Glenn Hughes Fan Forum

Glenn Hughes Fan Forum (http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/index.php)
-   Tour Dates & Appearances (http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   RESCHEDULED UK Tour Dates... (http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/showthread.php?t=2497)

David Nov-16-2004 11:13 AM

RESCHEDULED UK Tour Dates...

2 Attachment(s)
RESCHEDULED U.K. TOUR DATES AND SOUL MOVER CD RELEASE

February 2005

11th Dudley - JB's
12th Bradford - Rio's
13th Edinburgh - Liquid Rooms
15th London - Mean Fiddler
16th Norwich - Waterfront
17th Sheffield - Leadmill
19th Northampton - Roadmender

To coincide with the late-January 2005 release of his new album Soul Mover on CD, Glenn Hughes the golden-voiced former vocalist and bass player for rock legends Deep Purple, will be undertaking a two month European tour, beginning with seven shows in the U.K in February (the European dates will be announced as soon as they are confirmed).

Originally scheduled for December, and to have featured Red Hot Chili Pepper's drummer extraordinaire Chad Smith on the dates, the tour has been rescheduled for February, this time as Glenn Hughes solo shows.

Chad would love to do the UK leg of the tour, and he will do his best to make the dates, but this is dependent upon his recording commitments with the Chili Peppers. For this reason, we are advertising the dates as GLENN HUGHES solo shows as a necessary precaution, so that we can play them regardless of if Chad can do them or not. As soon as his involvement is confirmed 100%, (time permitting) we will re-advertise the shows as Glenn Hughes/Chad Smith shows. Either way, Glenn and band will be there, so be prepared for what promises to be his best ever solo shows.

Support on all dates throughout the UK and Europe will be The Lizards from the USA, who feature ex-Rainbow/Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult drummer Bobby Rondinelli.

Original tickets for the December shows are valid at all venues with the exception of NORWICH, NORTHAMPTON and EDINBURGH where people must return their tickets for a refund and purchase a new ticket. The ticket price in Norwich and Northampton has been slightly amended to keep the ticket prices in line with the other venues.

IMPORTANT!!! SHEFFIELD and EDINBURGH both have a 10:00PM off-stage curfew on the rescheduled dates, so Glenn will be on-stage by approx. 8:15PM on these shows. (They both have club nights afterwards). All other venues have a normal 11:00PM/11:30PM curfew, so expect an onstage time of about 9:00PM to 9:15PM.

Chad plays drums throughout Soul Mover, which also features ex-Chili Peppers and Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro on the title track. A video has been filmed for the song, featuring the trio in the California desert. Navarro described Soul Mover as "...killer, with a kind of harder Lenny Kravitz vibe to it" on his website.

Far from simply 'guesting' on the album, Chad has been actively involved in all aspects of the recording and production of Soul Mover, and his enthusiasm and commitment has been pivotal in making this Glenn's most significant release since his days in Deep Purple.

Glenn, Chad and guitarist John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers) recently recorded a phenomenal version of Nights In White Satin which captures one of Glenn's greatest ever vocals. Both this song and the track Soul Mover were mixed by world famous engineer Jim Scott (Audioslave / Red Hot Chili Peppers).

chris spencer Nov-17-2004 12:40 AM

Glad to see the dates rescheduled including the Edinburgh show.

February 05 is turning into a great month for gigs with Glenn and then the Quireboys a couple of weeks later.

Just hope the Glenn show is funk based!!!

See ya there:D

Sue Nov-17-2004 12:50 AM

Yehaw! I'll have some more holidays by then, and even if Chad can't make it- support from the Lizards! Rondinelli is such a great drummer. Looking good too, last time I saw him, since he'd given up the cigarettes and lost some weight.

Weissheim Nov-17-2004 6:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris spencer
Glad to see the dates rescheduled including the Edinburgh show.

Ditto! :clapper:

JohnH Nov-18-2004 3:10 AM

If Chad can't make it I sure wouldn't mind seeing Tomas Broman again....that guy plays with such passion and joy (just watch his facial expressions) , and is such a great drummer!

John

steve28 Nov-19-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnH
If Chad can't make it I sure wouldn't mind seeing Tomas Broman again....that guy plays with such passion and joy (just watch his facial expressions) , and is such a great drummer!

John

Too right. Lets see Tomas again - he was fantastic last time. I can see the commercial advantages of getting Chad involved (but we've now also experienced the difficulties!).
And fair play to the management for rescheduling all of the dates. I don't live in Scotland but I bet the Jocks were convinced that their date would be for the chop!

Shirl Nov-20-2004 2:56 PM

And Chris ...

quote: <HR>Sorry to be the cynic here but I bet Scotland doesnt feature in the rescheduled dates. <HR>
I'll bet heavily that it will! http://fanforum.ghpg.net/2/ws/,s,714.../xyxthumbs.gif

I told you so ... one VERY happy camper then!

steveh Nov-21-2004 10:10 AM

does anyone know what has happened to the Nottingham Rock City gig. Have got tickets for cancelled December date. Rang venue who said to hold on as it may still happen. Was looking forward to overdosing on 'the voice of rock' at JB's and Rock city in space of 7 days! CAN ANYONE HELP?

David Nov-21-2004 11:35 AM

Probably the venue didn't have the date available or some other logistical reason that didn't fit the schedule. It's great they were able to get all the dates to follow one another (as before) in such a short period of time, especially since the changes were announced just a short time ago. So it's just the 7 dates this time around.

Weissheim Nov-26-2004 4:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
Original tickets for the December shows are valid at all venues with the exception of NORWICH, NORTHAMPTON and EDINBURGH where people must return their tickets for a refund and purchase a new ticket. The ticket price in Norwich and Northampton has been slightly amended to keep the ticket prices in line with the other venues.

The Edinburgh Liquid Room website says that "ALL TICKETS FOR THE GIG ARE STILL VALID, HOWEVER, REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE IF REQUIRED FROM YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE."

The ticket price is now 13.

I phoned and got some clarification. Tickets are still valid, but if you hold on to them you don't get the price difference refunded. Or you can return them and get new (lower-priced) tickets issued.

David Nov-26-2004 11:54 AM

Thanks for the info John. See above for the updated first posting, which now includes the tour poster/advert.

By the way, can you recommend any online sites for purchasing tickets for The Liquid Room?

Weissheim Nov-26-2004 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
Thanks for the info John. See above for the updated first posting, which now includes the tour poster/advert.

By the way, can you recommend any online sites for purchasing tickets for The Liquid Room?

Ents24.com seems to sell tickets for some Liquid Room shows, but the revised date isn't on there yet.

Ripping Records (http://www.rippingrecords.com), which is a small record shop in Edinburgh, has tickets but doesn't have any online ordering facilities. I sent a cheque and received my tickets without any problem. If you need any help with this David, drop me an email.

David Nov-26-2004 11:18 PM

Thanks for the links John, might take you up on your offer if it doesn't don't show up by year's end.

gong Dec-02-2004 10:11 AM

The Lizards support Glenn Hughes on Euro-tour

The Lizards, featuring Bobby Rondinelli (BOC/Rainbow/Sabbath) and Mike DiMeo (Riot), will be the opening act on Glenn Hughes European tour. The Lizards have recently released a new CD entitled "Cold Blooded Kings."

For more info:

www.thelizardswebsite.com

Thanks,
Glass Onyon PR

Paul Jan-05-2005 10:15 AM

Chili Peppers Finish Writing

Came across this today.

Quote:

Chili Peppers Finish Writing

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have just about finished writing their follow-up to 2002's By the Way. They are slated to begin recording the as-yet-untitled album shortly, according to a band spokesperson. No release date has been set.
Hopefully they can spare Chad for a few days in mid-February :)