View Single Post
Old Oct-27-2005, 9:10 AM

Austria

and another article on "Fused"

Here's an article I discovered recently when I sat through the support act of Arena in the foyer of Planet Music (the same venue HTP have played two times here in Vienna) in their own planet.tt magazine, May 2005 edition. It's in German, so I have included a rough translation. It won't go down into the archives as a legendary article, basically the interview questions are plain stupid, but it's good to see Glenn mentioned.

IOMMI
Fused & The Queen

On June 20th he is going to play Vienna Stadthalle with Black Sabbath. Only a month later (July 11th) his latest Solo-Album "Fused" (Sanctuary) will be released, again with Glenn Hughes on lead vocals. "And he's singing better than ever", Iommi says in the interview. On the other hand, Kenny Aronoff, a legend in his own right his roots in commercial and radio-orientated fields, is a first-timer in Metal. "He wanted it that way" says Iommi, not very talkative as it seems. Also when asked about his status as a legend and an icon for thousands of guitarists who put him into musical heaven next to other guitar-gods he only nods friendly "Yes I Know". Only when asked about his recent meeting with The Queen (of England that is) the dark master is showing a little sign of emotion, a small laugh, more a giggle included: "Yeah. Suddenly people that would never have given a **** are looking up to us. Quite funny..."

Cheers,
Christian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IOMMIPLANETT.jpg (67.5 KB, 7 views)