View Single Post
Old Mar-26-2003, 9:11 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,491 Posts
Today was a toasty day indeed - high 80's and sunny

Seems the Management heeded my advice about the music....Trapeze was heard throughout the hotel most of the day, topped up with Deep Purple, Bad Company and other 70's sounds...a real trip hearing this stuff in a hotel!

Here's an update for those of you who are staying at the hotel and/or yet to check-in....your Velvet Sessions "All Access" VIP Passes will be ready for you to pick up when you check-in...so be sure and ask for them!

Looks like the Meet'n'Greet is for Pass Holders Only - you'll not only meet with Glenn, but also Gabi and all members of the band! This will be held in a special aftershow private room - all the details are in your VIP Package containing your passes.

Hope everyone else is enjoying these reports....for those unable to be here, I know it's probably making you extremely jealous but I thought you might like a day-by-day report....to make you feel like your here in spirit at least! It's not often we get to see Glenn live and solo in the USA - so making the most of it

Today they announced the show publically, so that regular hotel guests can join in the fun - however - for them, there is a $20 cover charge - it should be packed!

Later in the day, I headed over to the Velvet Bar in the hotel and met up with Lou Carrier, the Hotel Manager - it's Lou we really have to thank for helping us coordinate all these activities - he's been a star! He told me of many celebrities who may make an appearance tomorrow night, from both the rock and pop world....but I won't spill the beans, instead will let you know tomorrow who actually did show After about 1/2 hour, a Fan Forum visitor, Bill Redford, spotted my CTC T-Shirt and came over and said "Hello".

Bill Redford, David and Lou Carrier

Also, finally got to meet another Fan Forum and GHPG.net regular and the CTC CELEBRATIONS Competition Winner - MAZ1969...we had a good old chat about Glenn and his music. He also picked up his other prize, a Hard Rock Hotel Leather Jacket - not that he needs it here....but a great prize - $300 in the Hard Rock Shop - but FREE for Chris! I also met a wonderful couple, originally from New York, but now Tampa residents, Kenny & Carolyn Grady - we all talked about Glenn from Trapeze & Deep Purple, up and through to his most recent days, plus Rory Gallagher, Stevie Marriot, Wishbone Ash, Gary Moore and many, many others!

After Lou headed home, all of us continued to hang out at the bar and at around 9:30pm, we spotted Glenn, Gabi and the band at the check-in desk, after they grabbed something to eat at one of the restaurants...Gabi came over to say "Hi", followed shortly thereafter by Glenn and the guys, who were absolutely fantasic and invited us all to join them at their table. After lots of good conversation and insight into tomorrow night's show, we all headed out to get a good night's rest, in preparation for the great day ahead!

Carolyn Grady, Bill Redford, GLENN, Kenny Grady and Chris Mazzeo

Well, that's it for now....will be a great day tomorrow....look forward to meeting a lot more of you then.

Cheers!