View Single Post
Old Feb-02-2020, 2:57 AM

Germany

Thanked 1,428 Times in 815 Posts
Quote:
Q. And now Glenn Hughes has taken over bass and vocal duties. Him joining the band had to be mind-blowing.

A. “Dude, I’ve always known him as a bass player, but to be in a room with that man, and the tone he gets … the bass tone and the way he attacks a bass is like a drummer’s paradise, bro. He locks it. It’s like a glove. I’ve only played with three or four bassists that do that. One is Geezer Butler of course. Jack is another, and now I can add Glenn to the list. He’s just a monster. He’s got his own pocket, and you can just kind of fit right in with it. And the voice, I mean, come on. It’s like, ‘How do you do that at 67 years old? How are you nailing it like this?’ He’s a freak of nature!”

Q. Was there an adjustment period with Glenn’s arrival?

A. “The adjustment wasn’t as hard as we thought it might be, because Glenn’s an icon. I definitely wanted to step up my game. It wasn’t even really an audition when he showed up. We played four or five songs, and it was like, ‘Yep. Him joining is a no-brainer.’ I love and I miss (original bassist) Marco (Mendoza) and (original vocalist) John (Corabi) a lot. I love those guys to death, but Glenn definitely has fit his way in really well. It feels great and sounds great, and I’m excited to go on the road.”

From a recent interview with Deen Castronovo

www.webisjericho.com/an-interview-with-deen-castronovo-revolution-saints-the-dead-daisies

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post: