View Single Post
Old Jul-23-2012, 2:34 PM

Germany

Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, coming soon

It is part of a new tribute CD, called "Re-Machined", in commemoration of Deep Purple's "Machine Head" album, which is celebrating it's 40th anniversary.

It will see a release in a month or two.

- Smoke On The Water – Carlos Santana / Jacoby Shaddix
- Highway Star – Chickenfoot
- Maybe I’m A Leo – Glenn Hughes / Chad Smith
- Pictures of Home – Black Label Society
- Never Before – Kings of Chaos
- Smoke On The Water – The Flaming Lips
- Lazy – Jimmy Barnes with Joe Bonamassa
- Space Truckin’ – Iron Maiden
- When A Blind Man Cries – Metallica
- Highway Star – Steve Vai, Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith, Lauchlan Doley

More @ http://fb.me/1SrSpYyca and www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/classic-rock-to-launch-deep-purple-fanpack/

Yes, I just discovered that big announcement on Classic Rock as well and pre-ordered the magazine with the CD. It will include the last interview with Jon Lord that was already described on Classic Rock online. The release is September 4, 2012.

I'm a bit sceptical about "Smoke On The Water" by "The Flaming Lips" because I never heard of them. But therefor this song and "Highway Star" are twice on the CD. Handsome for Chad, maybe he only needed to play his drums once for this song...
Great to see "When A Blind Man Cries" on it as well. I bet it will be performed great by Metallica, I love this song.

Now this CD is a tribute to the original "Machine Head", shall one of the "Highway Star" versions still be a tribute to Jon Lord? I didn't read anything like that on Classic Rock yet?

It's just a pity that other ex-members of DP aren't involved. It would have been great if Jon Lord could have made his last appearance here but his last solo album will also be released in September, so there's a lot of good music coming out shortly, never mind BCC in October...

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...