Glenn Hughes Fan Forum

Glenn Hughes Fan Forum (http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/index.php)
-   Feedback & Suggestions (http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why! (http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/showthread.php?t=4928)

nakiel Sep-04-2007 4:18 PM

Why!

Why the ten post rule?

There's not that much traffic here...
I'd say 3's enough :confused:

David Sep-04-2007 4:22 PM

First off, welcome aboard nakiel :cool: See, it's not so hard to reach the 10 post level ;)

We have it in place to make it easier to track down trolls who visit once and raid the place and then take credit for whatever they've taken elsewhere, without a "please and thank you" to whoever was kind enough to share here. It maybe the internet, but a simple "thank you" credit doesn't take much.....policing things seems to be the norm, so that is why we impose this and have done for sometime now.

hughesfan Sep-05-2007 6:42 PM

hey David,

maybe I missed this but what is the 10-post rule?

Cheers
hughesfan

David Sep-05-2007 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughesfan (Post 28136)
hey David,

maybe I missed this but what is the 10-post rule?

Cheers
hughesfan

We posted about it a few months ago - http://fanforum.ghpg.net/showthread.php?t=4597

Unfortunate, but absolutely necessary thanks to the scumbags that frequent forums just to leech.

nakiel Sep-05-2007 10:24 PM

..the reason I asked; was only to write another post... :cool:

chrisloeb Sep-06-2007 4:04 PM

So hopefully you don't disappear after your 12th post, nakiel, like others have after their 10th or 11th, having claimed in the first place that they were a "big fan" or simply (let me get this right) "new to site" and filled out a poll, two or three...
:sint1:

Shirean Sep-06-2007 5:44 PM

Thanks Chris, you obviously feel our pain too :sint3:

chrisloeb Sep-07-2007 4:42 PM

My pleasure, Shirean - I was just IN THE MOOD ;)
By the way... your 1101 posts counter looks real cool!
:cool:
Chris

Stormbringer74 Oct-18-2007 2:54 AM

I'm in this forum since August but no time to post before !! now it's better so I hope you doesn't close my account before my tenth post.. also sorry for my poor english.. I will try to do my best !!! :cool:

other question : is it possible for me to speak to my french forum (Coverdale&Hughes forum) and put a link on my signature for example...

David Oct-18-2007 8:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormbringer74 (Post 28822)
is it possible for me to speak to my french forum (Coverdale&Hughes forum) and put a link on my signature for example...

Yes indeed Stormbringer74 - go to the "User CP" (see link at the top of each forum page), then from the menu on the left-side, click on "Edit Signature" (Settings & Options section) - you can then place a signature in the editing box and save it. From then on, any message you post, your signature will display.

Stormbringer74 Oct-19-2007 4:18 AM

thank you for the process ! I knew it !! my question is about your approval !! thanks a lot for that !!! :thumbsup:

mi_zanon Nov-04-2007 8:47 PM

New member too

Hi Friend!
I hope we (new members) can help eachother, Im learnng a lot visiting this Site, you already know, we meet here, my english is too poor, and I also will try to do my best.
Kisses for you.
Milena

Stormbringer74 Nov-05-2007 2:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi_zanon (Post 29045)
Hi Friend!
I hope we (new members) can help eachother, Im learnng a lot visiting this Site, you already know, we meet here, my english is too poor, and I also will try to do my best.
Kisses for you.
Milena

so we all try to do our best !!! :) ;)

chrisloeb Nov-05-2007 2:32 PM

Thanks for putting a little life back into this thread...

A lot of people just don't seem to realise that DAVID AND SHIREAN ARE PUTTING A LOT OF HARD WORK into this, and that there's a real community of people here who share the same passion, namely all things Glenn Hughes - and beyond.

I totally understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea to be talkative, I was a lurker myself for quite some time before I registered and made myself known, but there are obviously still too many people here who are just in it for the money (metaphorically speaking of course) - see Plagiarism thread, hence the magic 10 posts rule.

I know message boards that are members only - you can't read a single message without being registered and logged in. And this is because they were being spammed, hacked and the moderators decided to seclude their board simply for safety reasons. That should not be necessary, don't you think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisloeb (Post 28157)
So hopefully you don't disappear after your 12th post, nakiel...

Proove me wrong!

Just something I wanted to get off my chest.

Christian

Stormbringer74 Nov-06-2007 2:08 AM

nice post Chris !! :thumbsup: totally agree with you !! to be forum's admin is a lot of work !! believe me I know this !! so come on guys and girls !! let's this forum alive with our posts ! GHPG rules !! :clapper: :clapper: