Thread: BCC IV Previews
View Single Post
Old Jul-30-2017, 11:47 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,502 Times in 2,561 Posts
Icon47 'IV' thoughts!

Here's my brief thoughts so far, I'll leave the song titles out of it for now, saving them for you to read in the early reviews, that will no doubt start to appear very shortly.

WOW, upon first listen you immediately feel like they have never been away, this is a defiant continuation of where the band left off, it's a natural progression from the last chords of Afterglow to the highlights of I and II. After multiple listens, this album has easily become my 'Album of the Year'!

The mix from Kevin Shirley is par excellence, giving each band member equal time, from Glenn's thunderous vocal delivery and bass grooves, Bonham's bombastic drumming, Sherinian's manic keys and Bonamassa pulling out all the stops with homage to his rock heroes such as Page, Kossoff, Gallagher & more!

From the album opener (also the first 'single') right through to the end, the music doesn't let up - you're transported back to the '70s while also feeling very much in the here and now.

Glenn's soaring vocals are some of the best he's layed down on tape… ever! Thinking about when they were recorded, it's no wonder (just a month after his Mother's passing). His lyrics are as always top quality, with a nod and a wink to some of his solo song titles thrown in for good measure… there's even a familiar ring (when you listen closely to the intro & chorus of the second song) reminiscent of Shape 68!

I'll have a full review nearer the release date, song titles included!

You should be hearing the first 'single' later this week courtesy of Planet Rock (UK) and BCC's newly revamped website which will be unveiled any day.

Meantime, the album is now available for pre-order:

USA :: UK

So buckle up, they're back!!

PS: For now, only an ORANGE vinyl edition will have an extra song included, and oh boy, it will be more than a bonus - it's equal to, if not better than some on the rest of the album, so definitely more than just a bonus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bcc_iv.jpg (127.5 KB, 8 views)
The Following 6 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post: