View Single Post
Old Dec-06-2009, 9:54 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,850 Times in 2,721 Posts
You can now pre-order the luxury "Deluxe" limited edition of Glenn's book direct from the publisher.

The book title is: The Life, Near Death and Rebirth of A Rock Star: Deep Purple & Beyond

Please keep in mind, the price of this edition will also include:
Quote:
a personal signed note of thanks from Glenn on special notepaper, plus an invitation as Glenn's guest to special gigs in Europe and North America and the opportunity to meet him.

[ Pre-Order Now ]

Good news for those in North America, sounds like you're on the cards for 2010

When and if I hear more on the publication details, such as a regularly priced edition, you'll see it on the web site.

Here's the official pre-order notice...

Quote:
'The Life, Near Death and Rebirth of A Rock Star: Deep Purple & Beyond' by Glenn Hughes

***PRE-ORDERS NOW AVAILABLE*** Legendary singer and bassist Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE) will be releasing his autobiography in 2010. The book, co-written with Joel McIver and featuring an introduction by METALLICA’s Lars Ulrich, will appear in a luxury first edition complete with rare photos and an exclusive 10” vinyl EP.“My autobiography is going to be a literary event. I’ve been working on this book for the last three years and you’ve never read anything like it. It’s the true story of the Voice Of Rock, from my childhood via my career in TRAPEZE and DEEP PURPLE to my addiction and recovery. I’m now on top of the world as a solo artist and after so many years of sobriety, I can hardly believe that I survived. I spent a million dollars on cocaine and, when you’ve read this book, you won’t believe it either” – Glenn Hughes, Los Angeles, November 2009

The book features contributions from Glenn’s friend and comrade in DEEP PURPLE David Coverdale, his lifelong musical collaborator Tony Iommi of BLACK SABBATH and a host of others including Angie Bowie, John Varvatos and the members of THE KLF (with whom he scored a global hit in 1991).

Only 400 sets of the ‘Regular Edition’ and only 100 sets of the ‘Deluxe Edition’ will ever be made.

Due to overwhelming demand we are giving fans the opportunity to pre-order the Deluxe Edition of Glenn Hughes' autobiography ‘The Life, near Death and Rebirth of A Rock Star: Deep Purple & Beyond'.

Only 100 copies of this edition will ever be made. Each copy will be hand bound in white satin, a reference to the suit Glenn wore at California Jam in 1974. Each numbered book will be signed by Glenn Hughes. The book will be accompanied by an especially recorded 10″ record pressed on white vinyl and authenticated with a hologram. Again, only 100 of these records will ever be sold. The entire set will be presented in a handmade solander box with a numbered facsimile tour laminate and other goodies.

It is intended that books will be sent out to purchasers in Summer 2010. As a gesture of thanks for supporting his book, everyone who pre-orders the Deluxe Edition will receive in the mail a personal signed note of thanks from Glenn on special notepaper. Each purchaser will also be invited as Glenn’s guest to special gigs in Europe and North America and will have the opportunity to meet him.

Worldwide price is 550 including shipping.

[ Pre-Order Now ]