Glenn Hughes Fan Forum

Glenn Hughes Fan Forum (http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/index.php)
-   Purple Days (http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2016, 2014, 2013 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nomination (http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/showthread.php?t=8140)

David Oct-04-2012 12:05 AM

2016, 2014, 2013 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nomination

Deep Purple (all line-ups) have been nominated for induction into the Cleveland, Ohio, USA based Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame for 2013.

Fans also have some input... you can cast your vote for them here:

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll

The top vote-getters will be inducted on April 18th, 2013 at the Nokia Theater L.A. live in Los Angeles. The ceremony will be held in Los Angeles for the first time since 1993. It's usually held in New York at the Waldforf Astoria, but it was held in Cleveland in 1997, 2009 and 2012.
2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees - YouTube
Other nominees this year include:

The Paul Buttersfield Blues Band
Chic
Heart
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Albert King
Kraftwerk
The Marvelettes
The Meters
Randy Newman
N.W.A
Procol Harum
Public Enemy
Rush
Donna Summer

DomValela Oct-04-2012 8:20 AM

As I predicted last year, Rush & Deep Purple will win it. So how about this for the concluding jam:

Rush does Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions and Spirit of the Radio, and then they get off. Deep Purple (Mk.VII) come out and do Highway Star, Hush and Lazy, with a slight member change-up for Burn, and maybe Mistreated if we're lucky. (And maybe Glenn and David can announce their "40 Years of Burn" World Tour 2013 at that time ;) )

And then we get Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart, Ian Gillan, Ritchie Blackmore, Steve Morse, Roger Glover, Don Airey, Ian Paice, Glenn Hughes and David Coverdale all up on the stage playing "Smoke on the Water." :D

tony g Oct-04-2012 11:13 AM

how many people think richie blackmoore will attend ?-thats the ony question i have

GeoGoddess Oct-04-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony g (Post 52060)
how many people think richie blackmoore will attend ?-thats the ony question i have

I can imagine him saying something along the lines of DP being a couple of band's ago in his career and what he's doing now is worthier. But that's just me on a snarky day.

It's about time DP and Heart were nominated. I'd vote for Rush, but only if Geddy Lee promised to never sing in his upper register again. I'll vote for PH.

NWA? Naw!

Ken Oct-04-2012 2:40 PM

Deep Purple Hall of Fame

DP has been nominated for the first time (what took them so long) for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame enshrinment. could we finally see all surviving members on stage at the same time?, that would surely be something to witness. be sure to vote.

chutsler Oct-04-2012 3:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony g (Post 52060)

It would probably be a 'cold day in hell'................;)

Forever Young Oct-04-2012 3:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chutsler (Post 52063)
It would probably be a 'cold day in hell'................;)

Yeah, he is so aloof that it is likely meaningless to him. Sad but true.

paice30 Oct-05-2012 12:10 AM

it's about time that Rush and Purple join the rarefied air as such talents as The Pretenders :rolleyes:

lioness Oct-05-2012 9:16 AM

I wish the band had been nominated last year when it became known that Lordy was fighting cancer. He would have been pleased about the honour. Now it's too late! :mad:

willem Oct-05-2012 10:48 AM

Deep Purple should have been in the Hall of Fame for years and years. But never too late. Now is the time. I voted for Deep Purple, of course :thumbsup:

chutsler Oct-05-2012 4:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lioness (Post 52071)
I wish the band had been nominated last year when it became known that Lordy was fighting cancer. He would have been pleased about the honour. Now it's too late! :mad:

Lioness, 'the hall' has a 'knack' for that......when the Dave Clark Five were 'inducted'....members Denis Payton and Mike Smith had both passed away... :confused:

lioness Oct-06-2012 3:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chutsler (Post 52076)
Lioness, 'the hall' has a 'knack' for that......when the Dave Clark Five were 'inducted'....members Denis Payton and Mike Smith had both passed away... :confused:

Isn't this (partly) the reason why it has achieved the nickname 'Hall of Shame'? :rolleyes: ;)

Stormbringer74 Oct-08-2012 2:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lioness (Post 52081)
Isn't this (partly) the reason why it has achieved the nickname 'Hall of Shame'? :rolleyes: ;)

nice one ! :thumbsup:

chutsler Oct-08-2012 4:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lioness (Post 52081)

Well....that's 'one way' to put it.....but it's more like Hall of 'SHAM'........:D

lioness Oct-13-2012 2:50 AM

What Ritchie Blackmore has to say about the nomination - it was to be expected! :p

www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Ritchie-Blackmore-couldn%C3%ADt-care-less-about-Hall-Of-Fame&nItemID=58087

tony g Oct-13-2012 9:02 AM

exactly what i thought he would say-now i have to wonder who will be on stage and who will try to exclude who :huh:

GeoGoddess Oct-17-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoGoddess (Post 52061)
I can imagine him saying something along the lines of DP being a couple of band's ago in his career and what he's doing now is worthier. But that's just me on a snarky day.

Well I might have been snarky, but I was also pretty accurate. How nice, I've been right twice this year.

I hope everyone can put aside their insecurities and find a way for everyone to enjoy a celebration of all that DP created, and how it only led to enabling each member to move on to whatever was next for them.

Ken Oct-17-2012 5:00 PM

maybe Jimmy & Jeff could change his mind about it.

DomValela Oct-18-2012 7:08 AM

I don't think that Glenn has said anything about this publicly yet. We've heard from Mk. VIII, Ritchie and even Coverdale, but I don't remember any tweets or anything at all from Glenn.

Interesting.

David Oct-18-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomValela (Post 52226)
I don't think that Glenn has said anything about this publicly yet. We've heard from Mk. VIII, Ritchie and even Coverdale, but I don't remember any tweets or anything at all from Glenn.

He was actually the first one to comment!

DomValela Oct-18-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 52227)
He was actually the first one to comment!

Oh, thanks! I missed that. Yeah...even then, it's really not much, is it?

danielb Oct-28-2012 9:02 AM

RB said in an interview from a few days ago that he'd spoken to Coverdale 5 days ago. Imagine how cool it would be to have DC and RB join BCC, the band changing its name to Blackmore's Country Communion.

lioness Oct-28-2012 2:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielb (Post 52323)
RB said in an interview from a few days ago that he'd spoken to Coverdale 5 days ago. Imagine how cool it would be to have DC and RB join BCC, the band changing its name to Blackmore's Country Communion.

Cool??? :rolleyes: How many years is it that Glenn and Ritchie haven't spoken to each other? DC and Ritchie in BCC, maybe with Candice too? Thanks, but NO thanks!

Stormbringer74 Oct-29-2012 3:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielb (Post 52323)

Blackmore spoke to Coverdale 5 days ago ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

did you have some link about this ????

lioness Oct-29-2012 3:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormbringer74 (Post 52339)
Blackmore spoke to Coverdale 5 days ago ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

did you have some link about this ????

It's mentioned in the Blackmore interview... ;)

DomValela Oct-29-2012 6:55 PM

I'm skeptical about this whole thing with Ritchie and Coverdale talking. I think he made that up on the spot during the interview. The whole reason why the MK. III reunion never happened was because no-one could get through to that guy...and from what I know, the last encounter that these particular two had was in the 80's, which started with a snack backstage and ended with the two of them on the floor, engaged in furious battle :lol:

Stormbringer74 Oct-30-2012 2:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lioness (Post 52340)
It's mentioned in the Blackmore interview... ;)

:thumbsup:

willem Oct-30-2012 3:36 PM

Blackmores Country Communion, thatīs very funny ;)

Sigurd Oct-31-2012 12:03 PM

:cool: yeah Willem, my friend, i totally agree with you!! Very funny , and what about Night Covers Blackmore's Country Communion?

greets
Sigurd

Sigurd Nov-09-2012 5:20 AM

:cool: on BCC Afterglow is a song "Dandelion".
On Blackmore's Night last cd A Knight In York is a song "Dandelion Wine".
Great coincidence??
Or a good sign??? ;)

greets
Sigurd
:bouncer: