again all
Old Dec-10-2004, 1:29 AM
schreinermusic

Great stuff

Hey there,
this is great stuff what you wrote! You have to keep up that good work, mate! Personally, I like this mellowed down feeling very much and the unconventional solo part beside the chorus! Well composed!

take care,
Achim

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Keepin' Time

Share Thread

Tags
1989, 1991, bands, Coast to Coast, David, GHPG.net, glenn, solo, track, Trapeze