View Single Post
Old Jan-02-2011, 9:35 AM

Netherlands

Hi Sigurd. Nice to have you on the forum. I like these kind of discussions between fans. It should happen more in 2011!
DP has made lot's of magical albums: In Rock, Machine Head (even better!), Fireball, Burn (Magical), Stormbringer (very soulfull and groundbreaking at that time, because of the combination of hardrock and soul). Come taste the band is also an DP album from a very high level. One of the best they ever made. Maybe a bit controversial in 1975, especially for the more conservative fans. I'm a huge Blackmore fan. Even Blackmore jr. I like a lot (Over the Rainbow and EBC ROXX). But Tommy Bolin was amazing. The album has grown through the years and now, it's definately one of the highlights in the hardrock genre. Very bluesy and horny It is such a pity that this line up didn't have the chance to make antother studio album, sad!

But apart from Deep Purple there are lot's of classic albums from ex DP, like Rainbow Rising, Whitesnake Love Hunter and Slide it in and I hope the new album Forevermore! GLENN with Sabbath (Seventh Star), GLENN with Gary Moore, GLENN SOLO and of course BCC!
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to willem For This Useful Post: