g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Reports & Pictures Post your reviews, pictures, video & set lists here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May-24-2003, 9:39 PM

USA

Icon33 Morgan Hill Review & Pix

24th Annual Mushroom Mardi Gras Festival - Morgan Hill, CA - Saturday, May 24th, 2003

Russ Birtola, Mike Rose (Wishbox) and GLENN

WOW - what can you say....GLENN blew everyone away with the VOICE!!

From the moment he stepped on stage and belted out Burn and Mistreated he had the crowd under his spell....then to top things off, a thunderous rendition of my personal favorite, Stormbringer. To close his short set....he wowed everyone with yet another awe inspiring version of Whiter Shade Of Pale.

Later he came on to lead the final band encore in the ever popular Smoke On The Water - the crowd were soaking up every vocal minute that GLENN was able to provide.

In attendance were lots of Hughes/Thrall, Trapeze and Purple era fans....most of which hadn't seen him live since the 80's and even earlier! We even ran into rick, a fellow Fan Forum member, plus said "Hi" to quite a few others who we hadn't met before.

With a longer setlist promised for our next visit with Big Daddy in Brookdale, CA - it made for a great day and upon our return home, Songs In The Key Of Rock, was sitting in our mail box You can't ask for much more, plus it's a 3-day weekend, so you know what I'll be listening too

GLENN and Pat Travers

Alex Ligertwood, GLENN, Pat Travers and Mike Rose (Wishbox)

Alex Ligertwood, GLENN, Pat Travers and Mike Rose (Wishbox)

The Crowd

Old May-25-2003, 1:00 PM

USA

Hello David & Shirean it was nice to meet you & thank you for the job you do here, Glenn is lucky to have such dedicated fans helping to promote his career. To meet Glenn was very cool & to see him live again was amazing! I look forward to the gig in 2 weeks & will bring a few of Glenn's CD's to get signed, not all of them though I think I have about 30 or so & do not want to look to greedy. How is Glenn still able to sing the way he does? Most of the singers from his era are shadows of there former selves. I was hoping Glenn's new CD would out by the next gig(domestic), maybe he will have some for sale there. Excellent photos by the way.

Also I would like to tip my hat to the Montrose band, they put on a solid show. I wonder how many people were a where of the Eric Singer, Glenn connection?

It was a great day of music, thanks to the Mushroom Festival.

Rick
Old May-25-2003, 5:34 PM

USA

Thank you for the great report and pictures.....That is a cool shirt!!!!!!!!
Nice to see someone playing my keyboard with GH,!!!!

JH
Old May-26-2003, 9:40 AM

Ireland

Maybe it's my overly hyper imagination, but if you look at the 8th picture down...but at a slightly different angle Glenn looks just like he did on the cover of the Trapeze album, You Are The Music...We're Just The Band from back in 1972

Like I said, it may be a stretch, but that's what popped into my head as soon as I saw it

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Share Thread

Tags
1972, 2003, album, cover, David, GHPG.net, glenn, Hughes/Thrall, Pix, Shirean, smoke on the water, Trapeze