View Single Post
Old Oct-20-2018, 3:21 AM

Germany

Thanked 1,383 Times in 790 Posts
So the gig in Hamburg was two days ago and I still feel dumbstruck.

The Fabrik, a 1,200 heads venue, may not have been sold, but the place was packed. The basement was full and people were standing in two and three rows on the balconies. And it was hot with more heat coming from the stage.

Glenn and his band were absolutely stunning! What you see on all those YT clips is only a poor teaser compared to what you get when you see the real thing.

The setlist was well chosen. I wonder if it will change a bit on the second leg of the tour.

Glenn was in fine shape and his voice was just to die for. He was definitely happy to be back on the road with this show, he talked a lot to us and about Tommy Bolin.

I did not take pix this time as I wanted to enjoy the concert and I danced too much anyway. So I'll just post a photo from the soundcheck.

One thing on the funny side. Glenn remembers my real name by now. Nevertheless, before he signed my CTTB LP he asked me how it is spelled. So I teased him a bit and said "remember Yvonne Dupree?" And he goes like "oh yeah, oh yeah, haha"

Anybody who has Glenn's book will know who Yvonne Dupree was

Thank you, Glenn, for an evening which left me feeling like the teenager I was back in 1975
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Soundcheck.jpg (330.6 KB, 3 views)

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post: