View Single Post
Old Aug-09-2010, 11:30 PM

Canada

Firstly, I'd like to say hello to all the existing forum members. I've only just signed up and this is my first post. I've been a Glenn Hughes fan since first hearing Deep Purple - Made in Europe when I was just eight years old in 1980. Since then I've followed most of his major and minor projects and seen him live many times in the UK (where I lived until 2006), from The Astoria in London to Wolverhampton Civic Hall. I'm a regular visitor to this site and very much enjoy the news updates and comments.

I think I share the excitement of most GH fans on the imminent BCC album and (hopefully) resultant tour. However, on downloading the One Last Soul track today, I must say that I was quite disappointed with the production (not the performances or song).

I've watched the You Tube videos on the BCC website regarding the approach to recording the album and understand that they chose to go with an accelerated recording process, mainly due to scheduling issues as I understand. While I appreciate this, I hope that the download version of One Last Soul is not the final cut, as the mix was poorly balanced IMHO. The guitar was well to the fore, but the vocals and rhythm section were not as clear and well placed in the mix as I would expect. I sincerely hope that this is the case, as if not, it would raise my concerns that Kevin Shirley is focusing too much on Joe B and not the band as a whole (I'm a big Bonamassa fan BTW, and therefore am not biased towards GH - in fact, I almost wet myself when I heard the BCC project was happening). I really hope that this project is allowed to become a true band, rather than just a vehicle for one or two but not all of the members.

That's all I have to say. Sorry for the ramble, but I am a genuine fan who wanted speak up. I may or may not post on this forum again, but I look forward to seeing you at a BCC or GH gig sometime soon.

Cheers!!!