View Single Post
Old Aug-17-2009, 8:59 AM

USA

Icon33

I really liked the last Whitesnake album. I thought it was a strong effort, and it played to the band's popular late 80's sound. Personally, I would have preferred something closer to 'Slide It In', which managed to juggle a hard edge with the band's bluesier leanings. That album, along with 'Ready An Willing' are Coverdale's best under the Whitesnake banner, if you ask me. And I wish he'd revisit that older material in concert, instead of pretending the band started in 1984.

BOC holds a special place in my heart, and like you I've seen them more times than I can count. Last time I saw them was about a year and a half ago. I saw two shows in a row, and there were only five songs that were repeated (for obvious reasons)- Godzilla, Reaper, Burnin' for You, Cities On Flame and ETI. I think the band does an exceptional job of keeping the setlist fresh for themselves and the fans. But there is material I wish they'd revisit that I doubt they'll ever do again for one reason or another.

I've thought the same about Glenn at times, but then I'll see that he's done a show where he pulls out some nugget from 'Seventh Star' or the 'Burn' album. So you never know...

Todd
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to toadsterama For This Useful Post: